Skip to content

Management Functions

Welcome to the feedback forum for Clover Management Functions. Please share your ideas for how we can update our Clover management software to help merchants run their business simply and easily. Specifically, this forum should only include ideas surrounding built in management functions (feedback on business management apps should be included in the Apps/App Marketplace forum). We are listening and we use this feedback to prioritize our roadmap.

Here are quick descriptions of each category so that you can easily locate and post ideas in the correct place!

1. Clover Dashboard Functionality: Share your thoughts on how the Clover Dashboard as a whole can function more effectively. 

2. Restaurant Menus and Clover Dining: Share your thoughts on all functions that specifically have to do with Clover Dining such as Clover’s built-in menu creation feature.

3. E-Commerce Management/Clover Online Ordering: Please include all your feedback and suggestions for enhancing Clovers e-commerce management software including Clover Online Ordering.

4. Inventory/Order Management: Please include all your feedback and suggestions for enhancing Clovers inventory management software.

5. Receipt Management: Provide ideas related to order receipts here including kitchen receipts, customer receipts and merchant copies. Tell us how Clover can enhance the processing of, information on, and appearance of various types of receipts.

6. Employee Management: Please include all your feedback and suggestions for enhancing Clovers employee management software. This includes permissions, viewing and editing employee roles, employee satisfaction, scheduling, owner access and more. If you have tipping suggestions, please include these ideas in the Tipping category of the Taking Payments forum.

7. Software Plans: Here you can provide feedback on Clover’s software plans. Please specify which plan your idea is featuring (Table Service Restaurants, Counter Service Restaurants, Register, Essentials, Payments).

8. Other Management Suggestions: Place your idea here if you have feedback that does not fit in any of the other forum categories.

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

156 results found

1. We currently have to use a paper book to take bookings and when I am away from the restaurant I can’t access the book to check available tables

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Currently the inventory doesn't decrease in restaurants for open checks. If someone orders an item that has to be decreased since there are limited items such as specials, etc.. or limited seasonal items, then for restaurants, the on hand count should decrease as the item is ordered. In current state, the inventory doesn't decrease until the check has been closed out and this gives false on hand counts which can cause servers to order items that have been depleted already. For restaurants, please decrease on hand counts when items have been fired to the printer instead of when the check…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. When selecting Modifiers, Clover needs to be able to add a "Add, hold, or swap" button.
    I am working on getting my menu into Clover, but am used to Aloha, Cake and Toast. Each of these competitors have this ability, and I am shocked that Clover cannot do it.
    What I am left with is to double or triple the size of my modifier group which will drastically complicate my menu. Please help! I feel like this is a simple change that will make a huge difference!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Would like the feature for tables that are occupied for a long time in Dining turning red to be removed or an option to be added to disable this feature.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Currently to print out split checks where 1 guest pays for another guest you have to move items to the paying guest and the print the bill. This adds unnecessary steps, falsely inflates guest check averages, and causes confusion for management, staff, and guests when evaluating bills. The cash out function allows you to pay for multiple guests on 1 payment, this functionality should be passed on to present the bills to the clients to pay. Split check bill presentment is the norm in restaurants and should be a very basic feature that comes as a default ability. Servers typically…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. With Dining and Register...busy restaurants need the ability to send cancellation tickets to the kitchen. Please make this another button within each item (within the existing order). Further, this has to go to the order printer/KDS only...it should NOT appear on the customer's bill!

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. fast cash with no explanation for managers
    multiple gratuity lines
    see table number on tips app
    should be yellow when things are on hold - hard to tell when something hasn't been fired
    Need PPA count
    table count should be able to adjust depending on where people are sitting
    should be able to re-open table when refund has been issued incase wrong table was closed out

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. We have been trying to get our BentoBox integration for online ordering work for nearly five months now. We keep running into a variety of issues with the POS-synced menu from Clover to BentoBox.

One of the big ones is we have a regular menu, and a Sunday Brunch menu. It is currently not possible to set separate days of the week or times for different menus. When I spoke to support they suggested we manually add and remove menu items DAILY!!!!! That suggestion felt very out of touch with reality, as anyone in the restaurant business knows...NO ONE has…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. There needs to be an option for alphabetizing tabs by last name not by the first name.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. If a party wants to pay separately, the problem is once one guest pays, the remaining check is locked and cannot be added to. For instance, if one guest wants to leave early, and a few others stay to have dessert or keep drinking, we know the order will be locked once a single payment is made. So we move everyone to empty tables and manage them separately as a work-around

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. how can i do so, if i cant please it would be a recomendation for the next update
    it is very important, for any type of business

thank you

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I caught my employees, just adding quantity to existing order instead of a new drink. By doing this they are adding to existing happy hour prices, instead of a new drink at full price. So customers who come in right before happy hour ends, are still receiving happy hour prices as long as bartenders add to it and not ring in a new drink. POS should automatically eliminate and stop happy hour prices since times are entered in pos.....

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. moving items from the whole table to guests is a lengthy process on Clover . It is not possible to do it on one screen as the system keeps jumping back and “ … + move items “ which are 2 extra clicks per guest have to be clicked to move items to each guest.
    Solution for this :
    Adjust Clover settings so items can be moved to all appropriate guests on the same screen wthout jumping back to whole table screean.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Server closes the wrong table and quickly realizes the mistake. There is no way to reopen the table to my knowledge without reentering all the orders. If its a large table what a pain.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Have guest count for each check be required, and have kitchen ticket print option so that fired items don't have to be broken down by guest. For full service, non fine dining restaurants this would be optimal to reduce kitchen ticket size.

Putting everything under the "whole table" header is confusing and inefficient.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I want to be able to adjust the layout on the kitchen printer. For example i want to be able to print Hamburger first and then move the combo next to it and then underneath the selections i.e no onions no lettuce etc.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. We have one main company and 3 different menus for different areas. I can't have my staff scrolling through to try to find the correct menu / item. We should be able to have a main category - subcategories level - and then the items with modifiers.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Remove "whole table" option in dinning. It's frustrating when you accident add items to whole table instead if guest.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. After tapping the table number. The Display of the Menu in the flex is FORCED to be Categories & Items View. Its easier if it were on Category View, its easier to order than just scrolling right and left to find the item or use the search bar. Please implement a category view for the flex as in mini and station it is fine.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. We currently have a host that seats guests, with waiters/waitresses coming afterwards to take orders. We would like to have the option in Clover Dining to show that the guests are seated without having to take an order. If you select a table for seating, and add/remove/leave default the number of guests that are seated there, and if you go back to the floor plan screen, it releases the table. This is very confusing for everyone when there are guests seated that don't have any orders yet, and they do no show up on the floor plan, only as empty…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?