Skip to content

Management Functions

Welcome to the feedback forum for Clover Management Functions. Please share your ideas for how we can update our Clover management software to help merchants run their business simply and easily. Specifically, this forum should only include ideas surrounding built in management functions (feedback on business management apps should be included in the Apps/App Marketplace forum). We are listening and we use this feedback to prioritize our roadmap.

Here are quick descriptions of each category so that you can easily locate and post ideas in the correct place!

1. Clover Dashboard Functionality: Share your thoughts on how the Clover Dashboard as a whole can function more effectively. 

2. Restaurant Menus and Clover Dining: Share your thoughts on all functions that specifically have to do with Clover Dining such as Clover’s built-in menu creation feature.

3. E-Commerce Management/Clover Online Ordering: Please include all your feedback and suggestions for enhancing Clovers e-commerce management software including Clover Online Ordering.

4. Inventory/Order Management: Please include all your feedback and suggestions for enhancing Clovers inventory management software.

5. Receipt Management: Provide ideas related to order receipts here including kitchen receipts, customer receipts and merchant copies. Tell us how Clover can enhance the processing of, information on, and appearance of various types of receipts.

6. Employee Management: Please include all your feedback and suggestions for enhancing Clovers employee management software. This includes permissions, viewing and editing employee roles, employee satisfaction, scheduling, owner access and more. If you have tipping suggestions, please include these ideas in the Tipping category of the Taking Payments forum.

7. Software Plans: Here you can provide feedback on Clover’s software plans. Please specify which plan your idea is featuring (Table Service Restaurants, Counter Service Restaurants, Register, Essentials, Payments).

8. Other Management Suggestions: Place your idea here if you have feedback that does not fit in any of the other forum categories.

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

405 results found

1. Could we please add this feature back and keep it? My business uses that feature faithfully. It comes in handy when I have the same item/product but different vendors/brand. It helps in knowing which specific one is low in stock. Thanks

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. On Clover web dashboard we used to be able to filter items by category, select all and assign a Label. It seems that 'Label' has changed to 'Printer Label' and now there's Revenue Class instead, which is fine, but please bring back the ability to bulk assign. Now we're required to look through all of our inventory and hand-pick each item to assign it to a revenue class. We have thousands of items in our inventory. This is VERY time consuming.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Merchants need the ability to export Alternate items names and import into inventory. Currently when an inventory is exported into spreadsheet the Alternate Item names do not import back into the inventory.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. when selecting the inventory from the dashboard, and a category, when scrolling through items and selecting one, then going back brings you back to start alphabetically. is there a way to return to the same section you were in, sort of bookmarking your place.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. adding more items after check is split by guests.

Currently if a table is being split by guests i.e. 3 guests. after guest # 1 has paid, guest 2 or 3 can't add more items to their check. Please able this option as some guest decides last minute to order something to-go. i.e. a drink or an appetizer.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Enable recovery or display of deleted orders. At the moment, if an employee or manager deletes an open order, there is no way to view or recover these orders....orders entered on prior days which were pending payment are lost when deleted with no recovery or record of the deletion..

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. When adding a new item, the person is forced to add a category, modifer,revenue class or lable. These can be adjusted in the admin panel.

So many people adding inventory and the reports are getting messed up.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. it s the most import information for one business... the inventory is born for know the value we have... thank you to help this app to grow up!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I would love if we were able to take 2 barcodes, add them to the same inventory item, but they have different inventory quantities removed when scanned. So in my cigar shop For ex: Davidoff Churchill stick= 1 stick but the Davidoff Churchill box = 24 sticks. This way when my employees open a new box from inventory to be placed on the sales floor in sticks, I don't have to go into inventory, remove 1 box, and add 24 sticks to the inventory. My old system allowed me to link the 2 items together. This made it a lot…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It would be nice and would certainly save merchants loads of time, if when adding Stock (scanning in barcodes) that the stock quantities do the addition for them. Or at least there be an option of either ADD or SWAP the new stock quantities. This type of option exists in another software program that I work with and would be beneficial and a smart addition to the programming. Thanks for considering this.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please add an optional setting checkbox under "Order Types".
    "Must select order type before creating the order"
    Right now, it will default to an order type but you cannot REQUIRE the order type to be selected before moving forward with the order.
    The reason it should be an option is that not everyone would want this. The reason it should be a checkbox is that this should either be required or not. So a checkbox for this option would gray out the defaulted radio buttons currently on that screen next to each option.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ability to add or subtract $ from online orders for special instruction or requests from customers that would require a change in price.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. For a Restaurant, we use modifiers to have a meal bundle. Our larger bundles allow two sides. The modifiers are check boxes and work fine unless the customer wants two of the same side, like two sides of fries. If this could be made to allow the same modifier choice to have a quantity of two or more.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It would be nice to be able to add items from inventory when doing a cash sale especially when we are having issues with the device or app.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Modifiers do not show in the same order with online ordering as they were setup. I normally setup the first (top) modifier item to be the most popular so it defaults to it also if I got to a existing modifier and add an item to the list it will now show as the first item on the online ordering. so what ever you want first you need to enter last when setting up new modifiers. sort order does not work at all for the online ordering.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I have disposable devices that I sell single for $6 but if a customer comes and wants 3 i give it to him for $15 for the bundle. I cant keep stock on those items because it won’t automatically apply the discount when three are chosen. Also the disposables have different flavors so it can’t be the same item 3 times it has to be either the same item 3 times or 1 of 3 different flavors

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. We have tens of thousands of items and skus and want to use Clover Online ordering as a way of selling online because everything is intergrated. Do you forsee an update in the near future that will allow for a business to do that much volume?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. A column in the inventory import template for item descriptions. While we're at it, having the ability to set the min/max options for mod's in the template would be super helpful.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Would like to link inventory for multiple locations, They want to keep track of inventory as a whole. For example -100 bottles divided into 2 locations and as they sale the inventory would decrements from 100 (from total) and not just from 50 from one location , but would also like to view which store sold what.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?