Skip to content

Management Functions

Welcome to the feedback forum for Clover Management Functions. Please share your ideas for how we can update our Clover management software to help merchants run their business simply and easily. Specifically, this forum should only include ideas surrounding built in management functions (feedback on business management apps should be included in the Apps/App Marketplace forum). We are listening and we use this feedback to prioritize our roadmap.

Here are quick descriptions of each category so that you can easily locate and post ideas in the correct place!

1. Clover Dashboard Functionality: Share your thoughts on how the Clover Dashboard as a whole can function more effectively. 

2. Restaurant Menus and Clover Dining: Share your thoughts on all functions that specifically have to do with Clover Dining such as Clover’s built-in menu creation feature.

3. E-Commerce Management/Clover Online Ordering: Please include all your feedback and suggestions for enhancing Clovers e-commerce management software including Clover Online Ordering.

4. Inventory/Order Management: Please include all your feedback and suggestions for enhancing Clovers inventory management software.

5. Receipt Management: Provide ideas related to order receipts here including kitchen receipts, customer receipts and merchant copies. Tell us how Clover can enhance the processing of, information on, and appearance of various types of receipts.

6. Employee Management: Please include all your feedback and suggestions for enhancing Clovers employee management software. This includes permissions, viewing and editing employee roles, employee satisfaction, scheduling, owner access and more. If you have tipping suggestions, please include these ideas in the Tipping category of the Taking Payments forum.

7. Software Plans: Here you can provide feedback on Clover’s software plans. Please specify which plan your idea is featuring (Table Service Restaurants, Counter Service Restaurants, Register, Essentials, Payments).

8. Other Management Suggestions: Place your idea here if you have feedback that does not fit in any of the other forum categories.

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1019 results found

1. I manage a Retail Inventory were almost every item (over 48,000) has a Product code and/or a SKU. Please add these 2 fields to the Item Basics portion of the Add/Update screen so that we do not continually have to open sub-menus to access. You can add these after the Taxes & Fees field so that users who don't need these fields can easily ignore them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Please eliminate on receipts this new addition "Retain this copy for statement validation" This adds ~1/2" of extra paper to receipt which adds to merchant costs with no stated reason for existence. I have dozens of Clover accounts who are complaining about this unnecessary addition. No one at Clover Tech Support has been able to offer any reason for its' existence since Oct 31st.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. for labels, every item has the ability to be printed to a BAR printer. We need the ability to have something print dependent on what device it was entered on. For example, a drink entered by a waitress needs to print at the bar, however, that same drink entered by a bartender (that will make the drink) does not need it to be sent to the BAR printer. This would avoid confusion, and things being made twice unnecessarily

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Make so you can set individual permissions on the Inventory App so I can set view only for my employees.
    I have seen them over right scan codes while doing price checks.
    I realize that they could just use the register app but then we get a too many open orders.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When in inventory trying to look up and item, we need to be able to not only type item name but have a subfield search for "category" like in the past to narrow down the search to a more specific Category as some items come in a coaster a magnet or let's say a notecard That is very important for me as I am trying to re-order magnets only and I see all the items from this vendor mixed up as it shows too many

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The update that was done recently has made adding inventory to our system incredibly difficult. We are no longer able to add labels through our desktop and have to go to a different device in the store to add them into each item. We also cannot search for labels anymore and are only able to choose from about 50 predetermined printer labels and if the one we need isn't there, we have to go to a different device in our store and again add it manually. This update is horrible and our faith in Clover's abilities to fulfill our businesses…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I would like a downloadable QR code that is specific to each table. But having a pdf QR code for a specific table, I will be able to design and laminate QR codes that I can permanently put on each table they way Toast does.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Flexibility for the merchants to control their delivery distance. This will allow delivery for short range or long range with variable pricing as a service fee.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Currently the inventory doesn't decrease in restaurants for open checks. If someone orders an item that has to be decreased since there are limited items such as specials, etc.. or limited seasonal items, then for restaurants, the on hand count should decrease as the item is ordered. In current state, the inventory doesn't decrease until the check has been closed out and this gives false on hand counts which can cause servers to order items that have been depleted already. For restaurants, please decrease on hand counts when items have been fired to the printer instead of when the check…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. clover and or g2 app needs to email to businesses per transaction and deposit activity for our quick reference

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Retail Inventory - Show in register,

Please allow inventory items that have a barcode to be scanned into the register app even if the "show in register" box is unchecked.

It would be nice to able to have inventory items that have barcodes in the background and not show on the the register app. I have hundreds of items in my inventory that have barcodes that I do not want to show in the register app categories because it looks to cluttered, however I still need them to ring up in the register app when scanning the barcode.

Most other…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. If a customer orders multiples of an items that need to fire to a specific printer, I need to manually select the printer for all items. For example, if a customer orders 13 California rolls, I will need to select Sushi Bar on my printer label 13 times for every California roll that needs to be made.

Can we please condense this so you can pick the quantity needed to be fired to a specific printer. Obviously this will need to be limited by the quantity ordered.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Would like the feature for tables that are occupied for a long time in Dining turning red to be removed or an option to be added to disable this feature.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The removed items report includes items deleted in cart during online order. It messes up the report by a lot.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Ability to enter info for a Togo order better. For example a pop-up when a Togo order type is initiated that will make it easier to enter name and number for order instead of just adding to note.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Currently to print out split checks where 1 guest pays for another guest you have to move items to the paying guest and the print the bill. This adds unnecessary steps, falsely inflates guest check averages, and causes confusion for management, staff, and guests when evaluating bills. The cash out function allows you to pay for multiple guests on 1 payment, this functionality should be passed on to present the bills to the clients to pay. Split check bill presentment is the norm in restaurants and should be a very basic feature that comes as a default ability. Servers typically…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Request for longer text character fields for receipt headers & footers to add additional text provides more detailed for merchant messaging.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Register to show items on receipt in alphabetical order. Why? On a 50 + item order receipt, single items could be easily referenced for return requests or cashier cancel item requests.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Clover needs better functionality for corporations with multiple Clover locations such as:
    - detail sales reporting for all locations
    - user roles across all locations
    - ability to set up a location without being onsite with no variation of what is on the website and what is on the device (currently there are apps that show up on the device but not on the installed app on the website, same with set up features like display time out, etc).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Currently can only exchange item for another item of same value. Prefer exchange item for another item regardless of value, then be able to print receipt showing either the net amount refunded or the additional amount purchased.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?