Skip to content

Taking Payments

There are a lot of ways to take a payment. Provide your ideas to help advance Clover’s payments acceptance process here. We are listening and we use this feedback to prioritize our roadmap.

Here are quick descriptions of each category so that you can easily locate and post ideas in the correct place!

1. Virtual Terminal: Provide all feedback on the Virtual Terminal in this category. How can we make this solution more useful for merchants?

2. Refunds/Exchanges: If you have any feedback on Clover’s refund or exchange functions please let us know here.

3. Recurring Payments: Share your thoughts on accepting recurring payments here. Tell us how we can improve.

4. Invoicing: Is there any functionality that can be added to our systems to enhance the invoicing feature? Put your ideas in this forum category.

5. Voids: How can we make voiding a transaction easier and simpler? Tell us your suggestions to improve this payment feature.

6. Invoicing: Share your thoughts on invoicing here. Tell us how we can improve.

7. Discounts: Ideas in the forum category should talk about the built-in Clover discounts feature which can be found in your dashboard. How can we make giving discounts easier and more effective?

8. Taxes: What functionality can be added or improved to make charging and managing taxes easier.

9. Tipping: How can we enhance Clover’s tipping options to benefit merchants, employees, and customers? Place all ideas related to tipping here.

Taking Payments

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

118 results found

1. When we select an existing Customer to add to a Recurring plan, none of the information pre-populates unless the cardholder already has a card on file. At a minimum, when we find the customer in the search bar & click their name, we'd expect the Cardholder Name, Zip Code, or other completed data fields to populate as they already exist in the Customer database

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Currently the Scan to Order feature which is only available for TSR, makes the client pay for their order BEFORE the order is fired to the kitchen. Not only is this not typical for a Table Service Restaurant environment, the Clover website page for Scan-to-Order implies otherwise.
    https://www.clover.com/pos-systems/scan-to-order
    This makes it difficult for reps to properly promote the feature and we have lost merchants because of this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When contacting Clover for help via chat, too often I get a message saying that I've reached them outside of their regular hours. The message says nothing else. No mention of what the hours actually are or alternate ways to get help at that moment. Today I tried to make contact several times between 10am and 11am EDT. It was incredibly frustrating.

Using the feature to request a call doesn't help because an actual person doesn't make the call. Our phones are answered by an auto attendant and whatever automated system tries to call us, is unable to select options.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Printing an itemized receipt from the transactions history.

So many times I have a customer come back asking for an itemized receipt after their transaction.

I go into transactions and pull up theirs, print the receipt but it isn't itemized. It only shows the total, the taxes, and the tip.

We need to be able to print an itemized receipt from the transaction history.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Before your upgrade, the App would automatically send a carbon copy receipt to my email. Then I could easily forward to my client once at my desktop. Must now manually enter my email each time, with no way to set up my email in settings. Disappointed you took away a service that was convenient for and appreciated by your customers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. If the card brands will not allow a partial payment to be declined(example, tab is $50, card only has $30 available), then could you add a LARGE POP UP to notify cashier, server, etc that another form of payment is needed to complete the transaction? This gets missed often, especially in busy environments, but almost all merchants seem to have this issue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

An enhancement for this has been released within our new UX, which is currently available for Gen3 hardware. Availability on compatible Gen2 hardware will be coming this year.  

Thanks, 
    Clover Product

7. A void option needs yo be in place after a transaction is paid for so An entire order doesn't have to get refunded and re entered.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Voids  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please enable the cash back function on the Register App.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, 

If a merchant has Cash Back enabled, then it would be available upon Debit card transactions. There may be some restrictions based on the merchant's MCC code. If it's not enabled, please check with your agent on the merchant setup, or open a ticket with Clover support to investigate.

Thanks, 

Clover Product

9. I'm not a restaurant.
    I have customers want to split their payment to 2 months (50% at the sale date, and the remaining 50% a month from now). You know they want to make sure I can deliver what I promise.

Your system does NOT allow End date or # of times option (very easy script ) with Recurring Payments.

So essentially an office person has to check every day to make sure we deactivate RP after 2nd payment.

Clover is the first company I used that doesn't have end date or number of payments (Even my ****** bank has…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. we want someone to pay a deposit and come later. so they do a split payment and want the remaining balance to be shown on the receipt.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,  

Our recommendation would be to obtain a receipt via text/web from the Orders app, rather than a "Payment" receipt. This will contain all the associated payments for that order. 

Thanks, 

Clover Product

11. When searching for ann outstanding or pending invoice under the Invoices tab, I do not always know when an invoice is due. It would be helpful to have "all" as an option under Due Date so I don't have to search "this month," then "last month" and maybe "custom date range."

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Invoicing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Currently what you see in Recurring Payment Plan is based on the "Start Date" filter. That would require having the merchant remember when they added the customer to the plan or changing "start date" to custom and moving date back to when the plan was created. Most other gateways allow you to see all customers in a plan by simply clicking on it. It makes managing customers plans much easier.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Fraud Prevention Tools to add a transaction limit so if the same total gets charged on the same card within a minute then it should decline the transaction.

This will prevent duplicate charges to the same card.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I would like to be able to change Total PAID to just TOTAL. Because I use a Charged tender.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, 

This is improved in our upcoming gen3 UX.  

- Merchant receipt screen is "Payment Complete - $ Amount"

- Customer receipt screen is "Paid - $ Amount"

Thanks, 

Clover Product

15. Remove void and refund limitation time limits on debit card transactions. The 25 minutes is a concern and is impacting the merchant's ability to satisfy customers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, 

This behavior is controlled by Fiserv SE Number. Please contact Clover Support to validate the merchant's SE Number to determine if this behavior is not currently available for the merchant.

Thanks, 

Clover Product

16. Merchant wanted to request to have access to the Virtual Terminal as the manager or administrator since the only who has permission to use the virtual terminal is the owner.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  Leif Borden responded

Virtual Terminal permissions can already be modified from employees>permissions

17. Would like to suggest an exportable Paid Items Report since the export option does not include refunded items and order discounts.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The Payment Link feature on Clover web dashboard (under Ecommerce section) allows you to create URLs to post on website, and the URL brings user to a checkout page. You can create multiple payment link URLs from the clover web dashboard and each URL ends in a unique identifier. The payment link checkout page asks for amount, user first and last name, email address, and card details. Once a transaction is completed successfully, the transaction appears in the "Payments" section under Transactions in the Clover web dashboard. When transactions are viewed in detail or when transactions are exported, the payment…

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 3 4 6 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?