Skip to content

Taking Payments

There are a lot of ways to take a payment. Provide your ideas to help advance Clover’s payments acceptance process here. We are listening and we use this feedback to prioritize our roadmap.

Here are quick descriptions of each category so that you can easily locate and post ideas in the correct place!

1. Virtual Terminal: Provide all feedback on the Virtual Terminal in this category. How can we make this solution more useful for merchants?

2. Refunds/Exchanges: If you have any feedback on Clover’s refund or exchange functions please let us know here.

3. Recurring Payments: Share your thoughts on accepting recurring payments here. Tell us how we can improve.

4. Invoicing: Is there any functionality that can be added to our systems to enhance the invoicing feature? Put your ideas in this forum category.

5. Voids: How can we make voiding a transaction easier and simpler? Tell us your suggestions to improve this payment feature.

6. Invoicing: Share your thoughts on invoicing here. Tell us how we can improve.

7. Discounts: Ideas in the forum category should talk about the built-in Clover discounts feature which can be found in your dashboard. How can we make giving discounts easier and more effective?

8. Taxes: What functionality can be added or improved to make charging and managing taxes easier.

9. Tipping: How can we enhance Clover’s tipping options to benefit merchants, employees, and customers? Place all ideas related to tipping here.

Taking Payments

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

118 results found

1. We need to be able to take partial refunds. This is very important in retail sites since we have customers only returning certain items on their receipts. We called customer services and they said we could only do full refunds or we have to fake a new transaction with the items they are returning to get a total and than do a manual refunds for that amount. We than have to manually adjust our inventory. There has to be a better way. We should be able to choose the item that they are returning and only refund that amount and…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. We have many recurring payments, in different dates. Instead of having to login every day to check, it would be nice to have a sales receipt sent via email to the the CLOVER account owner, and not only to the customer.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When we select an existing Customer to add to a Recurring plan, none of the information pre-populates unless the cardholder already has a card on file. At a minimum, when we find the customer in the search bar & click their name, we'd expect the Cardholder Name, Zip Code, or other completed data fields to populate as they already exist in the Customer database

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 86 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Currently the Scan to Order feature which is only available for TSR, makes the client pay for their order BEFORE the order is fired to the kitchen. Not only is this not typical for a Table Service Restaurant environment, the Clover website page for Scan-to-Order implies otherwise.
    https://www.clover.com/pos-systems/scan-to-order
    This makes it difficult for reps to properly promote the feature and we have lost merchants because of this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When contacting Clover for help via chat, too often I get a message saying that I've reached them outside of their regular hours. The message says nothing else. No mention of what the hours actually are or alternate ways to get help at that moment. Today I tried to make contact several times between 10am and 11am EDT. It was incredibly frustrating.

Using the feature to request a call doesn't help because an actual person doesn't make the call. Our phones are answered by an auto attendant and whatever automated system tries to call us, is unable to select options.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Printing an itemized receipt from the transactions history.

So many times I have a customer come back asking for an itemized receipt after their transaction.

I go into transactions and pull up theirs, print the receipt but it isn't itemized. It only shows the total, the taxes, and the tip.

We need to be able to print an itemized receipt from the transaction history.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. We would like to have a field added to the web checkout screen when our customers input their credit card information for payment to us. We create and send out invoices out of quickbooks to our customer organizations. However when customers pay us, only the name of the person making the payment is entered and it is difficult to match the payment to the invoice. Can we add a field to the web checkout screen that allows the customer to input the invoice # they are paying or the business name of their organization so that we can more easily…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Before your upgrade, the App would automatically send a carbon copy receipt to my email. Then I could easily forward to my client once at my desktop. Must now manually enter my email each time, with no way to set up my email in settings. Disappointed you took away a service that was convenient for and appreciated by your customers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. If the card brands will not allow a partial payment to be declined(example, tab is $50, card only has $30 available), then could you add a LARGE POP UP to notify cashier, server, etc that another form of payment is needed to complete the transaction? This gets missed often, especially in busy environments, but almost all merchants seem to have this issue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

An enhancement for this has been released within our new UX, which is currently available for Gen3 hardware. Availability on compatible Gen2 hardware will be coming this year.  

Thanks, 
    Clover Product

11. A void option needs yo be in place after a transaction is paid for so An entire order doesn't have to get refunded and re entered.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Voids  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Hello,

I just switch from the Square Invoicing system. There are two things that we really need for the clover invoicing system. We need the ability to change the invoice due date. All of our payments are due upon delivery of the service or item. Right now it has a 1 week due date. This does not work for us.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Invoicing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Please allow for Tips to be customized by dollar amount as well as percentage.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Tipping  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Clover.com only allows for full refunds. Manual refunds are not an option, only to view past manual refunds. In addition, refund should be available to select either by line item or by refund amount.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. We send invoices to lots of parents for classes and lessons. Many times they ask me to resend the invoice (because they can't find it or for convenience.) I would like to resend rather than just tell them the date I sent is and hope they find it.

Also, sometimes they sign up close to an event and the payment guarantees one of the limited spots. I need the ability to resend before 7 days in order to allow the next student in line to join the class if a customer is not going to pay. Thank you!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It is very disappointing the way engineers set up invoicing , How can you decide due date 7 days from invoice . There is no customization can be done on invoice.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please enable the cash back function on the Register App.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, 

If a merchant has Cash Back enabled, then it would be available upon Debit card transactions. There may be some restrictions based on the merchant's MCC code. If it's not enabled, please check with your agent on the merchant setup, or open a ticket with Clover support to investigate.

Thanks, 

Clover Product

19. Merchant would like to add a notes section when creating the Clover Payment Link so their customers can add their names / any special request when the payment is being completed.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I'm not a restaurant.
    I have customers want to split their payment to 2 months (50% at the sale date, and the remaining 50% a month from now). You know they want to make sure I can deliver what I promise.

Your system does NOT allow End date or # of times option (very easy script ) with Recurring Payments.

So essentially an office person has to check every day to make sure we deactivate RP after 2nd payment.

Clover is the first company I used that doesn't have end date or number of payments (Even my ****** bank has…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?