Skip to content

Reporting Functions

Welcome to the feedback forum for Clover Reporting Functions. Please share your ideas for how we can update our Clover reporting software to help merchants run their business more effectively. Specifically, this forum should only include ideas surrounding built in reporting functions. We are listening and we use this feedback to prioritize our roadmap.

Here are quick descriptions of each category so that you can easily locate and post ideas in the correct place!

1. Reporting Functionality: Ideas here should explicitly focus on the practicality and usefulness of Clover’s reporting feature. Is it easy to customize filters? Is the frequency at which reports generated sufficient?

2. Reporting Tips, Taxes, and Service Charges: This category should distinctively include all feedback regarding Clover reports producing intelligence on tips, taxes, and service charges.

3. Employee Reporting: This category should distinctively include all feedback regarding Clover reports producing intelligence on employees.

4. Inventory/Order/Customer/Sales Reporting: This category should distinctively include all feedback regarding Clover reports producing intelligence on inventory, orders and customers. This also includes reporting on sales/revenue.

5. E-Commerce Reporting: This category should distinctively include all feedback regarding Clover reports producing intelligence on online electronic transactions.

6. Other Reporting Suggestions: Place your idea here if you have feedback that does not fit in any of the other forum categories.

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

341 results found

1. The clover devices does not have away for the merchants to see cash totals for each employee. The cash total is showing for all employees. The clover device need a way to show tender types for each employees and not just for the full day.
    I confirmed that on the dashboard we have away to see the tender types by employees but the merchant need away to see that same information on the device per employee.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Merchants should be able to track cost of goods (COGs) for items sold as modifiers.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Is it possible to add a 'Sales Date' column. there is on the 'deposit date' column when reporting deposits.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. WE HAVE OVER 30 LOCATIONS WITH YOU!!!! Modifier group items that have a $ value should also have an option to enter the $ value cost. This is essential as this makes it difficult to calculate full inventory costs for the business.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Is there a short summary report that they can print out after they are done counting that shows if they are short or over? In our old POS, my employees attached such a report to their end-of-shift deposit envelopes twice a day.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. We would like to see the exported Transactions report include a column for Funded Date. We used to rely on Clientline for a weekly batch report that included every transaction from the batch, the date it was funded (not submitted for processing), last four of card, and cardholder name to reconcile with Quickbooks but Clientline is impossible to navigate after updates

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. We just started using Clover and we noticed that the Gross and Net totals aren't actually complete totals. You have to check your cash/CC/other totals and add those numbers. We've spoken with other vendors and they have told us they have to do similar workarounds to get proper totals for the day's sales. This should be fixed ASAP. If we can't trust the Gross and Net totals displayed at the top of the Sales Report on the web dashboard, why are they there?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Time by time the export in Excel format has same records with EDT and other lines with EST.
    Seems a bug of the system.

Anyway add EDT or EST in the same column of the Date/Hour do not allow to use that column with the Excel functions.
    Should be better that EDT/EST was in a separate column.

If you need same more ideas on the export I am available on my email.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Merchants would like the ability to have a report that breaks up sales based off of sections in the Clover Dining app. They hope is that restaurants can tell which dining areas are the busiest.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I need to be able to run a "tender types" report by date for a custom date range. Exactly the same functionality as the sales report, which allows for DAILY SUMMARY or TOTAL toggle, but in the tender type it only allows for the summary.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow merchant to
    1. Close their batch through the dashboard.
    2. Provide them information on their expected funding time based on when they batch and their time zone.
    3. Let the merchant use this information to set their OWN auto-batch time, or to switch their batching to manual.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Reporting uses the most recent item cost, not the cost that was recorded at the time of sale. Item costs that have changed over time are reported incorrectly and as a result all reporting values derived from COGS are incorrect when reporting over any period where inventory costs changed. Example:
    (November 1st I set my crab cost at 3.99 and sell price at 5.99. I sell 1000 lbs at a gross profit of $2000. On November 15th my cost increases to 9.99 lb and I change my cost to 9.99 and sell price to 11.99 lb I sell 500 lbs…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please create a printable detailed batch report that shows the batch total and a list of all transactions (sales and refunds). Maybe you can add that to the "Closeout" screen so I can click on the batch "details" link and print the report. Thank you,

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Merchants have discrepancies between what the Closeout App cites as the batch total versus what they receive in their Deposit. To reconcile, we need to pull a batch report that clearly cites what transactions were funded in each batch. Clientline used to provide this report, but recent changes on that portal make this an even more urgent need on the Clover platform

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Include batch $ total on the Orders menu. Going to Closeout to obtain this information is an additional step that is time consuming. For me, it takes several minutes to load the Closeout menu.

Previous software version included daily batch $ with the specific order amounts ... please bring that back!!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Closeout App: when the batch report is printed on the device, it does not include the date & merchants must write this down manually on the printed report. Please print the date.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. In the INVENTORY APP, we are able to track the number of available items in stock for any specific item (we can scan them into inventory using the barcode). I

If you were to add a COST OF GOODS column to that item, we would then be able to know the assets of those items which we are holding in inventory.

Being able to total up all our inventory and know the assets sitting in our stockroom is vital to any business!

Also, having a COST OF GOODS price column, compared to the RETAIL price column, would allow the system…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I would like to know all of my products that are not categorized. Please allow me to select "uncategorized" under "category" in Inventory.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Sales Report: Can you add a breakdown for the following with totals only.
    $Catering
    $Food and Beverages
    $Alcohol

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)