I have multiple restaurants set up with clover dinning. The scenario I am about to describe is an issue across the board. Clover help center and tech support have not been able to properly address this issue. Here are the steps included to lead up to the problem.
- Server is closing out an open order to $100.00 cash.
- For whatever reason a refund is needed.
- Manager on duty is called over to access refunds to apply to the open order.(Obviously we don't want servers doing refunds).
- The cash is refunded to the manager while still showing going out of the server (Holding their Cash). Manager is now negative $100.00 and the server is up $100.00
- The money equals out at the end of the day, however (the problem) server closeout report does not reconcile this cash as going back out of their sales since the refund is essentially executed by the manager.
This looks like a surplus of cash to the server at their closeout and gets confusing.
This scenario gets further complicated if the manager on duty is also a bartender who is pooling cash and credit card tips with other people behind the bar. The good news is tis is the only issue that we are finding that is disrupting business at the end of the night with multiple servers and their closing paperwork. Bad news is we can not find a fix on our end.
Please reach out with any questions on this.
Suggestion: Create an option under register or transaction that can do the following.
1. Allow the server to hit the refund button under their open profile.
2. This would require a manager number or swipe to access the refund action. Apply the refund to the server's shift's sales report.