Skip to content

Management Functions

Welcome to the feedback forum for Clover Management Functions. Please share your ideas for how we can update our Clover management software to help merchants run their business simply and easily. Specifically, this forum should only include ideas surrounding built in management functions (feedback on business management apps should be included in the Apps/App Marketplace forum). We are listening and we use this feedback to prioritize our roadmap.

Here are quick descriptions of each category so that you can easily locate and post ideas in the correct place!

1. Clover Dashboard Functionality: Share your thoughts on how the Clover Dashboard as a whole can function more effectively. 

2. Restaurant Menus and Clover Dining: Share your thoughts on all functions that specifically have to do with Clover Dining such as Clover’s built-in menu creation feature.

3. E-Commerce Management/Clover Online Ordering: Please include all your feedback and suggestions for enhancing Clovers e-commerce management software including Clover Online Ordering.

4. Inventory/Order Management: Please include all your feedback and suggestions for enhancing Clovers inventory management software.

5. Receipt Management: Provide ideas related to order receipts here including kitchen receipts, customer receipts and merchant copies. Tell us how Clover can enhance the processing of, information on, and appearance of various types of receipts.

6. Employee Management: Please include all your feedback and suggestions for enhancing Clovers employee management software. This includes permissions, viewing and editing employee roles, employee satisfaction, scheduling, owner access and more. If you have tipping suggestions, please include these ideas in the Tipping category of the Taking Payments forum.

7. Software Plans: Here you can provide feedback on Clover’s software plans. Please specify which plan your idea is featuring (Table Service Restaurants, Counter Service Restaurants, Register, Essentials, Payments).

8. Other Management Suggestions: Place your idea here if you have feedback that does not fit in any of the other forum categories.

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

405 results found

1. We are a bakery, and we receive many call-in reservations for product orders that will be paid for at pick-up. We need a way to place the unpaid order, remove the required products from inventory so they can't be sold again, then close the order out when it is paid. Does this feature exist somewhere and we are just missing it?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. There are too many steps in adding inventory on the Clover Dashboard. Users should be able to add modifers, printer labels etc all when you first enter the item in the Category. Instead you have to save the item and then go back into each one. Being able to Quick Edit any column that you filter in (ex modifiers) would be so much faster.

1. You should be able to select all items within a category for printer labels
    2. Option to delete items when you're under the category section, not just remove them from the category
    3. Eliminate when you go "back"…
    3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When items are sold, inventory is automatically relieved from inventory. However, when items are returned for refund, the refund item feature does not automatically add the item back to inventory. The item has to be manually added back to inventory.

Summation...clover currently auto-deducts items from inventory when sold. Clover should auto-add items to inventory when returned for credit.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I manage a Retail Inventory were almost every item (over 48,000) has a Product code and/or a SKU. Please add these 2 fields to the Item Basics portion of the Add/Update screen so that we do not continually have to open sub-menus to access. You can add these after the Taxes & Fees field so that users who don't need these fields can easily ignore them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Pretty Please set back the update to the last version so that our waitstaff can add/remove items for the online ordering inventory on the POS when they become out of stock. I am not always available nor always with my computer and now the only way to make those inventory updates is through clover.com on my computer verses before when all they had to do was check or uncheck a box on the POS.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. for labels, every item has the ability to be printed to a BAR printer. We need the ability to have something print dependent on what device it was entered on. For example, a drink entered by a waitress needs to print at the bar, however, that same drink entered by a bartender (that will make the drink) does not need it to be sent to the BAR printer. This would avoid confusion, and things being made twice unnecessarily

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make so you can set individual permissions on the Inventory App so I can set view only for my employees.
    I have seen them over right scan codes while doing price checks.
    I realize that they could just use the register app but then we get a too many open orders.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When in inventory trying to look up and item, we need to be able to not only type item name but have a subfield search for "category" like in the past to narrow down the search to a more specific Category as some items come in a coaster a magnet or let's say a notecard That is very important for me as I am trying to re-order magnets only and I see all the items from this vendor mixed up as it shows too many

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. The old inventory layout is so much easier to use than the new.
    1. In the item details page: it has the ability to tab through the fields and enter item info quickly. The new layout has drop down boxes that have to be clicked on to open and continue entering info.
    2. The item details page (when you select an item to edit the details) is much more condensed; there's no need to scroll. The new layout is unnecessarily large, lots of wasted space and you don't see everything at once.
    3. The inventory page shows all the necessary…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The update that was done recently has made adding inventory to our system incredibly difficult. We are no longer able to add labels through our desktop and have to go to a different device in the store to add them into each item. We also cannot search for labels anymore and are only able to choose from about 50 predetermined printer labels and if the one we need isn't there, we have to go to a different device in our store and again add it manually. This update is horrible and our faith in Clover's abilities to fulfill our businesses…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I would like to have the option to turn off the online ordering notes. Customers are not choosing modifiers they are putting request in the notes, for example extra ranch, our wings come with ranch or blue cheese but extra ranch/blue cheese I charge for. The customers are just putting the request in the order notes. We are losing money.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. If a customer orders multiples of an items that need to fire to a specific printer, I need to manually select the printer for all items. For example, if a customer orders 13 California rolls, I will need to select Sushi Bar on my printer label 13 times for every California roll that needs to be made.

Can we please condense this so you can pick the quantity needed to be fired to a specific printer. Obviously this will need to be limited by the quantity ordered.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Real time inventory count for Clover Dining. Right now, inventory is only subtracted when the bill is paid in full, which means the items on the table during service are not subtracted from inventory so if an item is 86'd it can still be sold.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Example: Items in Category "Food" is eligible for a 15% discount, but Items in Catagory "Wine" would not be eligible.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The clover software for healthcare should allow inventory

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Making selection of an order type a mandatory action. All employees must select an order type before ringing anyone up would be amazingly helpful.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Having a lot of experience with the other major POS providers in the market, I am very surprised that Clover does not have a better inventory management system. Virtually all of Clover's direct competitors offer this essential service. Currently, all third party apps are clunky and create more confusion than help.

I believe Clover should specifically have the ability to:

1.) Set low inventory thresholds and reorder quantities. (dynamic thresholds would be best to accommodate business's with changing seasonal sales)
    2.) Ability to assign each product to a corresponding vendor
    3.) Ability to create purchase orders for inventory below the…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Servers need the ability to delete items that have not been fired or saved, but then need a manager code to delete an item that HAS been fired or saved. Currently the only way to prevent this type of theft is to restrict the permission for servers for both. So if a server rings in a "stuffed mushroom" and before sending to the kitchen realizes that it was supposed to be "sauteed mushrooms", she must find a manager to remove the stuffed mushrooms. In a busy environment this is not practical. There should be a permission that only allows the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The "new" inventory feature is a joke. There are too many clicks required to add a product and there are fields missing that are on the old version. Yet on the old version there are fields missing that are on the new version. The "new" was not thought out at all for easy use, no did someone look at the fields in the old version to ensure they are on there.

Suggestions:

Use the layout of the "old" version and GET RID OF THE NEW. Add the ability to upload a photo for the online menu/store within the old layout.…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When importing an inventory spreadsheet, provide the choice of adding the quantity to existing count or over-write. Right now, it over-writes existing qty in stock, so if I have 2 left and order 6 more, the imported report will change my qty to 6 rather than 8. I don't know why anyone would over-write, but there may be a reason so please offer the choice.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 5 7 9 20 21
  • Don't see your idea?