Skip to content

Taking Payments

There are a lot of ways to take a payment. Provide your ideas to help advance Clover’s payments acceptance process here. We are listening and we use this feedback to prioritize our roadmap.

Here are quick descriptions of each category so that you can easily locate and post ideas in the correct place!

1. Virtual Terminal: Provide all feedback on the Virtual Terminal in this category. How can we make this solution more useful for merchants?

2. Refunds/Exchanges: If you have any feedback on Clover’s refund or exchange functions please let us know here.

3. Recurring Payments: Share your thoughts on accepting recurring payments here. Tell us how we can improve.

4. Invoicing: Is there any functionality that can be added to our systems to enhance the invoicing feature? Put your ideas in this forum category.

5. Voids: How can we make voiding a transaction easier and simpler? Tell us your suggestions to improve this payment feature.

6. Invoicing: Share your thoughts on invoicing here. Tell us how we can improve.

7. Discounts: Ideas in the forum category should talk about the built-in Clover discounts feature which can be found in your dashboard. How can we make giving discounts easier and more effective?

8. Taxes: What functionality can be added or improved to make charging and managing taxes easier.

9. Tipping: How can we enhance Clover’s tipping options to benefit merchants, employees, and customers? Place all ideas related to tipping here.

Taking Payments

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

31 results found

1. via SMS and Email option on the dashboard when doing recurring payments.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Allow the option to update a Customer's saved card info, without having to actually make a charge to the card.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. some merchants are requesting for recurring payments to be able to email a link to a customer and then the customer enter the cc info and select the monthly date they want the card debited and that Our competitor Stripe has this functionality.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Hi - we use Clover for a daycare. We allow families 2 weeks of vacation. Would be ideal if I could edit the start date to bump it a week instead of having to delete and re-add them back into the plan. I have 13 customers in the one plan for the amount so I can't pause the whole plan. I need to just pause one family in that plan.

Also would be phenomal to filter it alphabetically or by amount - our plans are by weekly and amount or bi-weekly and amount or monthly and amount. Instead of it…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add an option to view projected recurring schedule for payments or number of projected payment. Give an opportunity to confirm the correct information.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. There needs to be an option for recurring payments through the payment links on a website, not only through the virtual terminal

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. This would be so beneficial to those that run their businesses virtual only and do not take actual credit card numbers, adding protection and security for both parties. I am a former Stripe user and they make this super easy for merchants to set up and utilize. It also would be great if we could have payment links for recurring payments where the customer can fill out their cc information and have it saved in the system under their profile.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I am having to set them up with a different gateway like authorize.net, paytrace, eprocessing network, etc. instead of using Clover. Should be able to run their practice all in one place and Clover already has recurring billing.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, 

Clover is not a HIPPA compliant solution. However, we're looking into supporting this feature in a HIPPA compliant manner. 

Thanks, 

Clover Product 

9. I need the ability to edit a customers email and phone number without deleting and recreating their entire record which charges them again.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, 

Can you confirm if you're on the Clover Payments Plus plan? The ability to edit a customer's profile is available today within our Essentials plan.

Thanks, 

Clover Product

10. Merchant would like to create recurring payments that are able to be processed on the same date that they are created.

DON EICHMANN
    MID 517530470105651
    Phone 541-839-6200
    Merchant wants to be reached out for further enhancement request explanation.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. We have a lot of saved recurring customers. I can no longer send them an email after we charge their card. We have to manually type it in every time. Before this last update, all we had to do was click send email to the customer because it was saved in our clover device.

Now we have to ask over and over their email, or go to a different page, search customer's names and copy & paste or remember emails which are impossible. Very aggravating.

For many customers this is inconvenient and they rather pay cash or check. So we…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. In the old system we used, our clients on recurring payment would sometimes pay their monthly draft in person before the draft occurred. We called that "COLLECT AT CLUB". That would cancel out their upcoming payment and mark them as having paid that month's draft. This does not exist in Clover but what could make this doable would be to allow the START DATE (or NEXT PAYMENT DATE) to be edited like the End Date is. Currently, the START DATE is set and permanent. In order to change the NEXT PAYMENT, a client must be deleted and re-set in the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, 

Thanks for reaching out. In order to assess the business opportunity here, can you please provide more details on your exact business use case? 

Thanks, 

Clover Product

13. Linke Clover payment to Quick Books. we have a recuring mothly payments and we want it to be linked to invoices on Quickbook

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. MERCHANT ASKING BECAUSE THEY STATE CARD IS SAVED ON FILE AND CUSTOMER AGREES, AND MERCHANT DOES WORK HOWEVER IN SOME CASES CUSTOMERS REMOVED THE CARD AND THEY ARE NO LONGER ABLE TO CHARGE THEM, THIS IS HAPPENING W/O THEM KNOWING

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Have the ability the edit billing information and customer information once already added.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. We are a non-profit that have donors wanting to give monthly. Clover does not have the option for them to enter this themself. This option should be for the donor/customer to enter their own card and choose to give monthly at time of the their first transactions. They would have to enter their donation each month!
    We have lost several donors because this was not an option. PLEASE MAKE THIS AVAILABLE FOR DONORS TO ENTER AND CHOOSE THIS OPTION WITH THIER AMOUNT.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I think we should be able to change the date customers get charged. I run a wine club and sometimes my dates change for when I need to charge a customer. The only solution the customer service gave me was to end each individual persons subscription and then add them with the new date. Also if that is going to be the solution we should be able to have a way to do a mass add or delete to them.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. We recently switched from Payjunction to Clover. I have to say that other than your customer service Payjunction has much more to offer clients. A couple things that I would like to suggest to help customers who store clients credit cards in the virtual terminal are:
    1) Allow clients to store multiple credit cards on file.
    2) When we are searching client credit cards... show a list of recent transactions. I am happy to assist if you have any further questions.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, 

Thanks for your feedback. 

Regarding #1, we'll share this with our Consumers team.

Regarding #2, do you want to search for cards on file, first6/last4 of the card, and do you want to search for that on device, or the web dashboard?

Thanks, 

Clover Product

19. Recurring payment invoices showing a "Failed" status should allow for in the view invoice the resulting bank code as to why it failed i.e. credit card expired, insufficient funds, closed account, etc. This gives me more insight into my customer so I can make decision on how I plan to rectify the account.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I need instead of a delete button a pause button where I can pause a payment in a recurring plan but then able to hit resume when I want. This is crucial!!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?