Skip to content

Reporting Functions

Welcome to the feedback forum for Clover Reporting Functions. Please share your ideas for how we can update our Clover reporting software to help merchants run their business more effectively. Specifically, this forum should only include ideas surrounding built in reporting functions. We are listening and we use this feedback to prioritize our roadmap.

Here are quick descriptions of each category so that you can easily locate and post ideas in the correct place!

1. Reporting Functionality: Ideas here should explicitly focus on the practicality and usefulness of Clover’s reporting feature. Is it easy to customize filters? Is the frequency at which reports generated sufficient?

2. Reporting Tips, Taxes, and Service Charges: This category should distinctively include all feedback regarding Clover reports producing intelligence on tips, taxes, and service charges.

3. Employee Reporting: This category should distinctively include all feedback regarding Clover reports producing intelligence on employees.

4. Inventory/Order/Customer/Sales Reporting: This category should distinctively include all feedback regarding Clover reports producing intelligence on inventory, orders and customers. This also includes reporting on sales/revenue.

5. E-Commerce Reporting: This category should distinctively include all feedback regarding Clover reports producing intelligence on online electronic transactions.

6. Other Reporting Suggestions: Place your idea here if you have feedback that does not fit in any of the other forum categories.

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

113 results found

1. Reporting - Merchant requests that reporting be upgraded to include more information. Not every sale we process is taxable. We also sell to other vendors and those items are tax free. Currently i have two reports i can pull. Revenue Item Sales and Payments. When i pull the Revenue item sales it shows the items and amounts but doesn't say if the sale was taxable or not. When i pull the Payments i can see if a specific payment was taxable but it doesn't tell me what item was sold.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. To make amount collected and deposit amount reconcilable. Deposited amount may include fees, service charges, chargebacks and reversals. This causes confusion for the merchant and they think funds are missing since all totals are not in same place.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hi,

Just wanted to pass along some feedback I’ve received from 2 larger clients just in the last week. There seem to be some restrictions as far as server closeout when they are reviewing their transactions to confirm their tips match etc.

Both clients asked if there was a report like what you can see in the transactions app that is printable from the device so the server/front house manager can verify everything was entered correctly. Both said it’s not feasible to have them stand at the station and take up the device while they review 35+ card transactions.

Any…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The merchant wants the modifiers to be tracked on the reporting

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It would be nice if the service charge would be able to be in the expected deposit totals at the bottom of the POS printed sales report. As this is what we use to balance our register daily. If other companies don't distribute service charges daily, is it something that could be an option? BTW...thank you for taking service charges out of revenue!!!!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Daily sales report that at the end of the day is generated and automatically send an email on file with summary information, including Gross Sales, Net Sales, Tax, Credit Card and cash (amount collected) So far, the only option is closeout report but it does not have the whole picture of the company daily sales activity.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. My organization is currently using 2 Clover Flex and will be purchaing 24 more devices. I have created 27 categories for the menus at our 10 service locations. Currently the ITEMS sold by CATEGORY report lists all items sold in each category on every device in use. I have multiple devices selling from the same category. We would like to be able to print ITEMS sold by CATEGORY by THIS DEVICE, directly from the Clover Flex. This will save time and paper and not require me to grant employee access to the Clover Dashboard online.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Clover Dining, need ability at end of night on Employee Reporting for managers to see not just totals, but Cash Vs. Card Totals so Managers know how much $$ to collect from their servers. This is only available in steps on the Dashboard and there needs to be a quick way to accomplish this on the device.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Merchants need to be able to pull historical reports that reflect the COGS/liability report reflecting the cost/count AT THE TIME OF THE REPORT, not the current item cost/count.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Merchant wants to be able to print the items from a category without the full report. Just the category that she choose and she wants to be able to do it from the device

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I am terribly confused why I have a device labelled "No Device" on my reporting screen. I need this to be labelled "Online Orders" so we know how to divide our tips. I spent half hour on the phone with Olsi (sic?) and she kept telling me I cannot change it's name because it isn't a device at all. Please keep Online Orders in their own category on my HUB, or label them as "Online Orders"

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. merchant would love to have the detailed report option added back in, along with the current batch summary report that gets printed out at the end of the day

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. At this time when using this button, there is no way to attach a revenue class and its messing up the reporting.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. You currently offer a sales comparison with the same date of the previous year, but not the same day of the week. Our business is heavily variable based on the day of the week; comparing Saturday, June 5, 2021 to Friday, June 5, 2020 is not very useful. But comparing Saturday, June 5, 2021 to Saturday, Jun 6, 2020 would be very useful. Our previous point-of-sale system offered this functionality.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. New Mobile Update Version 3 WIPED out Simple Overview of Daily Totals by multiple days. Other apps allow downgrade/revision to prior versions. This is not a time to stop ability to compare Todays revenue to same day a week ago ,,,,

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Look for an update shortly to replace some of the functionality you’ve mentioned. Once you apply the update, please let us know what you think. We have great plans for the development of the Clover Dashboard app, and will release updates regularly. In the meantime, you can access all the previous functionality by logging in to your account at clover.com/dashboard/login.

16. The current Close Out menu under Finance currently shows us the daily transaction amount that goes to the Bank. When you click to see the details, it shows summary per card. That has not been helpful. We need this to show the customers whose transaction cleared to the Bank every day. So we will see total Closeout for the day and when we click on the total amount it gives us the customers that make up that total. Kindly help create this report.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Need allowable permissions to be created so a non-owner of the account can access and view the Merchant Processing Statement.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Tip adjusted transactions show in reporting as partially paid. This causes the printed employee report to exclude the service charges (gratuities) from those transactions.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Merchants would like the ability to have a report that breaks up sales based off of sections in the Clover Dining app. They hope is that restaurants can tell which dining areas are the busiest.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Reporting for comparison of every day sold items and every day change in inventory item list to reflect only items that were only manually changed in inventory.

This functionality will enhance daily audit ability for owners

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?