Skip to content

Reporting Functions

Welcome to the feedback forum for Clover Reporting Functions. Please share your ideas for how we can update our Clover reporting software to help merchants run their business more effectively. Specifically, this forum should only include ideas surrounding built in reporting functions. We are listening and we use this feedback to prioritize our roadmap.

Here are quick descriptions of each category so that you can easily locate and post ideas in the correct place!

1. Reporting Functionality: Ideas here should explicitly focus on the practicality and usefulness of Clover’s reporting feature. Is it easy to customize filters? Is the frequency at which reports generated sufficient?

2. Reporting Tips, Taxes, and Service Charges: This category should distinctively include all feedback regarding Clover reports producing intelligence on tips, taxes, and service charges.

3. Employee Reporting: This category should distinctively include all feedback regarding Clover reports producing intelligence on employees.

4. Inventory/Order/Customer/Sales Reporting: This category should distinctively include all feedback regarding Clover reports producing intelligence on inventory, orders and customers. This also includes reporting on sales/revenue.

5. E-Commerce Reporting: This category should distinctively include all feedback regarding Clover reports producing intelligence on online electronic transactions.

6. Other Reporting Suggestions: Place your idea here if you have feedback that does not fit in any of the other forum categories.

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

115 results found

1. WE HAVE OVER 30 LOCATIONS WITH YOU!!!! Modifier group items that have a $ value should also have an option to enter the $ value cost. This is essential as this makes it difficult to calculate full inventory costs for the business.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. We just started using Clover and we noticed that the Gross and Net totals aren't actually complete totals. You have to check your cash/CC/other totals and add those numbers. We've spoken with other vendors and they have told us they have to do similar workarounds to get proper totals for the day's sales. This should be fixed ASAP. If we can't trust the Gross and Net totals displayed at the top of the Sales Report on the web dashboard, why are they there?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Reporting uses the most recent item cost, not the cost that was recorded at the time of sale. Item costs that have changed over time are reported incorrectly and as a result all reporting values derived from COGS are incorrect when reporting over any period where inventory costs changed. Example:
    (November 1st I set my crab cost at 3.99 and sell price at 5.99. I sell 1000 lbs at a gross profit of $2000. On November 15th my cost increases to 9.99 lb and I change my cost to 9.99 and sell price to 11.99 lb I sell 500 lbs…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Include batch $ total on the Orders menu. Going to Closeout to obtain this information is an additional step that is time consuming. For me, it takes several minutes to load the Closeout menu.

Previous software version included daily batch $ with the specific order amounts ... please bring that back!!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. In the INVENTORY APP, we are able to track the number of available items in stock for any specific item (we can scan them into inventory using the barcode). I

If you were to add a COST OF GOODS column to that item, we would then be able to know the assets of those items which we are holding in inventory.

Being able to total up all our inventory and know the assets sitting in our stockroom is vital to any business!

Also, having a COST OF GOODS price column, compared to the RETAIL price column, would allow the system…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I would like to know all of my products that are not categorized. Please allow me to select "uncategorized" under "category" in Inventory.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. In the online interface, you should be able to sort what kind of order you want to see, for example. I only want to see open orders, I should be able to see only those. There would be no "time - range" requirement, because I just want to view the open orders without having to scroll through all orders to find them.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I would like a report that shows how much money was taken in and how many items were sold by hour. Should I open at 11 or 12? How much did I sell that hour in the past. Should I close at 6pm on Sundays or stay open till 9? Do I need to bring in another employee for a certain time period?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The latest Inventory update took away the "item cost" category and the "alternate name" category (which we use to track where we buy items from).

Tracking what we pay for items and where they come from are crucial.

This can still be done on the actual POS but not on Clover online. Most, if not all, retail businesses do not stand at their POS to add new inventory they do it on their computer. This update makes this impossible.

It seems every time there is an "update" it is worse for users. :( Is this a problem for other retailers?…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I've had multiple full service restaurants ask for some reporting related to daily guest count. Not order count or transaction count... but something that relates back to # of guest served... this data coming from the number of served guests at each table in the Clover Dining app. This would be very beneficial for measuring server efficiency since 10 tables with 8 guests would be far more work than 10 tables of 4 guests

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Currently we can add a note on a transaction/tab but the only person who can see it is the pos user. I'd like to be able to add customers names to tickets that are sent to the kitchen so that when not attached to a table the runner doesn't need to constantly ask foh where to deliver food

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I need the Cost $ field.
    Retail price only is not good practice for my business.
    I have to have the field shows my cost$ and Supplier

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. ADD ORDER NUMBERS TO ORDER WITH GOOGLE, FOLLOWING SUBSEQUENTLY OF ALL ORDER TYPES

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Dashboard reporting for Orders should include the Source/Type field as displayed on the Clover device. This will allow absentee owners to easily see the source of orders and determine which of the online ordering services is working best for them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Clover should have a report where you can see who adjusted the inventory and which day did that user did the adjustment.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Currently you can filter by Payment Source in Transactions. It would be a welcome addition to include this function in Reporting. For instance, the By Device filter could be expanded to include all payment sources

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Inventory reports when exported should have a column including the Category on the Items sheet. That way you can sort by category when looking through your inventory. The example and issue I can give was trying to make a sheet that reported inventory so we can check said inventory. Because the items can't be organized by category and have the quantity column on the same page, you have to manually sort through each item one by one. Having to go through every item one by one and then making a new sheet with the information you need is inefficient.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. INVENTORY More options to view item features using Items - included in tab with Item Name The necessary fields are COGS (even the ability to calculate average COGS when a retailer is adding new inventory at new prices),Revenue Class, not just Printer Label fields.

Why not allow an image to be posted in suggestions for better explanation?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The new update that has been implemented where a customer's order ticket on the register automatically closes does not work for my business. We want the ticket to stay open until we hit the 'done' button as it was before. Please add the ability for us to choose to turn this feature OFF.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Need to know how to get a report of my inventory that includes the categories of the items which could be sorted by category to give total value of inventory by category.

Currently there is an option to export inventory and it contains lots of useful information, but the column for 'Category' is non-existent in the export.

Business owners / Managers need the ability to track inventory value by category (For example, Beer/Wine, Liquor, General Merchandise, Tobacco, etc.) for tax purposes and other reasons.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?