Universal Dining Features Missing from Clover
Let me say, I love your technology. We recently installed 3 Clover PoS stations in our full-service restaurant and you guys knocked it out of the park.
That being said...it is clear that those who wrote the technology have spent very little time being 'in a hurry' while working on the floor of a full service dining room. Your programs are missing a multitude of features that speed a front of house employee's job up that are common across all other platforms. (Aldelo, Micros, Aloha, Squirrel etc.)
- Reorder Item Buttons - There's no reason this feature should be missing. Some menu items can be laborious to ring up, let alone a second, third time etc.
- Separating Checks is inefficient/inconvenient
- 'Hold' Buttons to delay items being sent to the kitchen
- Top Level/Sub Level Items - I should be able to have a category for 'Bar' Click it and see all of my Liquor, select a liquor, then have my modifiers show up. I should be able to build out a 3/4 Tier Food/Bar Menu.
- If a Bartender rings up a drink, it prints a ticket to their label printer no matter what. A bartender doesn't need to see a ticket for a Miller Lite that they just opened and handed to a customer. If your bar staff totals more than one you could end up with drinks being made twice.
- Sizes of your printed labels and receipts are inconsistent and. frankly, odd. On label receipts there is way too much wasted space and paper. Hanging in a ticket window a table of ten is over a foot long. Text size isn't the issue here. Also, modifiers should be located underneath
- When cashing out a card, the receipt for the merchant and customer should both print. A server shouldn't have to manually print the customer copy.
I would be more than happy to give you guys my full list were you to ever reach out!