Skip to content

Management Functions

Welcome to the feedback forum for Clover Management Functions. Please share your ideas for how we can update our Clover management software to help merchants run their business simply and easily. Specifically, this forum should only include ideas surrounding built in management functions (feedback on business management apps should be included in the Apps/App Marketplace forum). We are listening and we use this feedback to prioritize our roadmap.

Here are quick descriptions of each category so that you can easily locate and post ideas in the correct place!

1. Clover Dashboard Functionality: Share your thoughts on how the Clover Dashboard as a whole can function more effectively. 

2. Restaurant Menus and Clover Dining: Share your thoughts on all functions that specifically have to do with Clover Dining such as Clover’s built-in menu creation feature.

3. E-Commerce Management/Clover Online Ordering: Please include all your feedback and suggestions for enhancing Clovers e-commerce management software including Clover Online Ordering.

4. Inventory/Order Management: Please include all your feedback and suggestions for enhancing Clovers inventory management software.

5. Receipt Management: Provide ideas related to order receipts here including kitchen receipts, customer receipts and merchant copies. Tell us how Clover can enhance the processing of, information on, and appearance of various types of receipts.

6. Employee Management: Please include all your feedback and suggestions for enhancing Clovers employee management software. This includes permissions, viewing and editing employee roles, employee satisfaction, scheduling, owner access and more. If you have tipping suggestions, please include these ideas in the Tipping category of the Taking Payments forum.

7. Software Plans: Here you can provide feedback on Clover’s software plans. Please specify which plan your idea is featuring (Table Service Restaurants, Counter Service Restaurants, Register, Essentials, Payments).

8. Other Management Suggestions: Place your idea here if you have feedback that does not fit in any of the other forum categories.

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

406 results found

1. Please add a way to isolate order types to specific devices. For example, the restaurant has a drive through and would like to designate that device to auto-print DRIVE-THRU on the order receipts, instead of having the employee select the option on the Register. This feature will be applicable for settings with a Bar.

The issue is that employees are forgetting to select the order type in the Register and it is causing issues with the preparation. This is a feature available on the SAM4S POS and should be available on an advance POS like Clover.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The clover software for healthcare should allow inventory

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Pretty Please set back the update to the last version so that our waitstaff can add/remove items for the online ordering inventory on the POS when they become out of stock. I am not always available nor always with my computer and now the only way to make those inventory updates is through clover.com on my computer verses before when all they had to do was check or uncheck a box on the POS.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Making selection of an order type a mandatory action. All employees must select an order type before ringing anyone up would be amazingly helpful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. As manufactures change and stock evolves, an item which is otherwise the same may have 4 or 5 UPCs over its lifetime. Increase the number per item from 3 to 5 comma separated UPCs in the product code field.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I have a wholesale retail business. I need to sell large quantities of my inventory and at the moment i find myself entering several orders to be able to charge for a quantity of 300, for example. Just recently I had an order of 1000 plants and I was limited to entering 99.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add the ability to track stock quantity by individual modifiers under a modifier group. Currently you are only able to track the total quantity of an item. This is not helpful when you use modifiers for sizes of shirts or colors of hats. For example, if I sell a short sleeve shirt and we have 20 total shirts it would be helpful to know that I sold a Medium and my count of Mediums is 1 remaining because the sale. The current functionality just says I now have 19 shirts remaining. This would allow a more efficient process to understand…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Right now, the orders from clover do not differentiate between saved and current orders which must be separated if we want orders on save only in the Register app.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Being able to an additional non table order screen not just the Bar & More

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Ability to enter input date when inputting new inventory into the system

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I would like to have the option to turn off the online ordering notes. Customers are not choosing modifiers they are putting request in the notes, for example extra ranch, our wings come with ranch or blue cheese but extra ranch/blue cheese I charge for. The customers are just putting the request in the order notes. We are losing money.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. wants to add notes to inventory in order to manage what vendors have the cheapest products and cost management.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. when your in inventory its to easy to accidently clone an item. the 3 choices are close together so its easy to hit clone by mistake. Maybe a window should prompt when you hit clone. Sort of like when you want to delete an item

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow for item duplication/cloning on devices such as the flex. Item duplication is allowed on the web dashboard but not on the actual devices. It’s a useful tool for retail businesses.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. We are a retail store and we use the custom modifier section to put the name of the item being purchased. For example if someone is purchasing a table, we will put table in this section. we used to be able to put the description that we put in the custom modifier section into the SEARCH box. For example if we want to see everyone that purchased a table in the last 60 days we can search that . our sales numbers are very high so going through reports really is not an option. Each Product on our register screen…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. For combined orders to not show in the removed items section in reporting or have a label to know that it is a combined order

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Filters orders by open orders from the web dashboard. The dashboard currently give no option to filters orders base on open orders. The feature is only available on the clover device via the orders app

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. When updating inventory via the import option it will be nice if the modifiers orders do not revert back to Alphabetical order

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. There is only an option to add quantity of items to categories. However, businesses with a lot of products, would have to have a lot of different categories in order to keep stock up to date. There should be a way to add quantities to labels, so we can break it down even further.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. For premises that sell Pints and half Pints it would be ideal to have one central stock item (keg) that Pints / Half Pints could be sold from. The same would go for Cocktails: 1 item in the register that is made up from multiple items fro inventory

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?