Skip to content

Taking Payments

There are a lot of ways to take a payment. Provide your ideas to help advance Clover’s payments acceptance process here. We are listening and we use this feedback to prioritize our roadmap.

Here are quick descriptions of each category so that you can easily locate and post ideas in the correct place!

1. Virtual Terminal: Provide all feedback on the Virtual Terminal in this category. How can we make this solution more useful for merchants?

2. Refunds/Exchanges: If you have any feedback on Clover’s refund or exchange functions please let us know here.

3. Recurring Payments: Share your thoughts on accepting recurring payments here. Tell us how we can improve.

4. Invoicing: Is there any functionality that can be added to our systems to enhance the invoicing feature? Put your ideas in this forum category.

5. Voids: How can we make voiding a transaction easier and simpler? Tell us your suggestions to improve this payment feature.

6. Invoicing: Share your thoughts on invoicing here. Tell us how we can improve.

7. Discounts: Ideas in the forum category should talk about the built-in Clover discounts feature which can be found in your dashboard. How can we make giving discounts easier and more effective?

8. Taxes: What functionality can be added or improved to make charging and managing taxes easier.

9. Tipping: How can we enhance Clover’s tipping options to benefit merchants, employees, and customers? Place all ideas related to tipping here.

Taking Payments

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

571 results found

1. Merchant's want an option where they can backdate transactions in the event that the transaction could not be processed until long after the actual date that the transaction was done.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, 

Thanks for your feedback. In order to clarify the use case here, can you please provide some more details on a possible scenario that a merchant would need to exercise this option?

Thanks, 

Clover Product

2. Currently, Clover Dining offers pre-auth for bar tabs, but if the pre-auth is greater than the order total, we have to pre-auth the card again to increment the pre-auth. Authorizations app has this functionality and better yet, once a card is pre-authorized, we can increment it without card present because the authorization is already saved, but it's no help because we need to manage out tabs and tables through Clover Dining.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Make it so that MacOS autofill of credit card info actually works

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Would like to have the ability to re-order how the tip options are laid out during the check out process on Station DUOs or Station 2s + mini combos. Would like to move the Skip option to the bottom under all the other tip options.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tipping  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

The Skip button on our tip screen is already at the bottom and for our new user interface, the No Tip button is also at the bottom. Can you please provide an image of this if you'd like to pursue this idea further?

Best, 

Clover Product

5. Please add links to pdf files for the invoices in Billing and Statements. As a cloud based company this seems an obvious thing to do, reducing the need for paper based copies if the merchant chooses an opt out to reduce waste.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Invoicing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Unit price needed on customer receipt. Example: 3 bulbs @ $3.98 CA $11.94.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. We need to allow customers to use the online ordering and then send them an invoice.  If we can't do this with Clover our commercial clients are going to force us to use a different credit card processor and a different system.  Why can't Clover add this as a check out option so we can get the order and generate an invoice?  Clover can charge a fee for this function since we would have to pay someone else anyway.  Do you want business going to Catertrax or some other system?  We really need your help for a solution quick!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It would be really helpful to allow us to make tipping more customizable. Stuff like changing the wording to match our business and adding a function to round up to a dollar amount since we've found that people like that option to not have so much change.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Are you guys working on ebt split payment options?
    we need a column in the price book/ inventory.exl that has ebt yes /no option

then we need the system to understand when we choose EBT payment option it only allowa items that have the Y in the ebt column to be used and it should promept for next form of payment on remainer items left of the order.

this is a must have feature if you want us to tell people we like clover.

At this point if any of my colleagues ask me i have to say NO cause…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When the customer-facing payment screen is active, the option for the customer to manually "type card" is not removable. We do not want customers manually typing their cards in order to be PCI compliant and prevent fraud!! Please enable this feature for the Clover Mini, we have just discovered today it is customizable on station devices but not the Mini!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. We have recently switched from square and a feature that we used a lot was tat our clients had the ability to purchase an E gift card from a web link. Currently we can only sell an e gift card from the store front POS.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Speed up pre-authorization process. When you preauth you have to back out of the tab to start the next. Instead it could preauth then just save the tab and go back to the main bar and more section. There are lots of "taps" happening when trying to pay / authorize etc

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. An Item is taxed when a modifier is selected for an item. In California a sandwich or salad that has hot meat like chicken or bread is toasted is required the whole item to fully be taxed.

For example, when I add modifier Toasted, Clover needs tax the item.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Taxes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow splitting of a guest check for Pick Up and Delivery orders. Clover is so traditional in the way of programming. The functionality exists for tables...cross it over to other ordering types. One person calls in and orders for 10 people or their department. FOCUS would allow me to split the check by item over multiple orders in one check. This function is CRITICAL!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Dine in deserts should be taxed.... take out deserts should not be taxed. Please allow for this, I have to give free money to the state. My previous POS allowed for this. My customers are gonna be giving the state $12,000

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Taxes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It would be nice if you can charge an order to a customer. We have multiple hospitals that charge transactions to their department. It seems to have the functionality to charge to a customer but it doesn't work. After being on the phone with Clover support for over an hour, it seems that it doesn't work and it also doesn't flow through on reporting.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, 

Thanks for your feedback. Can you clarify that the following is what you're trying to do on device?

1. Create an order
    2. Lookup a customer
    3. Use customer's card on file to pay for the order

If so, this feature is currently under review. 

Thanks, 

Clover Product

17. Gratuity should only be based on the price of the product. When I enter a delivery charge it is included in my gratuity percentage because gratuity is a percent of the whole bill. There should be an option to add an additional fee for a delivery fee that is not taxed or included in gratuity but instead tacked onto the end total of the bill.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I am unable to reply & comments are closed on the reply question from [Kevin Nathan, Admin, Clover] to my original post with this same heading.
    My reply answer is that I do mean redemptions, even though my original post says activations. I meant to say redemptions. Text of original post and reply from [Kevin Nathan, Admin, Clover] follows.

"Net batch totals should reflect the net amount deposited into the bank. Gift card activations <I meant redemptions> are included in the net batch total and need to be manually subtracted to match bank deposit.
    I propose that gift card activations…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Currently, Virtual Terminal has a wonderful invoicing feature. Two additional features could help with the invoicing and I have had requests for both:

1) Invoices have a due date default of 1 week. Merchants would like more flexibility to set due dates such as the invoice being immediately due upon receiving the invoice or up to 30 days after receiving the invoice.

2) Adding inventory items to invoices from clover inventory has been suggested and I have had many requests for this feature to be added to the invoicing in Virtual Terminal.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I work in a place where it is customary to tip out the back of house workers that make my job possible. When we had cash tips, this was very easy. However, now that we are a cashless facility, this is much more difficult. Is there a way to be able to direct a portion of my tips to the BoH workers when I close out for the night? This would be a very appreciated feature for my fellow employees who work so hard to make sure I can do my job effortlessly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?