Refunds

1. How do I handle returns on BOGO 1/2 sales?

Year-round we run a BOGO 1/2 OFF sale on all t shirts and shorts which is pretty common for retailers nowadays. On returns, there is no way to execute a proper return without messing up inventory counts

I.E. If the customer brings back the higher priced item from the BOGO 1/2 OFF sale, they shouldn't get the full price for that item back because they'd be taking advantage of the sale and keeping one t shirt at 50% off. So, how do I refund them the correct amount of money that is owed while keeping inventory in check? Please help.…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create a Void button

Clover needs to have a Void button for credit transactions. This would allow an incorrect or unwanted credit card transaction to be removed and possibly reran, if neccesary. Then, the charge would not show up on the customer's bank account until the hold falls off, and the merchant would not be charged the discount fee for the refund.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  US  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sale and Refund/Exchange on same transaction

Please allow for a merchant to have a sale and a refund or exchange on same transaction. If the balance is a negative, then a credit is issued to customer. Many POS systems allow allow this capability. LIGHTSPEED, VEND and SPRINGBOARD RETAIL to name a few- see articles below:

https://retail-support.lightspeedhq.com/hc/en-us/articles/229130768-Refunding-and-exchanging

https://support.vendhq.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000320475-Process-an-Exchange

https://support.springboardretail.com/en/articles/94800-how-do-i-exchange-items-in-the-pos

Also, see my blog post in the Clover community regarding this. I created a mock up so you guys could see what I'm talking about:

https://community.clover.com/questions/21248/returns-exchanges-suggestions-coming-from-a-retail.html

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow a merchant to ring in an item with a negative amount for exchange and refund purposes

We're having difficulty dealing with exchanges and returns and would like the ability to issue an item as a negative on a sale so the sale and refund/exchange are all apart of one transaction. Our old POS system (Springboard Retail) allowed for us to do this and it worked wonders.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Void the payment without voiding the order

If a card was ran on an incorrect bill and refund was issued (refund is the only way to void the credit card payment), a new order needs to be created and sent to the kitchen to process the card with the correct amount. There is no way to edit the order after the payment was refunded. Much needed in a restaurant environment - servers run cards on incorrect tables, customers realize their portion of the bill was split incorrectly, etc. Need to be able to void the payment without voiding the order. Once we rant a private party's card…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Scan/Attach items to Manual Refund

Our business would like to be able to scan or attach an item to a manual refund. We’d like the software to also register sales tax, etc on the refund as we’re currently having to do it on a calculator outside of register. Gets very complicated with larger orders. This makes sense if it were laid out identical to the “register” except total become a credit/refund to the customer rather than a sale.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. CREATE AN APP TO RETURN OR EXCHANGE WITHOUT A RECEIPT

It is currently IMPOSSIBLE to return or exchange without a receipt, which is COMMON IN RETAIL! We trusted the company's claims that "there's an app for anything! it can be done!" We feel like we've been duped. it needs to be addressed ASAP!

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Debit card refunds should go directly back to the card

Currently Debit Card refunds only give a cash back option or a backwards manually refund that doesn't show the refund of sales tax or what the refund was per inventory.. I received a new station in Nov 2019 and that seems to be the only option, which is really strange since my earlier system, which I had for 4 years, was able to refund debit cards just like a credit card. Please just let us refund debit cards as we did in the past. The new/current way doesn't have checks and balances with inventory and sales tax.. Makes, no sense! …

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Partial refund is needed to correct an "overtipping" that happened by mistake

My FLEX terminal is basic: it bundles services with product sales, so that when a client is presented with the tip screen, she does not always realizes that if she taps on "20%", il will apply to the entire transaction. I do not want to rip off my clients (it is bad for business!) so I think introducing a way to issue a partial refund on that transaction before the batch is closed is a discreet way to correct a mistake before the client gets her cc statement and goes bonkers -or never comes back out of embarrassment or for…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Scan or search bar when exchanging items

Merchant has thousands of items and cannot scroll through the list to find items to exchange.

Would like a search bar added or the ability to scan an item to find it

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  US  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Debit Transactions Refund to Cash

Refunding debit manually does not link to the order that was refunded. This can be financially impacting to merchants customers can potentially request additional refunds to the same order which will reflect. An option for cash refund should be listed on Debit transactions. Work around for manual refunds is to leave a note on the order to illustrate it was refunded.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Refund Process

Hello,

The Refund Process do not work correctly, it should work like the discount process, where the waitress ask for approve and a pop up screen is displayed for a manager pin.  At that point the manager will enter he/her pin.  Since it does not work with way and the manager need to log into the system to refund an order, the refund order is logged under the manger shirt report and not the waitress shirt report.  This is causing issue this tip especially with cash refunds at the end of the night because there refund is not show on
    17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  US  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Clover Canada refunds

Ability to Void refunds

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Canada  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Multiple Tax Rates on Partial Refunds

Allow multiple tax rates to be added to a partial refund so reporting shows refunded amounts for multiple tax rates

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Refund Report to show last 4 digits of cards

Merchant wants to be able to export the refund and be able to see the last 4 digits of the card just as when transactions are exported

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  US  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Manual refund include Tax Rate on Receipt

Merchant has a 2018 Clover and would like to see the tax rate included when they complete a manual refund. This feature is include in the manual transaction app but this app is not available on the Clover 2018

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)