Skip to content

Taking Payments

There are a lot of ways to take a payment. Provide your ideas to help advance Clover’s payments acceptance process here. We are listening and we use this feedback to prioritize our roadmap.

Here are quick descriptions of each category so that you can easily locate and post ideas in the correct place!

1. Virtual Terminal: Provide all feedback on the Virtual Terminal in this category. How can we make this solution more useful for merchants?

2. Refunds/Exchanges: If you have any feedback on Clover’s refund or exchange functions please let us know here.

3. Recurring Payments: Share your thoughts on accepting recurring payments here. Tell us how we can improve.

4. Invoicing: Is there any functionality that can be added to our systems to enhance the invoicing feature? Put your ideas in this forum category.

5. Voids: How can we make voiding a transaction easier and simpler? Tell us your suggestions to improve this payment feature.

6. Invoicing: Share your thoughts on invoicing here. Tell us how we can improve.

7. Discounts: Ideas in the forum category should talk about the built-in Clover discounts feature which can be found in your dashboard. How can we make giving discounts easier and more effective?

8. Taxes: What functionality can be added or improved to make charging and managing taxes easier.

9. Tipping: How can we enhance Clover’s tipping options to benefit merchants, employees, and customers? Place all ideas related to tipping here.

Taking Payments

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

117 results found

1. Merchant has requested the ability to allow the Clover Go card reader to connect bluetooth to a PC and then feed the information through to Virtual Terminal and not limit it to just mobile devices

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Clover app should have the ability to choose an item to refund in a sale. The refund function currently only allows one to refund entire order. With that being said you must do a manual refund. Also there is currently NO way to do a cash refund when a sale is paid with split tender, only refund to a card. Cash refunds only to all cash sales. This needs to change.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It is very important to have the option to add sales tax when creating an e-commerce payment link, either button or URL. It is hard to believe this doesn’t already exist.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Taxes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. We process payments and refunds through our E-commerce platform, Big Commerce. We need to be able to automatically process partial refunds through the Big Commerce functionality, not just manually using the Virtual Terminal.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Have the guests be able to swipe their credit card, even if the card also has the tap and chip option. Some guests don't like or understand why they can't swipe their card, I believe this would make guests happy.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allowing the merchant to enter the amount they are refunding is necessary, as sometimes the refund amount is simply a few dollars off what they originally paid. Right now, the new partial refund option forces you to refund a complete item.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Currently, Clover can either tax everything or tax nothing. This is unacceptable. You can choose to tax everything and then manually remove the tax on non-tax items on the device. But I have hundreds of items and people make mistakes. This should not be hard to program the software to tax or not tax based on what I choose on my Item list in my Inventory

We need an automated solution. I don't want to rely on cashiers remembering to remove to tax on non- taxables. And I don't want problems paying my Sales Tax to the State.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Taxes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. As a Church our parishioners will do their sacrificial giving online either through credit card or through their checking accounts.

Currently through the Virtual Terminal I cannot input checking account information to payments.
    Please add this feature to your Virtual Terminal it would be very much appreciated.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. We cannot use contactless payments when a debit surcharge is set on the flex. We need to change the software so that the merchant can add tip, then approve surcharge, and then use contactless. More and more people are using there phones and cannot do payments with cards!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. ACH option for Omaha ISO's in the virtual terminal. We are placing merchants with authorize.ner because we cant offer ACH through the Clover Virtual terminal. What wouldn't this be ruled out to all channels especially since we can use Payeezy now. Also should be able to have merchants opt into the ACH feature and have a set fee structure that they agree to.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I would like the ability to print the receipt at the time the payment is completed instead of having to navigate to the individual transaction afterwards to print a receipt. (I do understand that the receipt can be emailed at the completion of the payment.)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Co-Pricing and credit credit card fees issues.
    1. Make it possible for Restaurants to add service charges to individual guests not just to the whole table. i.e. If I want to add a CC service fee I can only do so at the table level, but if I have 2 guests at the table and 1 is paying cash I do not want them to be charged the fee.
    2. Co-Pricing would also take care of this issue. When printing a bill have a cash total and a CC total at the bottom of the receipt and have the system…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Need to add Gift Certificates to Tender Payments. Gift Cards are very expensive to buy and pay monthly fees. If we can make our own Gift Certificates than it will safe us small businesses money.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I need the ability to edit the amount of the recurring payment for each customer.
    we're a tutoring center, and we charge each customer a monthly fee based on the number of sessions rendered. So although the amount is the same for most customers most of the year months, it happens that I have to charge a customer a different amount this month, then the customer will be back to the regular amount next month. There's no solution for this now, so I have to delete the recurring payment, charge the customer manually, and then recreate the recurring payment for…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. This invoice product needs to include itemizing for the invoice to send to clients so that multiple items can be listed as sub totals and then the ability to give a grand total.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Invoicing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. We need to be able to add the a % Transaction Fee as some other systems do if they pay with a credit card. Currently had the feature to calculate it bu on the description says Tax which is not tax and will create discrepancy with the real taxes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Virtual Terminal is useless for our vacation rental except to take payments. It is geared primarily to restaurants. Clover took over for Payeezy which had a more efficient virtual functionality for our business.

The name should appear on the paid receipt without having to save every time. Many guests are one time customers. Only the amount paid shows up.

Again, the name of the paying guest should appear on transaction detail. If I have to refund, I have to go through several paid receipt.

Our guest's' credit card information is 99% from booking platforms. The CVV nor the Zip code…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, 

We believe most of your concerns have been addressed with product enhancements released over the last two months. 

You can use the card on file, or the duplicate payment function and process a payment without CVV or Zip code. 

Clover does require merchants to create customers in order to show the name on the digital receipt. 

Thank you, 

Clover Product

20. Givex Gift Card redemption needs a tip option to make it easier on the customer, rather than the server asking the guest if they want to leave a tip and then adjusting the amount manually. It should be a forced tip screen

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Tipping  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?