Skip to content

Devices/Hardware

Welcome to the feedback forum for Clover Devices and Hardware. Please share your ideas for how we can update our hardware to improve merchant and customer experiences at the point of sale. We are listening and we use this feedback to prioritize our roadmap.

Here are quick descriptions of each category so that you can easily locate and post ideas in the correct place!

1. Device Setup: Were you able to easily put together and configure your device? Please express your thoughts on the device setup process here. 

2. Individual Device Categories: Share your ideas that have to do with all things hardware including the design, functionality, durability, compatibility, and more.  

3. Accessories/Peripherals: In this category, you can post all your thoughts on Clover accessories and peripherals such as the pin-pad, cash drawer, scales, scanners, and printers.

4. Other Device/Hardware Suggestions: Place your idea here if you have feedback that does not fit in any of the other forum categories.

Devices/Hardware

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

9 results found

1. On the SP700 printer, using the medium font setting for order receipts is unacceptable as it uses an excessive amount of paper.

The medium font will show a line of stars '*****' between each item (which no other font setting does) causing the margins between items to be excessively big which ultimately takes up more paper than even the large font.

Our restaurant ends up needing to use the largest font setting for visual clarity although the medium font size should be sufficient.

If spacing is fixed on the medium font, and items on an order receipt are aligned right…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Give an option to open cash drawer manually without giving a reason

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I have many employees who save tabs without payment and this causes many issues. I would like there to be an option for us to only be able to save orders if there's a card on file for payment.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Duplicate payment screen needs to be removed!!

We've had Clover machines for several years and during an update in the last couple of months, this DUPLICATE PAYMENT: AUTHENTIFICATION REQUIRED screen appeared. Customers and staff both get confused, it slows processing times and sometimes we lose money as someone hits the wrong part of the screen to wake up the terminal which hits the button to decline the transaction (hard to tell where it is when the screen is blank!) by which time, the customer is gone.

I called Clover to have this removed and they advised that it was not…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ask for expiration date before CVV code when entering manually. Avoid going back and forth with credit card. When you put in information manually, you normally have the card number and expiration date on the front side, once that is entered you turn the card and put in the CVV code. I very often take the info over the phone and the customer is frustrated because he gives the expiry date first but we ask for the CVV, then we ask him for the date which he already gave and must give again.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Can you make a report that shows expecting deposit for each employee. I can see the tip amount and the cash sells if I click on details, but I would like it to show on the Employees Reporting page all the employees and what their expected deposit is for a given date range. This is available on the Report app on the device

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Would be good to have Inventory Migration via Multi Dashboard.
    Sometimes exporting & importing the inventory file can take hours of work if there are duplicate items which cannot be imported. I have spend 10-15 hours on large inventory files exported from clover to try to get them to import into clover.
    Seems like you should be able to migrate the inventory file if the 2 accounts are connected. Or have a tierII backend process for this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Merchant setup Inventory with Pictures and Description and now Merchant open another location he want to move same inventory with product description and pictures to other open location but right we are Only able to export and import inventory category, and other details but not product pictures and Description .It is very time consuming to add pictures of product and description for another location very pain full clover need to fix this issue and allow merchant to import and export product pictures and Description .

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. With the coin shortage and the majority of people not wanting to carry change, I believe a round-up option should be a capability, and with the round-up, possibly integrate with a charity/relief fund. We have had a couple of merchant accounts ask about this kind of thing in the past, would love to see this added in the future!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?