Skip to content

Taking Payments

There are a lot of ways to take a payment. Provide your ideas to help advance Clover’s payments acceptance process here. We are listening and we use this feedback to prioritize our roadmap.

Here are quick descriptions of each category so that you can easily locate and post ideas in the correct place!

1. Virtual Terminal: Provide all feedback on the Virtual Terminal in this category. How can we make this solution more useful for merchants?

2. Refunds/Exchanges: If you have any feedback on Clover’s refund or exchange functions please let us know here.

3. Recurring Payments: Share your thoughts on accepting recurring payments here. Tell us how we can improve.

4. Invoicing: Is there any functionality that can be added to our systems to enhance the invoicing feature? Put your ideas in this forum category.

5. Voids: How can we make voiding a transaction easier and simpler? Tell us your suggestions to improve this payment feature.

6. Invoicing: Share your thoughts on invoicing here. Tell us how we can improve.

7. Discounts: Ideas in the forum category should talk about the built-in Clover discounts feature which can be found in your dashboard. How can we make giving discounts easier and more effective?

8. Taxes: What functionality can be added or improved to make charging and managing taxes easier.

9. Tipping: How can we enhance Clover’s tipping options to benefit merchants, employees, and customers? Place all ideas related to tipping here.

Taking Payments

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

47 results found

1. via SMS and Email option on the dashboard when doing recurring payments.

50 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. We too just migrated to Clover and I really want Payeezy back. In the transactions page there's no way to search by customer name!! That is crazy. We don't save "I.D. numbers" or other data. Clover seems to think names are unimportant. They ARE! I too don't know who sees this. This is site is not user friendly at all.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Payeezy  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow the option to update a Customer's saved card info, without having to actually make a charge to the card.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. This would be so beneficial to those that run their businesses virtual only and do not take actual credit card numbers, adding protection and security for both parties. I am a former Stripe user and they make this super easy for merchants to set up and utilize. It also would be great if we could have payment links for recurring payments where the customer can fill out their cc information and have it saved in the system under their profile.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It would be nice to be able to supress the business address on the invoice, as our business is in our home and I would like to not share my home address with all my customers. Is there a way to supress the address on the invoices?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Invoicing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow invoice (should be "payment request" to be sent via text also

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Invoicing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. You should be able to revise customer payment information. We have a lot of customers that are on a monthly subscription with us. There are times when they have to get a new card and we need to be able to update that customer's information with the new card. OR a minor change like that CC expired and we need to be able to update the credit card exp date. Simple things like that would sure be useful rather than having to delete the entire customer and set them back up again.

Also, seems silly that once we enter the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I love the QR ecommerce feature under payment links. The problem I have, is that I can't connect the QR code to a certain item in inventory. So when I run a report, the QR code item sold shows as "uncategorized". Could you please add a way to connect an inventory item to the QR code payment link function?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When I receive payment for an invoice that I sent through the virtual terminal in a form other than through Clover (cash, check, etc.) I would like the option to cancel the invoice without sending an automatic email to the customer. What happens currently is I will send an invoice via the virtual terminal, then I receive a check in the mail (for example) for the invoice, I cancel the request for payment I sent through the virtual terminal, and then the client receives an email saying their invoice was canceled. This frequently leads them to email me asking if…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Currently can only resend an invoice once. This is not enough for alot of people who aren't organized. Need the ability to resend more than one time.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Invoicing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Verification of duplicate transaction.

Please do away with this verification. It only confuses everyone and grinds service to a halt. What if the employee accidently presses the wrong button after the customer has left? It HAS happened. Why would there ever be a duplicate transaction? My Clover Flex doesn't make transactions and charge customer's cards on its own, does it?

Sometimes I have a customer that needs to pay on separate transactions but with the same card. How can two transactions for two different totals be a duplicate? First purchase is for $24 and the other is for $8 yet…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

An enhancement to this Duplicate Payment Challenge will be available in a future release. In the future, the duplicate notification will only be presented if the same amount and card are used within a few seconds. 

Thanks, 
    Clover Product

12. For payment method, for invoices we have clients who pay with checks. There needs to be a method for paying with checks just not as opposed to electronically.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The Invoicing tool in Virtual Terminal should have a drop down menu that is connected directly to the Clover Inventory in the register.

1. This will allow the open to invoice to still be seen on register screen with the Orders app.
    2. Once paid this will automatically update the Clover inventory and Sales reports

Right now, the way its set up there is really no real advantage for me to use it over any other invoicing apps out there.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I need the ability to change the Due Date on an invoice. It looks like an automatic due date of 7 days from the invoice date is applied to each invoice. Please remove the Due Date or allow us to change it.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Invoicing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Give us the ability to change the due date on invoices instead of clover dictating the due date.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Invoicing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Most customers prefer to get communications and invoices sent via SMS. We would like Clover Dashboard - Virtual Terminal to send invoices to patients via SMS. Patients should be able to view the SMS, click on the payment link on the message and make the payment. This should trigger an email to the business notifying that payment has been made.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Merchant is requesting increase the dollar amount for maximum transaction amount. It is currently set at $99,999.99, but the merchant has transactions over $100k that he cannot split into two payments due to contracts with customers.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Cash transactions don’t round up to the nearest cent. Ex. $19.97, when paid in cash should appear as $20.00.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I recently changed over from the Square POS to Clover and I find the invoicing system lacking. I need to be able to do the following tasks:
    edit or update an invoice after it has been issued and need to be resent
    Need deposit payment capability on invoices such that I can assign payment milestones by % or by amount and dates that they are due. Then reminders need to be sent to the customer to pay it
    Need to be able to forward invoices to another email address
    Need to be able to record a payment for an invoice…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. MERCHANT ASKING BECAUSE THEY STATE CARD IS SAVED ON FILE AND CUSTOMER AGREES, AND MERCHANT DOES WORK HOWEVER IN SOME CASES CUSTOMERS REMOVED THE CARD AND THEY ARE NO LONGER ABLE TO CHARGE THEM, THIS IS HAPPENING W/O THEM KNOWING

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?