Skip to content

Taking Payments

There are a lot of ways to take a payment. Provide your ideas to help advance Clover’s payments acceptance process here. We are listening and we use this feedback to prioritize our roadmap.

Here are quick descriptions of each category so that you can easily locate and post ideas in the correct place!

1. Virtual Terminal: Provide all feedback on the Virtual Terminal in this category. How can we make this solution more useful for merchants?

2. Refunds/Exchanges: If you have any feedback on Clover’s refund or exchange functions please let us know here.

3. Recurring Payments: Share your thoughts on accepting recurring payments here. Tell us how we can improve.

4. Invoicing: Is there any functionality that can be added to our systems to enhance the invoicing feature? Put your ideas in this forum category.

5. Voids: How can we make voiding a transaction easier and simpler? Tell us your suggestions to improve this payment feature.

6. Invoicing: Share your thoughts on invoicing here. Tell us how we can improve.

7. Discounts: Ideas in the forum category should talk about the built-in Clover discounts feature which can be found in your dashboard. How can we make giving discounts easier and more effective?

8. Taxes: What functionality can be added or improved to make charging and managing taxes easier.

9. Tipping: How can we enhance Clover’s tipping options to benefit merchants, employees, and customers? Place all ideas related to tipping here.

Taking Payments

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

36 results found

1. Clover needs to make the system at the register user friendly for TAX FREE WEEKEND in Texas. Only apparel and footwear are tax free in my store leaving everything else being taxed. If a customer comes up to checkout with $200 in apparel and $200 in gifts on the same transaction ONLY the apparel is allowed to be tax free under the state rules. Clover needs to have a option where we can ring up all the customers items on one transaction and then be able to click on each individual item and remove the taxes if needed. How Clover…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Taxes  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Option to do Tax removed to each item, actually the function just do tax remove to all ticket, just taxable or no taxable, we have to charge tax to food and liquor all item but if customer comes with tax exempt we have to charge tax on alcohol drinks

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Indigenous groups are tax exempt. There is a need to either ADD or REMOVE taxes quickly by item or group at point of check out.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. An Item is taxed when a modifier is selected for an item. In California a sandwich or salad that has hot meat like chicken or bread is toasted is required the whole item to fully be taxed.

For example, when I add modifier Toasted, Clover needs tax the item.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The additional fees button adds the fee below the tax line--this is not correct. Any fee that is not voluntary is taxable in CA.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Taxes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Dine in deserts should be taxed.... take out deserts should not be taxed. Please allow for this, I have to give free money to the state. My previous POS allowed for this. My customers are gonna be giving the state $12,000

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. . For several of our bar items, we target a price including tax. For example, a can of beer is $3 including sales tax. This makes change-making easier.

Clover allows only 2 decimal places in the product price field. The sales tax rate field offers 7 decimal places. So to make my pricing work at quantities up to 100, I had to enter several different sales tax rates, to accommodate rounding at different target prices. While this solves my price problem, it creates a sales tax problem, as now my tax rate of collected sales tax will not equal the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Hi there, Boise Art Glass We often process transactions that have three specific variables: Taxable items, non-taxable items, and a discount. Through many help calls, we discovered that the reason our books were never balancing was that the Clover algorithm does not take the total from the taxable items, minus the discount, then only apply that amount to the sales tax rate, then add the cost of the non-taxable item and the other totals. What it does is looks at the total, of both the taxable and non-taxable items, and discerns what percent of the total was discounted, turns that…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Massachusetts now requires businesses to breakdown their net sales by credit and cash to pay their meals tax. Issue is the current break down is only for gross sales which includes taxes, fees, and credit tips. Can Clover update it where the breakdown will be for Net Sales only?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Wondering if you could add a function to the register when clients are paying. I want to have the taxes added to the total even if there is a discount added. Example..

total of the service is $200, taxes are added making the service $230. If the client has a gift certificate for $100, I would have the $100 subtracted from the total. (Which should still be $130 after taking off the $100)

But on the clover system, the tax is only added to the remaining balance of $100.. making the total $115. if it was an option to add…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Merchants don't have an option to add bottle deposits that can calculate it automatically therefore the only choice there is, through adding Multiple Fees as "Bottle Deposit" under Taxes & Fees. But when that's done, the payment receipt shows "Taxes & Fees" and calculate both tax and fees together and shows one total, but if we can have the "Taxes" & "Fees" showing separate with the name of the "Fees" in this case "Bottle Deposit" that will help the merchant tremendously. Can this be implemented please? Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Outreach Request  ·  0 comments  ·  Taxes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. need to have option to have tax included. this is important for bars! even after doing the correct calculations to have for instance a beer come out to be $4 flat the system automatically rounds up sometimes to the penny this is very annoying to the employees and customers.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. When utilizing a template for inventory upload, currently the only way to add multiple tax rates & Fees is to add column under your product and add an additional line for just the additional tax rate.

This makes things extremely complicated when trying to export the data and filter with Microsoft Excel.

Suggestion - Make the Tax Rates field on the template comma delimited so you may add multiple tax rates and fees on one line. This should be a simple fix.

I can provide screenshots if necessary.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Currently, you can not search by business name. We are required to assign tax exempt customers to transactions in my state for the Comptrollers office. I can not pull up our non-profit or tax exempt customers by business name. There should also be a way to denote a customer as being tax exempt with form on file. Currently, we have to reprint each transaction and manually file it in a customer file (since switching from NCR to Clover). This is creating hours of extra work because half of our customers have a tax exempt status. The workaround is to use…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow taxes to be shown with their respective names because in PR is mandatory to state what taxes were applied

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. PLEASE make a way to either alphabetize tax rates as they are displayed or to put the most common at the top or at least add a Search function. I frequently travel to various counties and states and it is painful to scroll through to find the one I am in at the time (and try to find and uncheck the one I was in yesterday). It would also be helpful to have the currently-selected tax rate(s) appear at the top.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. At this time, only default tax can be applied to custom items. For some restaurants, this feature is used on a daily or weekly basis and is a critical feature. At the moment we are attempting to use a workaround by creating various custom items in our inventory called "Custom Food "and "Custom Liquor" and applying taxes to them with dollar values of $5, $10, $15, $20, etc. and manually applying the specific taxes to them. However, if this feature isn't implemented in the next 3 months, then we will most likely need to discontinue Clover Dining and switch back…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Tips should not be based on price plus sales tax - they should only be calculated on the price.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add a column to Tax Tab so that we can add a flat fee tax this would be helpful when the tavern owner is selling a 50 types beer for $5 tax included.
    on excel spreadsheet

It really time consuming to add this on at a time on web dashboardName Tax Rate Default
    test 1 0.00% No
    Test 0.00% No
    Sales Tax 7.00% Yes
    Default Tax 0.00% No
    NOTAXAPPLIED 0.00% No

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. In Québec, when you buy 6 small cakes or 6 croissants, you don't pay the taxes. You buy 5, you pay the taxes but not for 6. There is no way, on your Clover system, to remove the taxes on those items only. Let say the client buy also 4 coffees; he has to pay the taxes on those coffee but not on those croissants because he bought 6 of them. Can you fix that problem? I'm surprised nobody asked you before me. Check the website of REVENU QUEBEV in PRODUIT DE BOULANGERIE, PRODUITS DÉTAXÉS.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?