Skip to content

Taking Payments

There are a lot of ways to take a payment. Provide your ideas to help advance Clover’s payments acceptance process here. We are listening and we use this feedback to prioritize our roadmap.

Here are quick descriptions of each category so that you can easily locate and post ideas in the correct place!

1. Virtual Terminal: Provide all feedback on the Virtual Terminal in this category. How can we make this solution more useful for merchants?

2. Refunds/Exchanges: If you have any feedback on Clover’s refund or exchange functions please let us know here.

3. Recurring Payments: Share your thoughts on accepting recurring payments here. Tell us how we can improve.

4. Invoicing: Is there any functionality that can be added to our systems to enhance the invoicing feature? Put your ideas in this forum category.

5. Voids: How can we make voiding a transaction easier and simpler? Tell us your suggestions to improve this payment feature.

6. Invoicing: Share your thoughts on invoicing here. Tell us how we can improve.

7. Discounts: Ideas in the forum category should talk about the built-in Clover discounts feature which can be found in your dashboard. How can we make giving discounts easier and more effective?

8. Taxes: What functionality can be added or improved to make charging and managing taxes easier.

9. Tipping: How can we enhance Clover’s tipping options to benefit merchants, employees, and customers? Place all ideas related to tipping here.

Taking Payments

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

7 results found

1. When in the back office on the computer I want to be able to see the same screens as the clover devices on-site have. Then I can use the correct sales categories for revenue and charging.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, 

Thanks for your feedback. Are you referring to the on-device settings within the Inventory app, and not being able to see/use that within the Virtual Terminal? 

Thanks, 

Clover Product

2. I work remotely while my husband is immunocompromised. We bill customers for open orders and currently the orders can only be marked paid from the terminal itself. There should be a way for admin staff to enter those payments through the dashboard, especially with so many people working remotely right now.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, 

How are you billing, and collecting payment prior to marking the order as paid? We'd like this information as further details for our review. 

Thanks, 

Clover Product

3. Virtual Terminal does not have a search bar on the "Send Invoice" section, as it does under "Take Payment". Merchant would like this added to save time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, 

Can you please clarify which page within the Virtual terminal you're referring to, and the specific search bar? What do merchants search for in that case?

Thanks, 

Clover Product

4. I need a report available on the terminals (that employees have access to) that breaks down sales by revenue class. I have a bar/restaurant and tip out is done based off of sales (liquor/food).

94 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, 

If comparing to the Employees Report within the Web Dashboard, which shows Employee Sales Summary and Employee Summary by Revenue Class, would this information suffice, or are there additional details/classes that would be helpful for this on-device report?

Also, does the Reporting App on the device help with this request, or is that also missing pertinent information that your staff would like to see?

Thanks, 

Clover Product

5. Virtual Terminal is confusing customer names when two different customers have the same email address. Even though I make sure the correct customer name is selected in the VT and it's populated in all fields, the transaction goes under the wrong customer. Please fix this glitch because then I have the incorrect name on the receipt. Even more odd is the fact that when I print the receipt out from the device it populates the correct name. Why is this happening on the VT and showing up correct on the Device?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please change the virtual terminal customer search box back to the way it was so I can see multiple different customers at one. This new update or change that happened a few weeks ago allows me to see the first one and then when I scroll I am only able to see in between two. I have already contacted your support team who told me they can help me. PLEASE CHANGE THIS BACK ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND THE CORRECT PERSON.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, 

In order to better understand the issue here, are you able to provide a screenshot of what you're seeing in the Virtual Terminal customer search?

Best, 

Clover Product

7. Merchant would like some sort of note to add to virtual terminal payments outside of order note for HIPAA plans

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?