Skip to content

Devices/Hardware

Welcome to the feedback forum for Clover Devices and Hardware. Please share your ideas for how we can update our hardware to improve merchant and customer experiences at the point of sale. We are listening and we use this feedback to prioritize our roadmap.

Here are quick descriptions of each category so that you can easily locate and post ideas in the correct place!

1. Device Setup: Were you able to easily put together and configure your device? Please express your thoughts on the device setup process here. 

2. Individual Device Categories: Share your ideas that have to do with all things hardware including the design, functionality, durability, compatibility, and more.  

3. Accessories/Peripherals: In this category, you can post all your thoughts on Clover accessories and peripherals such as the pin-pad, cash drawer, scales, scanners, and printers.

4. Other Device/Hardware Suggestions: Place your idea here if you have feedback that does not fit in any of the other forum categories.

Devices/Hardware

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

21 results found

1. Customizable Screensaver feature for informing employees of daily specials, etc.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I have asked this before and told there was nothing in the works.
    But I'm asked by potential and existing Customers about this all the time. I doubt I could be the only one? I've always thought ( and heard for clients) that a black or graphite option would be fantastic.
    This week I was making some cold-calls and saw that Square now does have this option out in the market. It's a nice new graphite/dark gray looking color. They must have had request and felt there was also a need if they did it. Maybe this can be looked…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. "Skip And Print" Always USED to Print a Tip and Signature line, now it doesn't. We would like that to come back. Curb Side service is very trendy and our customers are asking for a tip line!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Merchants want to tap cards on all devices…. It is easier, faster and reduces wear and tear on their chip card reader. Merchants don’t want to buy a duo just so they can accept contactless transactions. We would also like to see a simple inexpensive Bluetooth ( or connected) card reader with contactless option that would pair with solo, duo or other devices in case the main card reader breaks

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. With more and more states outlawing plastic bags, we are forced to purchase reusable high-end high-priced bags for to-go items. In order to pass that cost along to customers, it would be nice to have clover let you add a service fee for these items by choosing the type of order so that the amount could be added only for takeout orders as opposed to dine-in orders. A surcharge by order type would solve that problem.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Currently the only option for modifiers display is along the horizontal top of the Station screen scrolling from left to right.

Offer a vertical display option similar to how you can display categories with items displayed to the right. Very helpful for places that have multiple modifiers. This will speed up the transactions ordering times versus have to scroll along the top from one modifier to the next and enhance the user experience of the devices.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I have quite a bit of merchants requesting a dark mode display, similar to how cell phones have.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. There is no Near Field Communication on the Solo.
    I don't have enough counter space for the duo but need NFC, why isn't that offered. You can ********* the oldest terminals that plug in through the phone line or ethernet, but it's not offered on a WiFi, cloud based system? Not sure what to do but its very inconvenient and my customers are asking for NFC that i cannot provide.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Merchant wants the alphabetical order for the customer options in the register app

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. contactless payment is a trend. Apple pay google pay Samsung pay..... I don't understand why Clover Station solo cannot accept any contactless payments. Even old fashion counter top credit card machine can accept NFC payments. Clover Station Solo cannot !??? Can Clover engineering make it happen? at least support P550 printer as optional !!! Please!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Have a report available on the POS that shows the expected cash deposit for an employee at shift change

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Some merchants want to switch processing companies but would lose access to the reporting data in one account. For instance, they are able to easily compare sales between today and this day last year. If they were to switch merchant processing companies, they would lose that privilege and would have to manually log back in into their old account for comparison. A way to export and import this data between different MIDs would be greatly beneficial.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I know there is custom item to put in whatever price onto the custom item, and you can put in text in the modifier. But the Custom Item can not be sent to the kitchen printer, so this is useless...

Something like this will be very nice.

A completely blank button for the merchants to put in whatever NAME, MODIFIER and PRICE on their own. And this needs to be able to fire to the kitchen printer.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Is it possible to arrange categories based on a specific device and not have the categories the same across all devices?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Another option to change the format of the display of the screen and apps for those who are visually impaired.

ie. Make the screen all black and white. and have only the apps names listed big on the screen, instead of the icon--or make the entire display black and white.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Two cash drawers have a spot each on the Solo hub, so why can't the functionality be developed (we asked for this three years ago) so a bartender can get assigned to their own drawer for the business owner to avoid theft and employee finger pointing. There are two spots ready for this development! We need this to close a $5M high volume location needing 30+ clover devices! 7 18 2023 JC.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. In a multi Clover station environment make it possible to have each station independant from one another.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Is it something that can be looked into being done? As of right now, it all looks like it's in-house sales, which is working, but we have some special events, different on-site locations, and to-go that can order off our regular menu, and we are looking to see what those sales do in conjunction with what the main restaurant is doing. For example, a report that would show the sales for a specific night. So we can see the breakdown per night that 50% was deck sales 25% To Go, and 25% was Main Restaurant. We separated our deck, main…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Some times card reader stop working, rather than replace full system, you should be able to add a clover go device

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. This probably applies to the web interface more than the devices, but I don't see any way to bulk switch my inventory items from Manual Availability to Automatic. Unfortunately the previous owner of the business set everything to manual and left it, and I'd prefer not to go through each of 500 entries and switch them,

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?