Skip to content

Management Functions

Welcome to the feedback forum for Clover Management Functions. Please share your ideas for how we can update our Clover management software to help merchants run their business simply and easily. Specifically, this forum should only include ideas surrounding built in management functions (feedback on business management apps should be included in the Apps/App Marketplace forum). We are listening and we use this feedback to prioritize our roadmap.

Here are quick descriptions of each category so that you can easily locate and post ideas in the correct place!

1. Clover Dashboard Functionality: Share your thoughts on how the Clover Dashboard as a whole can function more effectively. 

2. Restaurant Menus and Clover Dining: Share your thoughts on all functions that specifically have to do with Clover Dining such as Clover’s built-in menu creation feature.

3. E-Commerce Management/Clover Online Ordering: Please include all your feedback and suggestions for enhancing Clovers e-commerce management software including Clover Online Ordering.

4. Inventory/Order Management: Please include all your feedback and suggestions for enhancing Clovers inventory management software.

5. Receipt Management: Provide ideas related to order receipts here including kitchen receipts, customer receipts and merchant copies. Tell us how Clover can enhance the processing of, information on, and appearance of various types of receipts.

6. Employee Management: Please include all your feedback and suggestions for enhancing Clovers employee management software. This includes permissions, viewing and editing employee roles, employee satisfaction, scheduling, owner access and more. If you have tipping suggestions, please include these ideas in the Tipping category of the Taking Payments forum.

7. Software Plans: Here you can provide feedback on Clover’s software plans. Please specify which plan your idea is featuring (Table Service Restaurants, Counter Service Restaurants, Register, Essentials, Payments).

8. Other Management Suggestions: Place your idea here if you have feedback that does not fit in any of the other forum categories.

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

406 results found

1. I do like that now it is possible to color code a category -- and thru the dashboard, choose to have that color to apply to all items in that category. HOWEVER -- if you add a new item to a category, it does NOT automatically become that color! You have to go back, every single time, and then click a bunch of stuff to make each new item your color. Point is -- if I want all beers in my 16oz. Pint category to be orange -- then let my choice persist! If I add a new beer to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Please allow inventory counts for all items including the DoorDash Drive orders that appear in my orders app. My inventory is currently not affected by any DoorDash orders and it could easily be a big problem. Right now the only way to prevent selling a sold out item is to make the item unavailable for both clover online orders and DoorDash orders, which is unsatisfactory.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Once a user adds an item and then wants a second item the exact same way can we add a button to repeat the item

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Have the Modifiers print directly under the menu item and not to the right please.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Merchant would like to filter orders by tax rate. That way it is easier to determine which transactions and orders have which tax applied to them to ensure rules by order type is working.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. With online ordering, we can printing items to kitchen using the alternate name but cannot do so with modifiers? That is a big issue for us because our alternate name is in Vietnamese and our kitchen staff cannot read English. I'm not sure why that was not developed when developing the online order since it prints fine when we enter the orders with items and modifiers with the devices.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Create a program to prohibit the sales of alcohol On a particular day during particular hours.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I have bottle deposits listed as one of the tax rates (I do not see another way to do deposits). Now we have 12 different tax rates. (See Below).

Bottle Deposit
    Bottle Deposit 12pk s
    Bottle Deposit 15pk s
    Bottle Deposit 18pk s
    Bottle Deposit 24pk s
    Bottle Deposit 30pk s
    Bottle Deposit 36pk s
    Bottle Deposit 4pk s
    Bottle Deposit 6pk s
    Bottle Deposit 8pk s
    NO TAX
    Sales Tax

Wines do not have deposits so I would like an option to turn OFF all other tax rates with one button because currently I have to uncheck all of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Merchant requesting an enhancement to be able to Assign Revenue Classes from Device not just the Dashboard like in the past

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Hello,

I wanted to know if you can add a expiry option where products are added. I have a retail store For A Dollar Plus in Lititz Pennsylvania, and have over 5,000 items, and probably 2,500 or more have an expirey date. If it was an option then I can view products expirey dates in Inventory Report. Currently, I have to check products manually.

I would really appreciate it if this can be added to Clover.

Thank you,
    Salmon

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When using the Multi-Location Dashboard Inventory we are consistently having to make updates to locations and other attributes multiple times before the change is actually saved to the item. Many times I have to make a change at each location before it will accept the updates.

Additionally, having ALL the functionality at the multi location level that we have at the individual location level - many things have to be done at the location level and with multiple locations have to make the same change multiple times is very time consuming.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow the online order name to be added to the inventory spreadsheet so that merchant can make bulk updates or see a list of all the online ordering names.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Under an inventory item, it would be helpful to see a 25%, 30%, 35%, 40% margins option near the cost and price lines. So staff can put in an item cost, and then just hit the percentage margin and have the price automatically calculated. Other POS systems have this capability. Saves time not having to pull out a margin calculator on our phone for every item.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. We have 2 revenue classes for our grooming salon. 1 is service and the other is retail, because we sell dog food, supplies, etc. For some reason, everything is automatically rung out as "retail" even though our service items were created with the "service" revenue class assigned. Why don't items automatically ring up as their assigned class? This seems to defeat the purpose of having it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Improve inventory page
    column size should be adjustable!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Clover needs to allow business owners to reorder their menu item modifiers in a way that meets the needs of their staff and business. I thought Clover was going to be able to meet & exceed the previous systems I have used but unfortunately I am finding that this is not the case. Clover needs to up their game!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. ADMIN HAVE TO ABLE TO DECIDE WHAT EMPLOYEE CAN MAKE CHANGES ON THE INVENTORY QUANTITY EVEN WHEN THEY CAN SEE THE INVENTORY

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Hello,

we need a feature that setups up mix and match options for scanned items.
    The system will automatically determine how many groups of items there are and will apply the correct deal.
    For example if you have two redbull for 5.50 and 3 redbull for 6.50 then if there are 5 red bull in the cart then the system will apply 3 redbull deal and 2 red bull deal for the red bull. And as the quantity of items increases, then the system will optimise for best deals.

Unfortunately, apps limited to small quantities of items scanned and do…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please move the modifiers/special instructions to the left side so that they print right underneath the menu item. It is hard for kitchen staff to see the modifiers when the tickets get stacked

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Include an option to include the product code under the product name on a receipt.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?