Skip to content

Taking Payments

There are a lot of ways to take a payment. Provide your ideas to help advance Clover’s payments acceptance process here. We are listening and we use this feedback to prioritize our roadmap.

Here are quick descriptions of each category so that you can easily locate and post ideas in the correct place!

1. Virtual Terminal: Provide all feedback on the Virtual Terminal in this category. How can we make this solution more useful for merchants?

2. Refunds/Exchanges: If you have any feedback on Clover’s refund or exchange functions please let us know here.

3. Recurring Payments: Share your thoughts on accepting recurring payments here. Tell us how we can improve.

4. Invoicing: Is there any functionality that can be added to our systems to enhance the invoicing feature? Put your ideas in this forum category.

5. Voids: How can we make voiding a transaction easier and simpler? Tell us your suggestions to improve this payment feature.

6. Invoicing: Share your thoughts on invoicing here. Tell us how we can improve.

7. Discounts: Ideas in the forum category should talk about the built-in Clover discounts feature which can be found in your dashboard. How can we make giving discounts easier and more effective?

8. Taxes: What functionality can be added or improved to make charging and managing taxes easier.

9. Tipping: How can we enhance Clover’s tipping options to benefit merchants, employees, and customers? Place all ideas related to tipping here.

Taking Payments

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

5 results found

1. We have many recurring payments, in different dates. Instead of having to login every day to check, it would be nice to have a sales receipt sent via email to the the CLOVER account owner, and not only to the customer.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. My client is a Clover customer and is trying to start a subscription service on his website. I have already setup a Woocommerce shop on his Wordpress site and I would like to integrate Clover for payments with the third party app, WooCommerce Clover Payment Gateway by Zaytech. At the moment, Clover does not have an API for the recurring payments feature to be able to work with Woocommerce subscription service or for 3rd party applications. Is this something that will be available in the near future?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I need the ability to edit the amount of the recurring payment for each customer.
    we're a tutoring center, and we charge each customer a monthly fee based on the number of sessions rendered. So although the amount is the same for most customers most of the year months, it happens that I have to charge a customer a different amount this month, then the customer will be back to the regular amount next month. There's no solution for this now, so I have to delete the recurring payment, charge the customer manually, and then recreate the recurring payment for…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When we select an existing Customer to add to a Recurring plan, none of the information pre-populates unless the cardholder already has a card on file. At a minimum, when we find the customer in the search bar & click their name, we'd expect the Cardholder Name, Zip Code, or other completed data fields to populate as they already exist in the Customer database

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I'm not a restaurant.
    I have customers want to split their payment to 2 months (50% at the sale date, and the remaining 50% a month from now). You know they want to make sure I can deliver what I promise.

Your system does NOT allow End date or # of times option (very easy script ) with Recurring Payments.

So essentially an office person has to check every day to make sure we deactivate RP after 2nd payment.

Clover is the first company I used that doesn't have end date or number of payments (Even my ****** bank has…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?