Skip to content

Taking Payments

There are a lot of ways to take a payment. Provide your ideas to help advance Clover’s payments acceptance process here. We are listening and we use this feedback to prioritize our roadmap.

Here are quick descriptions of each category so that you can easily locate and post ideas in the correct place!

1. Virtual Terminal: Provide all feedback on the Virtual Terminal in this category. How can we make this solution more useful for merchants?

2. Refunds/Exchanges: If you have any feedback on Clover’s refund or exchange functions please let us know here.

3. Recurring Payments: Share your thoughts on accepting recurring payments here. Tell us how we can improve.

4. Invoicing: Is there any functionality that can be added to our systems to enhance the invoicing feature? Put your ideas in this forum category.

5. Voids: How can we make voiding a transaction easier and simpler? Tell us your suggestions to improve this payment feature.

6. Invoicing: Share your thoughts on invoicing here. Tell us how we can improve.

7. Discounts: Ideas in the forum category should talk about the built-in Clover discounts feature which can be found in your dashboard. How can we make giving discounts easier and more effective?

8. Taxes: What functionality can be added or improved to make charging and managing taxes easier.

9. Tipping: How can we enhance Clover’s tipping options to benefit merchants, employees, and customers? Place all ideas related to tipping here.

Taking Payments

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

571 results found

1. We would like to invoice clients using the laptop and choose an item from our inventory. We use the inventory for the POS at events. But we would like to invoice for Classes and Camps and use inventory and not just use the notes for a more professional look/ experience for our clients. I found a backdoor way on the phone but I don't want to run that amount of business $$ just on the phone. Thank you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Invoicing  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Ability to create and print orders from the dashboard to .pdf or straight to an external letter-size printer.

Merchant takes orders over the phone, prepares their order, emails or prints out the order as a quote on a letter size sheet of paper, and has it ready when they customer comes to pick up the order.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Former First Data user here. Can you charge the reoccurring early mornings and not sporadic at multiple times during the day? Would love for it to happen around 2-4am that way its already done when the business opens. Currently they start at 8-9am and end 9pm

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Make the 'save card to customer' actually work and replace old card on file

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. REQUESTING MULTIPLE "TO" EMAIL ADDRESSES FOR SINGLE INVOICES: Merchant with new CLOVER ACCOUNT is requesting the ability to send invoices to multiple email addresses for one customer, such as TO the APPROVAL MANAGER and ACCOUNTS PAYABLE. Merchant stated he CAN enter more than one email in the CUSTOMER app on Clover, but he said it is a show stopper if we can't sent out two emails at once.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. For Recurring billing can it be added to have the ability to clear overdue invoices

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Merchant would like transaction number to start at 00001 instead of 0000 or have option to set what number the transaction number starts with.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Currently, using any browser other than Google Chrome to make a payment is intermittent (suddenly, this past week since the down time of last week 02/20/24) when clients make payments through the widget on my website that was developed via your site. This is an issue for those with Macs and others who for reasons of their own work, use other browsers. only 3 out of 20 times today was I able to go in and have the payment processed via firefox, for example. why not have your widget open in google chrome and close when done. Not everyone uses…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Payeezy  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Having the option to set associated "pricing" with tender would be most helpful. In Washington, DC we have a food token (Breadcoin) that is worth $2.50. Though we are able to designate tender type, CSR nor myself were able to locate an option to designate a price/cost with the tender option.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. It is extremely urgent that when we have a cash sale there is the ability to add tips. System is set to have CC users tip on the screen, but when customers pay with cash there is no way to go back and add the tips so the accounting is correct.

I run a high end salon which sells human hair toppers. Our average ticket is $1,000 and people tip on this! Our stylist cuts and styles the topper before the client walks out the door. When a client pays with a credit card, they have the option to tip…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tipping  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Please allow there to be a prompt for Invoice Number when processing Telecheck Payments

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Recurring payment invoices showing a "Failed" status should allow for in the view invoice the resulting bank code as to why it failed i.e. credit card expired, insufficient funds, closed account, etc. This gives me more insight into my customer so I can make decision on how I plan to rectify the account.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Merchant has requested a functionality for House Accounts

• Restaurants set up house account, where the customer agrees to pay the total amount due by the end of each month. The customer can then simply come in and eat lunch, while accruing charges to their house account and receiving an invoice at the end of the month
    6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. If combining two orders that each have a discount attached Clover seems to drop one of the discounts. Would be nice if it combined both orders with both applied discounts.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Discounts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Geo fencing of refunds would prevent refunds from being processed off of the grounds of the business if the they have the flex. this would prevent someone who took the device from the location from processing refunds.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I need instead of a delete button a pause button where I can pause a payment in a recurring plan but then able to hit resume when I want. This is crucial!!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 1) Instead of attempting to process different recurring payments transactions at unpredictable times during the day, can they all be attempted uniformly at 7am? 2) And can there be a setting for each one to be only attempted once a day?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Payeezy  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Is there anyway to setup a minimum payment threshold to be input via the clover devices. We wanted something like $30. If the sale is below $30, it won’t allow the bartender to go further in the sale screen. I see something for max threshold but not minimum

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. We require to include the 'Notes for item or service' along with the receipt email to customer.

We require to enter multiple emails in the Receipt Deliver box, right now it takes only one.

Please add these features that Payeezy has which is really nice.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I need to be able to add the convivence fee to the QR code and SQL link.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 28 29
  • Don't see your idea?