Skip to content

Taking Payments

There are a lot of ways to take a payment. Provide your ideas to help advance Clover’s payments acceptance process here. We are listening and we use this feedback to prioritize our roadmap.

Here are quick descriptions of each category so that you can easily locate and post ideas in the correct place!

1. Virtual Terminal: Provide all feedback on the Virtual Terminal in this category. How can we make this solution more useful for merchants?

2. Refunds/Exchanges: If you have any feedback on Clover’s refund or exchange functions please let us know here.

3. Recurring Payments: Share your thoughts on accepting recurring payments here. Tell us how we can improve.

4. Invoicing: Is there any functionality that can be added to our systems to enhance the invoicing feature? Put your ideas in this forum category.

5. Voids: How can we make voiding a transaction easier and simpler? Tell us your suggestions to improve this payment feature.

6. Invoicing: Share your thoughts on invoicing here. Tell us how we can improve.

7. Discounts: Ideas in the forum category should talk about the built-in Clover discounts feature which can be found in your dashboard. How can we make giving discounts easier and more effective?

8. Taxes: What functionality can be added or improved to make charging and managing taxes easier.

9. Tipping: How can we enhance Clover’s tipping options to benefit merchants, employees, and customers? Place all ideas related to tipping here.

Taking Payments

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

63 results found

1. The update that took place 9/28/23 disabled the ability to scan the barcode on the receipt when in the Tip App. This feature is VITAL when you are dealing with 100 printed receipts after a rush that you then have to scroll and search to find each one to enter the tip amount. PLEASE bring it back...

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under Review  ·  4 comments  ·  Tipping  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. some merchants are requesting for recurring payments to be able to email a link to a customer and then the customer enter the cc info and select the monthly date they want the card debited and that Our competitor Stripe has this functionality.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It would be great if invoices from recurring payments could be changed from failed to paid or even deleted once completed. Also would like to be able to pause individual clients within the recurring payment programs instead of only being able to pause all or none. Lastly would like to be able in recurring payments to adjust the payment date when needed without having to delete the person and readd them.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Invoicing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. We have created a "pay now" button for our website home page so clients that receive a statement in the mail can easily make a payment online.. That part seems to be working well.. My problem is I do not get any type of notification that a payment has bean made.. So when I try to balance my daily deposit I notice numbers not matching then the search is on.. It would just be really really nice to get an email when a payment is made online through the hosted check out

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Hi,

I see this issue was closed out previously with the “completed” tag which disables comments.

EBT from NY state are 19 digits and unable to be processed manually keyed in.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I used to have Square and I can say that Square estimate/invoice system is far superior than Clover. I will really appreciate if Clover can match the capability that Square has for the invoice and estimate.

I send a lot of wedding and special events invoices and we like to make them with all the details of their purchase. We will like that Clover lest us select the items that we have on our menu to add it to the invoice or estimate, add the quantity needed, add a description, date of service, reminders, the option to make a deposit,…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Invoicing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I think we should be able to change the date customers get charged. I run a wine club and sometimes my dates change for when I need to charge a customer. The only solution the customer service gave me was to end each individual persons subscription and then add them with the new date. Also if that is going to be the solution we should be able to have a way to do a mass add or delete to them.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Any payment received requires Name, Email and or Phone number via clover go app, or URL, or QR code

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback. For URL and QR code, merchants can make these fields required within "Account & Setup > Hosted Checkout Configuration".

Thank you, 

Clover Product

9. Print tip suggestion on the bottom of the bill BEFORE payment, AND print tip suggestion on the bottom of Cash Receipts.

Clover only prints tip suggestion for Credit Card payments.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tipping  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Also please have it so you can view the invoice notes when you click view invoice. Sometimes there are notes there for my bookkeeper and accountants to reference. Right now when we click view invoice we do not see the notes. Again please make the change so we can changing invoice due date. urgently needed for my business.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Invoicing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When customer hit "SKIP" tip on a Clover mini device, we can't close out the batch. We have to disable the tip on device in order to enter zero for the tip then close out the batch. After that we have to enable to add the tip back on the device. Is there any way to eliminate this step? When customer hit "SKIP" on tip enabled device, the device should see that a "zero" tip and should not prevent the batch to be closed out.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tipping  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. As I clean up overdue invoices, I've found about 40 where payment had been made another way (check, warranty coverage, etc.). When I canceled the invoice, I was not aware the customer would be notified via email. I was suddenly bombarded with calls from confused customers thinking they were getting billed again.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Currently it will show "Employee" ran the payment under the Transactions tab. It would be very helpful to know who sent that.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. We need test/SMS to pay critically. It is requested by my merchant weekly. Is this on the roadmap to add to Clover solutions, soon?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Merchant complained about payment error messages being vague and misleading. The merchant received an error message advising "This type of card cannot be used on this terminal" which leads them to believe there is an issue with the terminal and they contacted Clover support. Clover support research concluded that the card was declined by the issuer and not by Clover. The merchant is requesting to have the error messages updated so that they accurately reflect the type of decline.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Very helpful to have a receipt print from our Clover Mini once an invoice is paid by a customer and then we could reconcile that receipt against our batch.

As it stands we have to log into our clover dashboard or check our email. Furthermore, the email to which the paid invoice receipt should be the email of the user that sent the invoice request and not just the business owners personal email address. Clover only sends emails to just the business owners email address, and I had to change that to the businesses email address so my manager can…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thank you for your suggestion, but your first request does not align with our current priorities.

We will take your second request into consideration within our feature backlog. 

Best, 
    Clover Product

18. Tip Entry is currently only allowed to be set to Tablet Screen OR Printed Receipt which doesn't work for restaurants that have table service and counter service. Please allow Tip Entry to be inputted both on the tablet screen AND on printed receipt simultaneously so it can be accessed both ways whenever needed.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tipping  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

This feature is under review. 

A current workaround is to set up one device with counter service (tip on tablet) and another device with tip on paper. 

Thanks,

Clover Product

19. Have an employee section in the Clover invoice so the company can see who sends out the invoice. Also, let this employee be notified so they know when it is paid

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Hi - we use Clover for a daycare. We allow families 2 weeks of vacation. Would be ideal if I could edit the start date to bump it a week instead of having to delete and re-add them back into the plan. I have 13 customers in the one plan for the amount so I can't pause the whole plan. I need to just pause one family in that plan.

Also would be phenomal to filter it alphabetically or by amount - our plans are by weekly and amount or bi-weekly and amount or monthly and amount. Instead of it…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?