A way to mark Invoices as paid when paid by cash or check
Hello! I have been using clover for almost 5 years now. I send a lot of invoices and my customers usually pay by check. I understand that if they pay by card clover makes money off the transaction, but my wholesale accounts dont WANT to pay by card. In this case I have to create another order to mark as paid. When I have over 40 accounts that pay this way I have to make 80 orders instead of 40. It causes a mess in the system. You cant delete the invoices that are canceled either so they hang in the balance forever. Solving this issue would save me hours of labor and clean things up. I would give someone a high-five if they fix this. If not, I will likely leave Clover because I can't keep paying to have to do more work than what's needed. Thanks!
-
Jorge Zepeda commented
I would like to suggest an enhancement to the Clover Invoicing system.
Currently, when an invoice is paid outside of Clover (such as by cash or check), there is no option to mark the invoice as "Paid" using those payment methods. The only available option is to cancel the invoice, which is not an accurate representation of what occurred.
It would be extremely helpful to have options such as "Paid by Cash" and "Paid by Check" so invoices can be properly closed and recorded as fulfilled. As it stands, invoices that have been successfully paid outside the system remain open and eventually show as "Overdue," which can create confusion and inaccurate reporting.
Adding these payment status options would improve invoice tracking and provide a more accurate record of completed transactions.
-
Ryan Murray
commented
After sending Invoice in Professional Services for payment if customer pays by cash of paper check need ability to mark invoice as paid with other tender type. Currently have to delete it and duplicate a sale to track payment. Please add ASAP
-
Kerri
commented
Allow merchants to open an existing invoice and select “Take Payment In Person” using Clover hardware, automatically closing the invoice when paid.
This would greatly improve workflows for service, repair, wholesale, and B2B businesses and reduce accounting workarounds.
-
Morgan G. Southerland commented
When a merchant sends out an invoice and someone either walks in and pays by card in person or provides a check/cash, there is not a way to indicate the invoice was paid by another means. The only option in Clover is to Void the invoice, which messes up the record keeping for the business.
-
Heather
commented
Merchants need the ability to mark invoices as "paid" when customers choose to pay with cash/check. This takes the Clover POS to a new level and helps merchants truly manage their business fully within the Clover Virtual Terminal. It bridges the gap between simply payment processing to full business management.
-
Mark Balke
commented
The Clover Virtual terminal should allow invoices to be closed out as paid in cash or check. When one of my businesses sends an invoice, they do not know what payment type the customer will want to use. I should not have to maintain two invoicing systems, and your invoicing system does not allow me to manage it properly.