Skip to content

Reporting Functions

Welcome to the feedback forum for Clover Reporting Functions. Please share your ideas for how we can update our Clover reporting software to help merchants run their business more effectively. Specifically, this forum should only include ideas surrounding built in reporting functions. We are listening and we use this feedback to prioritize our roadmap.

Here are quick descriptions of each category so that you can easily locate and post ideas in the correct place!

1. Reporting Functionality: Ideas here should explicitly focus on the practicality and usefulness of Clover’s reporting feature. Is it easy to customize filters? Is the frequency at which reports generated sufficient?

2. Reporting Tips, Taxes, and Service Charges: This category should distinctively include all feedback regarding Clover reports producing intelligence on tips, taxes, and service charges.

3. Employee Reporting: This category should distinctively include all feedback regarding Clover reports producing intelligence on employees.

4. Inventory/Order/Customer/Sales Reporting: This category should distinctively include all feedback regarding Clover reports producing intelligence on inventory, orders and customers. This also includes reporting on sales/revenue.

5. E-Commerce Reporting: This category should distinctively include all feedback regarding Clover reports producing intelligence on online electronic transactions.

6. Other Reporting Suggestions: Place your idea here if you have feedback that does not fit in any of the other forum categories.

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

342 results found

1. merchant want to see the online ordering sales overview on the report app

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I need to run a monthly report for a government agency that shows items by tender type. Since there is currently no report, I have to manually count the hundreds of items by tender type.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. A lot of Business Make 2 or 3 shift daily, that shift have Start with petty cash leave the last day after close the last shift. We can insert a deposit in Clover the same day of the Reporting but if we leave a deposit the last day in the new day of reporting that petty is not.

Is a great idea how much is the petty leave in the cash log for the next day.

In the day we can change the Crew 2 or 3 times. We don't have a close shift button with remove cash sales and…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Right now it appears there isn't a way to automatically review sales data for a specific item for longer than 3 months. So if I want to reorder a seasonal item from a year ago, I have NO idea how much I sold last year. I have had to request a report and then sit and wait to receive it, and then sometimes I can't even find the right data. Today I was in a meeting with my team trying to plan what to order for the summer season and we couldn't even have our meeting because the data isn't…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Merchant would like to see bar graphs added to the web db app.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Clover needs to have its own Time clock reporting s,ystem. In the shifts APP if I want to look at a weeks worth of shifts it does NOT TOTAL up the figures. If I am doing payroll I have to add up all the hours, sales, etc.

Our customers depend on third parties which is not good. Homebase has increased their pricing, and its malfunctioning in the reporting. My clients cannot get accurate numbers.

Clover should invest in TIME CLOCK REPORTING charge 4.99 a month for it with server banking and such. Shifts APP already does half of it. If…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Merchant would like the option to remove the server totals from the closeout application. Merchant advised that they did not need that section of the report because they are a retail business.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. -merchant request to restrict server to put orders without drinks
    -create more than one service charge
    -put service charge as a default option
    -combined service charges with tips
    -create a report for servers and assistance of servers and for bartender as well
    -divide tips percentage depending on service provide per order

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. EMPLOYEE SUMMARY BY REVENUE needs to be able to be exported and or printable from Dashboard and from Device on shift
    We need this for tip out badly

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. For reporting purposes, associate custom items-- which are entered after a Category has been selected in the register--to the respective Category as a “custom item”.

Today, all custom items report under "Items Without a Category" even if a Category was selected prior to the entry of the custom item.

Ex:

Category:
    Skate Shop

Item:
    Custom Item

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Currently the deleted items includes anything that was deleted...if a customer changes mind on an item (say from fries to onion rings) and the fry is changed to onion rings and then the ticket is saved. The fry $ is added to the report when it was never in there as a saved, open ticket. At the end of the day, deleted items is a "construed" amount!
    Even if a customer wants to know how much an item is, once it is looked up and customer doesn't want it.....it will go in to deleted items report when in fact, the…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. After payment is done. Clover is not able to go to the order and edit, remove, or void from the order.
    We are not talking about the payment done and approved. Just the reporting details side

Example:
    1 Casamigo = $10
    1 French fries = $5
    1 French fries = $5
    1 casamigo = $10

Device flex went offline and the server kept adding the duplicate items because she couldn’t see the item in “Review Order” from flex. She charges $15 approved credit card. Clover is back online and sees more items. Then there is partial payment left balance of…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Clover already collects the hourly sales data and displays it in dashboard, but only for today. We'd like to see trends in sales by hour of the day. But reporting doesn't allow this feature.

Would like this report to include filter by revenue class. This way our manual payments for maintenance clients or large projects can be separated from the true retail revenue in the brick-and-mortar store.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Item's cost is averaged because upon the keyed cost for each new in take. Provides a more accurate report of Net Margin & Net Profit.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Please enhance the reporting application to offer much more detail reporting, such as a breakdown of splitting service charges so they know exactly what to pay out their employees without having to calculate it themselves.
    Also many merchants really like all of the reporting capabilities other point of sales systems have that clover does not have.

Reporting is crucial for businesses and for dine in restaurants they are used to having certain reports that Clover does not have.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Would like tips that are in in the tips app with custom tender types In the reporting

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The new closeout report has a cash deposit section, which is very nice, but it doesn't include checks from the day that would also be handled with the cash deposit. It would be helpful if anything that physically has to be taken in the bank deposit was included in that section.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. WE HAVE OVER 30 LOCATIONS WITH YOU!!!! Modifier group items that have a $ value should also have an option to enter the $ value cost. This is essential as this makes it difficult to calculate full inventory costs for the business.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I was trying to do it and is not possible it just shows me how my business performed hourly in one day at a time if I want to see like the last 6 months, for example, to see what hours are more profitable to make decisions I cant do that.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?