Skip to content

Reporting Functions

Welcome to the feedback forum for Clover Reporting Functions. Please share your ideas for how we can update our Clover reporting software to help merchants run their business more effectively. Specifically, this forum should only include ideas surrounding built in reporting functions. We are listening and we use this feedback to prioritize our roadmap.

Here are quick descriptions of each category so that you can easily locate and post ideas in the correct place!

1. Reporting Functionality: Ideas here should explicitly focus on the practicality and usefulness of Clover’s reporting feature. Is it easy to customize filters? Is the frequency at which reports generated sufficient?

2. Reporting Tips, Taxes, and Service Charges: This category should distinctively include all feedback regarding Clover reports producing intelligence on tips, taxes, and service charges.

3. Employee Reporting: This category should distinctively include all feedback regarding Clover reports producing intelligence on employees.

4. Inventory/Order/Customer/Sales Reporting: This category should distinctively include all feedback regarding Clover reports producing intelligence on inventory, orders and customers. This also includes reporting on sales/revenue.

5. E-Commerce Reporting: This category should distinctively include all feedback regarding Clover reports producing intelligence on online electronic transactions.

6. Other Reporting Suggestions: Place your idea here if you have feedback that does not fit in any of the other forum categories.

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

343 results found

1. I've had multiple full service restaurants ask for some reporting related to daily guest count. Not order count or transaction count... but something that relates back to # of guest served... this data coming from the number of served guests at each table in the Clover Dining app. This would be very beneficial for measuring server efficiency since 10 tables with 8 guests would be far more work than 10 tables of 4 guests

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Would like to have the ability to pull one report with everything we need instead of having to use an additional service or pull multiple reports and attempt to match the info.

Merchant Name, Employee Name, Date, Time, Payment Type, Card Type, Item Name, Item Cost, Item Refund.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I need a separate Tax Line added to Invoices located under Virtual Terminal. I do not want to keep having to just add the sales tax to the totals box and making a note. For easier reporting purposes it would be much easier if a separate Sales Tax line would be added to Transaction type "Invoices"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Make it to where an employee will only see their individual report and not the report for every employee. I do not want Employee A to see Employee B's report. They should not see the tips for that employee. I thought this was how the system was setup a few months ago but it appears that is no longer an option

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I am an ISO agent and am currently signing-up merchants for payment processing in the tourism industry which relies heavily on agent sales and commissions. Many of these merchants will purchase large volumes of Clover Flexes to accommodate their operations. One merchant alone will be purchasing 28 Clover Flexes. These merchants all have the same complaint and that is that the Flex does not support commissions reporting. This would be such a simple modification and would be useful to a wide audience of merchants who pay by commissions. Here's how it can be done in two simple steps:

1. In the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Give customers the option to Print their inventory, including item quality, from both the device and the dashboard. This is especially usual for tracking information at night. Also, it would be helpful if merchants had the option to print the inventory items by category.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Sort transactions and orders by fulfillment time for more than one hour.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Merchants need to be able to pull historical reports that reflect the COGS/liability report reflecting the cost/count AT THE TIME OF THE REPORT, not the current item cost/count.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Clover needs the ability to imitate negative tender transactions via the Register, including the purchase of merchandise from sellers, and payouts to vendors or lottery winners.

Numerous retailers buy merchandise from consumers and resell this merchandise in their stores. Convenience stores make payouts in lottery states.

Existing 3rd party solutions for negative tender and payouts are unsatisfactory. Retail merchants need effective functionality, ease of adding used items to inventory, and simple reporting on these activities.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add drop-down option for dates: This quarter, Last quarter, This year, Last year, etc. or Q1 2021, Q2 2021, etc. so you don't have to enter custom dates all the time. Many people report quarterly or yearly.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Quickbooks Integration. The Clover transaction reports should be synced with the quickbooks reports. It really messes with the numbers when you get into detail. If there is a way to make an easy hassle free sync option. All the transactions from Clover should be eligible for syncing with Quickbooks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The existing exported report includes the Items and Categories on separate tabs, and that doesn't allow a merchant to sort by Category, getting all information on each item. Please add a column to the Items tab with the Category of each item (every other detail about each item is there in a column already) so that we can sort the items by Category and take inventory count much more easily. As it is, we'll have to go back and compare counted figures with each and every item, when if it's already on the report, we only have to indicate the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. The shifts app does not calculate total hours unless an excel report is ran. Huge inconvenience in comparison to squares interface. it also does not breakdown overtime hours. a lot of manual calculations for a pos that is supposed to make my life easier. on the shifts tab, it should have a breakdown by employee with total hours and a breakdown of normal hours and overtime. Homebase is garbage and if everything has to be a 3rd party app, your customers will drown in fees. considering the premium I'm paying for this system, I feel like I bought an obsolete…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I would like to customize the reports more, I need specific details at the end of each day and the generic reports aren't working for me. All the info is there I just need a way to pull it instead of going into each individual transaction.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Merchant wants to be able to print the items from a category without the full report. Just the category that she choose and she wants to be able to do it from the device

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. We are an ebike shop;. The current order report shows all orders whether or not they are paid in full We need a sales report that only reports orders that are fully paid. Currently someone may leave a $200 deposit on a $2000 electric bike. While we are waiting for the bike this order is reported as a sale....which it is not. Worse, the customer may change their mind and ask for the deposit back. After the deposit is returned Clover continues to report this as a sale even though it never was and never will be a sale. In…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I want to restrict permissions under Reporting for my Employees to not have access to view the Tips for the day.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The text on the printed Items Sales report is small. The text has become smaller after the Reporting app's update on Clover mini. Merchant would like the printed text on the Item Sales report be larger if at all possible.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Wants to costimize how the Reporting Sales Overview are labeled because his staff doesn't get tips for server, they get it for everyone even if they weren't on their shift.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?