Skip to content

Reporting Functions

Welcome to the feedback forum for Clover Reporting Functions. Please share your ideas for how we can update our Clover reporting software to help merchants run their business more effectively. Specifically, this forum should only include ideas surrounding built in reporting functions. We are listening and we use this feedback to prioritize our roadmap.

Here are quick descriptions of each category so that you can easily locate and post ideas in the correct place!

1. Reporting Functionality: Ideas here should explicitly focus on the practicality and usefulness of Clover’s reporting feature. Is it easy to customize filters? Is the frequency at which reports generated sufficient?

2. Reporting Tips, Taxes, and Service Charges: This category should distinctively include all feedback regarding Clover reports producing intelligence on tips, taxes, and service charges.

3. Employee Reporting: This category should distinctively include all feedback regarding Clover reports producing intelligence on employees.

4. Inventory/Order/Customer/Sales Reporting: This category should distinctively include all feedback regarding Clover reports producing intelligence on inventory, orders and customers. This also includes reporting on sales/revenue.

5. E-Commerce Reporting: This category should distinctively include all feedback regarding Clover reports producing intelligence on online electronic transactions.

6. Other Reporting Suggestions: Place your idea here if you have feedback that does not fit in any of the other forum categories.

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

341 results found

1. I need to export what was sold (i.e. line item) and the datetime of the transaction, but instead exports from any of the orders section do not include both the date time and line item. Rather, they include one or the other making it impossible to forecast what to order. We need a export that shows what we see in the web UI, i.e. the datetime of the purchase, and the line item of what was purchased. Instead, it's a datetime with a obscure ID that does not match any other report export, or a line item export without a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Bring back reporting features ASAP. The ability to produce year to date and year end reports is vital. Now you can not even request a report. This is an important feature. It's not like you can cut and paste 3 months at a time in a report like "Item sales Report". PLEASE BRING THIS BACK ASAP!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I currently up charge $4.00 for a Margarita or Old Fashioned. I want to run a happy hour special we’re only up charge $2.00 if modifiers were added to the happy hour list, this can be done with the click of a couple buttons

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. From Finance-closeout show summary would be great to do one click for detail and not go to Sales activity and detail payments and refunds---too much work

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. We would like to see the summary report (that was previously available) of each employee's activities for a specific time period. since the latest upgrade only a detailed report is available.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Merchant would like employee report to be limited so the employee cannot change the date.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Hello there,
    my name is Claudio and i am the new general manager of a Restaurant in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

As the new manager, I'm looking into costs and expenses and i'm having some issue with the Clover reporting system.

The location has been open since 2015 and, since now we're expanding and opening 2 more stores, I'd like to see if make sense for us as a business, to keep opening in the morning here or not.

But when I go into the report system and i try to see a specific date and time it won't let me.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. We have multiple clients want to add a custom field on the sales report, e.g. each sales needs to split tip income with kitchen staff, so they need add a custom field "Kitchen Tips" to the report.

The formula for this field is (net food sales + net unclassified sales) * 5%, "food" is a revenue class the merchant defined. They used to use the Squirrel POS system, which allowed them to add such a field.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. a way to see your current total of inventory for the year. by vendor

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When I view deposits and click on a specific deposit, it shows me the deposit and then a list of fees. This particular one showed a deposit of $239 and $64.11 in fees. My jaw hit the floor when I saw this. I called my account manager who had to call Clover and figure out that this was the amount for the whole month and not that one transaction. It shows the amount transferred was $174.89.
    There is no transaction on my account for that amount. Listing that amount only confuses people. I understand this has something to do with…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. There is a problem with the line items being synced from Clover payment receipts to Quickbooks invoices. Instead of creating 1 line item per sku/item, it ungroups identical SKUs and creates 1 line item for each qty count.

For example, if a customer orders QTY 10 of SKU 0001, the synced invoice sent to Quickbooks will look like this:

QTY (1) SKU 0001 - $10
    QTY (1) SKU 0001 - $10
    QTY (1) SKU 0001 - $10
    QTY (1) SKU 0001 - $10
    QTY (1) SKU 0001 - $10
    QTY (1) SKU 0001 - $10
    QTY (1) SKU 0001 -…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Modifiers having Printer Label options allowing Modifiers to be routed to different printers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. employees have the need to buy supplies quickly on occasion and do a payout from the register there is no method to do that
    and your chat line is worthless

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. As of Aug 1, 2023 item sales report, the display order for gross sales and net sales is incorrect.

Currently gross sales $ and net sales $ are displayed before item sold.

After sku and product code, the display order should be item sold, refunded, exchanges, net sold, and then gross sales $. Net sales $ should be displayed after exchanges $.

I have entered case # MI001119531 to request the display change back to the correct way it was displayed on the items sales report since June 2021 when we first started using Clover.

Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. On the Clover Dashboard Reporting, a restaurant or retail may have multiple managers for one store or location, after an item is printed and then an item is removed from an order, we need to see a report of who approved the deleted item and who is doing the most deletion items after printing or firing items. Currently it shows the employee of the order but not who approved or overriden the printed items when managers have the permission to do so.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. We implement location tracking in QuickBooks and are starting to use Clover's Accounting Sync feature. The journal entries this feature creates do not populate the "Name" and "Location" fields in QuickBooks. As we operate multiple locations this means I have to go back into Clover to figure out which journal entry corresponds to which location, and then manually enter the correct location field FOR EACH LINE ITEM on the journal entry. Please add the ability to put a "location" and "name" against each line in the journal entry, which I believe corresponds to your "Tender Types".

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Let me pick which fields I need or want and set the sequence I want.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Can you please Add the Name of the Bussiness on the End of day close out report Emailed to the merchant.. Not just the MID #. I have a client who has multiple accounts but under the same email. They want the name of the business listed on top of the report so they can idenitfy which Close out report belongs to which business. . Thank you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The update to the clover system changed the background colors through the display screen and the payment machine screen. With the current selections, my color blind employee cannot see or use the system. Accessibility options to change the background colors would solve this issue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Report with Bar Code/SKU of items sold for a given time period. A line for the report would have item name, quantity sold, date, price of item, SKU and bar code of item.This will greatly help in a separate POS system for reordering. One can use an external scanner to re-order, or manually input the SKU into the other POS system.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?