Authorizations

1. Dollar Amount tips

My suggestion:
    For smaller ticket restaurants/coffee shops the tips would be better if we could change to $1, $2, $3. This is the way Square's tipping is set up.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  US  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. AVS on Authorizations App

Authorizations app to prompt for AVS and/or CVV to better protect merchants against chargebacks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Canada  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. I would like a more logical sequence for the screens during the sales process on my FLEX device.

I am fairly new to the FLEX device, but I have used standard cc terminals for 20 years. I am in a business where I have a very personal interaction with my clients, who are usually already known to me or will become a regular clients if they like my skills. On Dec 27, for the 1st time ever in my 20 years mechant's life, an unknown new client introduced a card that turned out to be declined- reason unknown. I never had a chance to realize that until the end of the day when I was about to close…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Offline mode to be optional

Our Clover accounts come automatically programmed to have offline mode enabled. This may seem efficient but I believe it creates a bigger problem. Our business owners are busy running their shop and usually just click Accept or OK when prompted and don’t really read the message that informs them the device is offline and they accept the risks.

I propose Clover should have an on boarding screen during activation that asks them what they prefer, similar to sign on paper screen. Or have the default set to turned off. They should opt in, not opt out of it by default.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Adding tips and signatures for Pre Auth while offline

Merchant wants to be ABLE TO APPLY TIPS & SIGNATURES FOR PRE AUTH WHILE OFFLINE

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Manually enter amount after swiping for pre-authorization

Manually enter amount after swiping for pre-auth in Register app

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Clover Station: EMV Pre-Authorizations

The rep on the account called because the merchant received a chargeback because he pre-authorized a card on the station and it was EMV chip card. The ISO is inquiring if there is any way to pre-authorize an EMV chip card on the old station.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Pre-Authorization Changes

Merchant would like the device to pre-auth the amount-- which it does-- but instead of charging the customer a separate amount, and then refunding them the pre-auth amount, he would like to have it just refund them the amount that was not used by the customer.

Merchant explained that with the current way, it is causing his customers to call him thinking that they were double charged.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  US  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Accepting damaged chip cards

Merchant wants Clover device to be able to accept damaged chip cards. Merchant stated his establishment caters to college kids and he needs to able to accept their cards.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  US  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Bugs with new Pre-Auth Function

1. Most importantly, inventory tracking no longer works with anything purchased during a pre-auth transaction. This breaks all inventory tracking and is a major issue for us.

2. When pre-authorizing a card, occasionally the name pulled in from the card is incorrect -- like completely somebody else's name. It happens sporadically, without any clear reason as to why.

3. Tip logging: before the pre-auth feature, receipts could be collected in the order they processed payment, and tips could be entered in that same order. Now, the order the tip logging shows is based on the chronological order the pre-auth was created. This causes…
    11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Authorizations

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base