Skip to content

Engaging Customers

Welcome to the feedback forum for Clover Customer Engagement Features. Please share your ideas for how we can update our Clover software to improve customer experiences, increase traffic, and retain loyalty for merchants. Specifically, this forum should only include ideas about built-in functions on the Clover Dashboard (feedback on customer engagement apps should be included in the Apps/App Marketplace forum). We are listening and we use this feedback to prioritize our roadmap.

Here are quick descriptions of each category so that you can easily locate and post ideas in the correct place!

1. Managing Customers Internally: Share your thoughts on Clover’s built-in software that allows businesses to manage customers including viewing/storing customer information. 

2. Customer Feedback: Are there features or capabilities that can improve the Clover customer feedback tool? Let us know here.

3. Customer Promotions: How can the promotions feature on the Clover dashboard be optimized for businesses?

4. Customer Rewards: What added functions can improve the built-in rewards software to increase customer retention and engagement?

5. Other Customer Engagement Suggestions: Place your idea here if you have feedback that does not fit in any of the other forum categories.

Engaging Customers

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

141 results found

1. Clover go needs to be able to input customer info: name, email, phone number, etc. This is super important for marketing and follow-up, and I can't believe you left this important function out.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The merchant would like to be able to search his customers by First and last name and as well by company name. Right now the only search options are phone numbers, email, first & last name. But we are unable to search by company name.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I am writing to request a feature addition to the discount app and the rewards app in the form of a cap on the maximum dollar amount that can be applied to a single invoice. It has been observed that our customers often redeem their rewards or discounts with a considerable purchase, say a large catering order. In such scenarios, allowing unlimited dollar redemption can lead to loss of revenue and subsequent financial burden on the business. Therefore, to mitigate such risks, it is essential to have a cap on the maximum dollar amount that can be discounted per invoice.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I would like to have the customer's name show up on my side of the screen (larger screen) not just on their screen when they sign into their reward account. I would like to be able to thank them by name at the end of the transaction. Since the customer's name shows up on the small screen (the small box that that sign in on) it should be easy to add it to my screen behind the counter. Thanks!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I would like the ability after adding a customer to an order through phone number, being able to access their rewards via "Select Customer" without having to use the mobile app. Same goes for non-tethered devices or clover flex. Not all customers like the mobile rewards app, and we have drive thru setup & some people find it easier to give us their phone number so we can enter in their rewards.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. We have annual Pass holders that our previous POS system had the ability to scan their pass and give discounts on the items they purchased. Employees had a higher discount with there cards and it was different depending on if it was food or retail. It also allowed us to have a more secure system and stop employees from giving out the discount of their choosing as a pass had to be scanned which also recorded the guests name. Hoping you have such a thing or can implement it?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. My shops have been singled out of the Rewards program without notice. Please bring back Rewards to all cigar shops. I have many customers that have thousands of points and I have no way of how to reward them. I don't have access now to how many points they have. My customers have found many other cigar shops still on the clover app yet my shops were pulled. Your marketing company needs to quit trying to social engineer adult behavior and get back to making great POS hardware and software.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Modifiers are considered upgrades, therefore they should not be included in the redemption of points/rewards. Especially if the perk is for a free item. A free item valued at $8 then becomes a free item valued at $12 or more due to multiple modifiers being added which hurts a small business.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I have a membership program for my business. It would be really helpful if the customer list could be sorted by Surname instead of by first name only.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The Announcement functionality should allow many more characters and the ability to include graphics. We should be able to communicate to our customers however we choose.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. There needs to be a report that shows all manual adjustments made to Rewards points by employees. Currently if an employee manually adjusts a customer's Rewards points, there is no report or logs for the owner to see which employee adjusted those points or how much the points were adjusted by.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The current system offers a reward when a customer becomes a regular and a VIP, and then, for the rest of their customer life...nothing. We should be able to make the tiers annual so that customers have an incentive to make 12 or 25 visits (or whatever it is changed to) every year, not just once.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Would like customizable employee permissions to be added for the Rewards app in order to allow or restrict different employees roles to perform different functions in the Rewards app. For example, a permission should be added to restrict or allow the ability to manually adjust rewards points. Currently this feature is available to any employee who has access to the dashboard with no way to restrict employees from manually adjusting points.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. closeout at the end of the day batch should have something like "giftcards sold online" how much its

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Gift Cards  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please, please, please add the features below asap...
    -Allow merchants to merge duplicate customer profiles
    -Allow merchants to export all of the sales data for individual customers (needed for frequent buyer programs etc.)
    -Provide different options for sorting customer names
    -The customer search function needs to retrieve any part of the customer's name. For example if the customer has two last names the search function only works if you search for the first one

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Currently rewards are all-inclusive. By allowing users to manage what items are eligible for rewards sellers can promote customers to purchase specific items and reward them for doing so. For example, a seller could make it so that their in-store brand is eligible for points to encourage sales over 3rd party brands.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The idea I had for this came up when I was updating inventory templates for different merchants/Vendors. Instead of having to manually update new customers, there could be a customer template in the same fashion that inventory exports are. This would allow management to upload multiple customers at once without the need for a transaction. I think this would be especially useful for companies that deal with large volumes of customers like school districts and other agencies.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Gift Cards  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. There needs to a place to enable customers to be divided by groups as well as being alphabetized.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20.         Please add under the loyalty rewards: Give % off when they come in X amt of times. Not just in the Bonus section. Right now you can only give a % off with X amount of points. I want to give them a reward based on times in only no points

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?