Skip to content

Reporting Functions

Welcome to the feedback forum for Clover Reporting Functions. Please share your ideas for how we can update our Clover reporting software to help merchants run their business more effectively. Specifically, this forum should only include ideas surrounding built in reporting functions. We are listening and we use this feedback to prioritize our roadmap.

Here are quick descriptions of each category so that you can easily locate and post ideas in the correct place!

1. Reporting Functionality: Ideas here should explicitly focus on the practicality and usefulness of Clover’s reporting feature. Is it easy to customize filters? Is the frequency at which reports generated sufficient?

2. Reporting Tips, Taxes, and Service Charges: This category should distinctively include all feedback regarding Clover reports producing intelligence on tips, taxes, and service charges.

3. Employee Reporting: This category should distinctively include all feedback regarding Clover reports producing intelligence on employees.

4. Inventory/Order/Customer/Sales Reporting: This category should distinctively include all feedback regarding Clover reports producing intelligence on inventory, orders and customers. This also includes reporting on sales/revenue.

5. E-Commerce Reporting: This category should distinctively include all feedback regarding Clover reports producing intelligence on online electronic transactions.

6. Other Reporting Suggestions: Place your idea here if you have feedback that does not fit in any of the other forum categories.

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

113 results found

1. For reporting purposes, associate custom items-- which are entered after a Category has been selected in the register--to the respective Category as a “custom item”.

Today, all custom items report under "Items Without a Category" even if a Category was selected prior to the entry of the custom item.

Ex:

Category:
    Skate Shop

Item:
    Custom Item

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Please enhance the reporting application to offer much more detail reporting, such as a breakdown of splitting service charges so they know exactly what to pay out their employees without having to calculate it themselves.
    Also many merchants really like all of the reporting capabilities other point of sales systems have that clover does not have.

Reporting is crucial for businesses and for dine in restaurants they are used to having certain reports that Clover does not have.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The new closeout report has a cash deposit section, which is very nice, but it doesn't include checks from the day that would also be handled with the cash deposit. It would be helpful if anything that physically has to be taken in the bank deposit was included in that section.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I was trying to do it and is not possible it just shows me how my business performed hourly in one day at a time if I want to see like the last 6 months, for example, to see what hours are more profitable to make decisions I cant do that.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Reporting..i suggest having clients pick the ability to set defaults for items or categories they are wanting to see everyday. Right now customers have to go in a un select the items they do not want to see on their reporting each day. its a 5 min process each day they run a report by unselecting items.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add batch numbers to the closed batch report

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Clover needs the ability to imitate negative tender transactions via the Register, including the purchase of merchandise from sellers, and payouts to vendors or lottery winners.

Numerous retailers buy merchandise from consumers and resell this merchandise in their stores. Convenience stores make payouts in lottery states.

Existing 3rd party solutions for negative tender and payouts are unsatisfactory. Retail merchants need effective functionality, ease of adding used items to inventory, and simple reporting on these activities.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. items are showing in one category report and not in all categories. if merchant uses the item for multiple categories merchant wants to show the items and all categories

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. We need to be able to view the notes put on transaction in a download!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I'd like to be able to export the daily batch report into an Excel file. It'd be a lot easier to keep track of daily-weekly transaction activities. Thank you!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. On the dashboard you show us net sales for the current day and a comparison to last week. Below that we see the hourly of todays sales. It would be SO helpful if you could also show the hourly sales of the previous day just right on top of the current day with a different color on the graph. It would be great to compare hourly sales from the same day last week.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. merchant would like to be able to print off more detailed reports from the terminal Reporting app instead of just summary printout

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Merchant want to have the ability to choose what section of the report to print or have the ability to fully customize the report before the print from the device. I.E the sales overview report: merchant change choose(check box) of what to print from that report like they would like to only see the Net Sales, Taxes, Tips, Gross Sales, Refunds or something like what shows on the transaction app in the Clover Web dashboard:

Successful Payments Summary
    Number of Payments:
    Payments Total: $
    Tip Total: $
    Taxes and Fees Total: $
    Service Charge: $

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please create a printable detailed batch report that shows the batch total and a list of all transactions (sales and refunds). Maybe you can add that to the "Closeout" screen so I can click on the batch "details" link and print the report. Thank you,

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It would be nice to have someone other than the person with the role of "Owner" could receive the batch closeout report. The owner may not be the person this needs to go to, or it may need to go to multiple people.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I would like to customize the reports more, I need specific details at the end of each day and the generic reports aren't working for me. All the info is there I just need a way to pull it instead of going into each individual transaction.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Like many companies in the US, my week starts on Monday. Why is there no way to change This Week and Last Week in Reporting to reflect a Monday start day? Seems like an obvious option to include and it would make comparison reports much more useful without having to specify custom date ranges. While I'm at it, if one does specify, say, a five day date range, Mon-Fri, the only comparison available is the previous 5 days (Wed-Sun), a totally pointless comparison. Why not Mon-Fri of the previous week?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. It's nice to be able to compare this week to last week on reports, but my work week starts on Monday. Can we have an option to make Monday the week start instead of Sunday?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?