Skip to content

Taking Payments

There are a lot of ways to take a payment. Provide your ideas to help advance Clover’s payments acceptance process here. We are listening and we use this feedback to prioritize our roadmap.

Here are quick descriptions of each category so that you can easily locate and post ideas in the correct place!

1. Virtual Terminal: Provide all feedback on the Virtual Terminal in this category. How can we make this solution more useful for merchants?

2. Refunds/Exchanges: If you have any feedback on Clover’s refund or exchange functions please let us know here.

3. Recurring Payments: Share your thoughts on accepting recurring payments here. Tell us how we can improve.

4. Invoicing: Is there any functionality that can be added to our systems to enhance the invoicing feature? Put your ideas in this forum category.

5. Voids: How can we make voiding a transaction easier and simpler? Tell us your suggestions to improve this payment feature.

6. Invoicing: Share your thoughts on invoicing here. Tell us how we can improve.

7. Discounts: Ideas in the forum category should talk about the built-in Clover discounts feature which can be found in your dashboard. How can we make giving discounts easier and more effective?

8. Taxes: What functionality can be added or improved to make charging and managing taxes easier.

9. Tipping: How can we enhance Clover’s tipping options to benefit merchants, employees, and customers? Place all ideas related to tipping here.

Taking Payments

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

52 results found

1. How cool would it be able to search for open orders from Dashboard and not just from the device? Then from there, in the dashboard, if you could send the "open order" to customer as an invoice with ability to pay right from there that would be even better. Would be practical for those who stop in or call in an order but then want to be invoiced. Our staff in store is too busy to do this or be able to find the open orders. Would be cool if we could do so from afar without having to be…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Invoicing  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It would be nice to be able to supress the business address on the invoice, as our business is in our home and I would like to not share my home address with all my customers. Is there a way to supress the address on the invoices?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. The original invoice notes/details describing the cost being sent to a customer is only received the customer and it is not saved as a copy in our system. Customers cannot/will not always retrieve their emails so we don't have a way to prove after-the-fact what costs did or did not cover from paid invoices.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. In my job I do not deal with customers face to face all my clients are dealt with online so I am often needing to send an invoice for payment. It tends to get very busy around here and I often forget to check back to see if they have paid their invoice leaving customers waiting longer than they should for their results. With our previous provider when a payment was made I received an email notification with a copy of the receipt to my preferred email as a reminder this was one of my favorite features whereas clover only…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. You really need to Add Editing to Invoices as it is essential in case you make a mistake or need to adjust a price.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Merchants and their employees need to be automatically notified when an invoice is overdue and/paid. Merchants want to be automatically notified when an invoice is overdue so they dont have to log in and look at each invoice. MErchants also want the reminders of past due to be automatically sent to the customers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Invoice cannot be resent to a different email address in the event address was incorrect or outdated.

- I have reach out to the Engineering Team At this time Clover does not have a way to change a wrong or outdated email address from the invoice. The merchant will have to manual cancel the invoice and create a new one. We are able to submit an enhancement request in regard to creating that feature in a later update.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Currently the ACH option when selected is not mobile friendly and looks poorly designed. It would be great if there were an option to disable this and only allow for card payment.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, 

Thanks for your feedback. Are you referring to ACH acceptance within the Clover Hosted Checkout solution? If so, Merchants can already disable ACH within the Clover dashboard. 

Other questions we have about this are whether you're requesting the ability to disable ACH only on mobile OR enhance the layout so that mobile ACH renders properly. 

Your response would be appreciated.

Thanks, 

Clover Product

9. Currently when an invoice is cancelled the customer gets and email saying it was cancelled, merchant needs the option to select whether or not a notification should be sent

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Please add links to pdf files for the invoices in Billing and Statements. As a cloud based company this seems an obvious thing to do, reducing the need for paper based copies if the merchant chooses an opt out to reduce waste.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. We need to allow customers to use the online ordering and then send them an invoice.  If we can't do this with Clover our commercial clients are going to force us to use a different credit card processor and a different system.  Why can't Clover add this as a check out option so we can get the order and generate an invoice?  Clover can charge a fee for this function since we would have to pay someone else anyway.  Do you want business going to Catertrax or some other system?  We really need your help for a solution quick!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Currently, Virtual Terminal has a wonderful invoicing feature. Two additional features could help with the invoicing and I have had requests for both:

1) Invoices have a due date default of 1 week. Merchants would like more flexibility to set due dates such as the invoice being immediately due upon receiving the invoice or up to 30 days after receiving the invoice.

2) Adding inventory items to invoices from clover inventory has been suggested and I have had many requests for this feature to be added to the invoicing in Virtual Terminal.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?