Skip to content

Taking Payments

There are a lot of ways to take a payment. Provide your ideas to help advance Clover’s payments acceptance process here. We are listening and we use this feedback to prioritize our roadmap.

Here are quick descriptions of each category so that you can easily locate and post ideas in the correct place!

1. Virtual Terminal: Provide all feedback on the Virtual Terminal in this category. How can we make this solution more useful for merchants?

2. Refunds/Exchanges: If you have any feedback on Clover’s refund or exchange functions please let us know here.

3. Recurring Payments: Share your thoughts on accepting recurring payments here. Tell us how we can improve.

4. Invoicing: Is there any functionality that can be added to our systems to enhance the invoicing feature? Put your ideas in this forum category.

5. Voids: How can we make voiding a transaction easier and simpler? Tell us your suggestions to improve this payment feature.

6. Invoicing: Share your thoughts on invoicing here. Tell us how we can improve.

7. Discounts: Ideas in the forum category should talk about the built-in Clover discounts feature which can be found in your dashboard. How can we make giving discounts easier and more effective?

8. Taxes: What functionality can be added or improved to make charging and managing taxes easier.

9. Tipping: How can we enhance Clover’s tipping options to benefit merchants, employees, and customers? Place all ideas related to tipping here.

Taking Payments

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

31 results found

1. I need a report available on the terminals (that employees have access to) that breaks down sales by revenue class. I have a bar/restaurant and tip out is done based off of sales (liquor/food).

94 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, 

If comparing to the Employees Report within the Web Dashboard, which shows Employee Sales Summary and Employee Summary by Revenue Class, would this information suffice, or are there additional details/classes that would be helpful for this on-device report?

Also, does the Reporting App on the device help with this request, or is that also missing pertinent information that your staff would like to see?

Thanks, 

Clover Product

2. If one employee closes out an order for another employee, the tip transfers over to the new employee. That shouldn't happen unless the order is physically transferred from one to the other.

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Outreach Request  ·  3 comments  ·  Tipping  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. when I placed an order, I only see add discount button only. I would like to have a button for add charge button so that I can charge extra right there on the system.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, 

Can you please elaborate on your request? What Clover app are you using, and at which point are you in the user flow? 

In advance, you may want to review our solutions for Item Modifiers, and/or Service Charge to see if either already support what you're looking to do.  

Thanks, 

Clover Product

4. Merchant would like to see the tip line and suggestions at the bill so he is able to have it on all receipts, for all form of payments accepted at the business.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tipping  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I need the ability to edit a customers email and phone number without deleting and recreating their entire record which charges them again.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, 

Can you confirm if you're on the Clover Payments Plus plan? The ability to edit a customer's profile is available today within our Essentials plan.

Thanks, 

Clover Product

6. We would very much like to have the mandatory invoice number feature, from the payments settings, work with the hosted checkout payment links.

This is a must-have feature for matching a payment someone is making without having to search for their name, etc. I see others have asked for something similar to this almost a year ago.

We can't make this work for our business without this feature.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. In the old system we used, our clients on recurring payment would sometimes pay their monthly draft in person before the draft occurred. We called that "COLLECT AT CLUB". That would cancel out their upcoming payment and mark them as having paid that month's draft. This does not exist in Clover but what could make this doable would be to allow the START DATE (or NEXT PAYMENT DATE) to be edited like the End Date is. Currently, the START DATE is set and permanent. In order to change the NEXT PAYMENT, a client must be deleted and re-set in the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, 

Thanks for reaching out. In order to assess the business opportunity here, can you please provide more details on your exact business use case? 

Thanks, 

Clover Product

8. I contacted Clover Support, who told me Clover updated on 11/1/23 and removed all Custom Tender options set up by our company while selling gift cards. Example: when on the payment screen while loading a gift card, there used to be our custom tenders under the "Other" section, but all of our custom names have been replaced by "Check" and "Mail/Phone Order". The custom names are still on our account under Account & Setup > Tenders>Custom Tenders, they just do not actually show up on any devices in our company after the update.

The support rep said there is no…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Looking for a line item summary at the end of the transaction when using the payment link.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Now, we have a standard percentage. But, we require multiple options to mimic the tips format

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, 

Thanks for your feedback. Are you looking to have additional service charges assessed to all of your payments? How exactly does this relate our tipping options that are printed on the receipt?

Thanks, 

Clover Product

11. We recently switched from Payjunction to Clover. I have to say that other than your customer service Payjunction has much more to offer clients. A couple things that I would like to suggest to help customers who store clients credit cards in the virtual terminal are:
    1) Allow clients to store multiple credit cards on file.
    2) When we are searching client credit cards... show a list of recent transactions. I am happy to assist if you have any further questions.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, 

Thanks for your feedback. 

Regarding #1, we'll share this with our Consumers team.

Regarding #2, do you want to search for cards on file, first6/last4 of the card, and do you want to search for that on device, or the web dashboard?

Thanks, 

Clover Product

12. Virtual Terminal is confusing customer names when two different customers have the same email address. Even though I make sure the correct customer name is selected in the VT and it's populated in all fields, the transaction goes under the wrong customer. Please fix this glitch because then I have the incorrect name on the receipt. Even more odd is the fact that when I print the receipt out from the device it populates the correct name. Why is this happening on the VT and showing up correct on the Device?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Merchant would like to be able to change the date on a transaction

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. In the Tips program, it would be very helpful to also show the Cardholders Name or Last Name. Rather than having to look for the last 4 digits on the receipt and on the screen.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tipping  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, 

Thanks for your feedback. Would you mind elaborating on the problem you're running into by not having the Cardholder Name in this Tips report? Also, to confirm, are you referring to the Tips app on the Clover device, or on the Clover Web Dashboard?

Thanks, 

Clover Product

15. The merchant has clients that bill at different time periods and which requires the creation of multiple payment plans, the client suggested a single QR functionality that would notify the merchant of upcoming payments

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, 

In an effort to better understand your merchant's request/pain-point, can you please clarify how they intend to utilize the QR code for this? Would it be allowing the user to hit a hosted checkout page with a variable amount? If so, that's available today.

Thanks, 

Clover Product

16. When in the back office on the computer I want to be able to see the same screens as the clover devices on-site have. Then I can use the correct sales categories for revenue and charging.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, 

Thanks for your feedback. Are you referring to the on-device settings within the Inventory app, and not being able to see/use that within the Virtual Terminal? 

Thanks, 

Clover Product

17. Give customers the option to tip if they pay with a clover gift card.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow the user to opt in and out of certain notifications to their email, SMS, or Clover G2 App!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Voids  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, 

Thanks for your feedback. Can you please provide further details on what you would be looking for? We see value in notifications of refunds processed by other employees. Any additional context or requirements you may have would be great. 

Thanks, 

Clover Product 

19. Clover needs a alert option for voids and refund so the owner or manager can know live when these transactions happen

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, 

Thanks for your feedback. This does seem like a good idea. 

Are there specific modes of transactions that you would like to be notified about (e.g. On device, Ecommerce, Hosted Checkout, all)? 

Also, any preference for how notifications are delivered (e.g. SMS, Email, push, all)?

Would it be helpful to set up thresholds (over a specific amount) that trigger these alerts? 

Thanks, 

Clover Product

20. I work remotely while my husband is immunocompromised. We bill customers for open orders and currently the orders can only be marked paid from the terminal itself. There should be a way for admin staff to enter those payments through the dashboard, especially with so many people working remotely right now.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, 

How are you billing, and collecting payment prior to marking the order as paid? We'd like this information as further details for our review. 

Thanks, 

Clover Product

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?