Skip to content

Devices/Hardware

Welcome to the feedback forum for Clover Devices and Hardware. Please share your ideas for how we can update our hardware to improve merchant and customer experiences at the point of sale. We are listening and we use this feedback to prioritize our roadmap.

Here are quick descriptions of each category so that you can easily locate and post ideas in the correct place!

1. Device Setup: Were you able to easily put together and configure your device? Please express your thoughts on the device setup process here. 

2. Individual Device Categories: Share your ideas that have to do with all things hardware including the design, functionality, durability, compatibility, and more.  

3. Accessories/Peripherals: In this category, you can post all your thoughts on Clover accessories and peripherals such as the pin-pad, cash drawer, scales, scanners, and printers.

4. Other Device/Hardware Suggestions: Place your idea here if you have feedback that does not fit in any of the other forum categories.

Devices/Hardware

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

240 results found

1. Clover GO v. 4.2 doesn't move/change orientation with that of the merchant's device. Would be nice to have an option to lock/choose Portrait/Landscape orientation or an "Auto" orientation which would then change with the position/orientation of the merchant's device.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Clover Go  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. My restaurant has a Clover Station that primarily handles to-go orders and Clover Flex devices that handle dine-in orders. Currently my default Order Type is set to Dine-In, but this default applies to all my Clover devices. I want to have a different default Order Type on my Clover Station since this device mainly handles to-go (sometimes I forget to select To-Go and it defaults to Dine-In).

I would like to have the option to set a default Order Type based on device. The account-level default Order Type should still exist, but if the device has a device-specific default Order…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Clover Dining OCCUPIED Tables need to be a DARKER Color.
    They currently change to a light grey, which you cannot see on the Mini, so you don't know what tables are taken & have open tabs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. "Skip And Print" Always USED to Print a Tip and Signature line, now it doesn't. We would like that to come back. Curb Side service is very trendy and our customers are asking for a tip line!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It would be extremely helpful if the cash drawer would open for a debit sale. It will open on a credit card sale, but not debit and that is very frustrating.

You can not add "DEBIT" as a new tender and have the cash drawer open either because that tender will not bring up the screen to pay via a debit card.

Please please add this simple and easy option or make it universal that any "CHARGE" option payment opens the cash drawer instead of only having a credit card option able to open the cash drawer.

Thank you

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The order receipts are extremely wasteful when using medium or large fonts. All order receipts have too much information, and information is repeated.

When medium font size is selected, there are dotted lines and empty space between each item which causes the paper to be unnecessarily long.

While the large font should not have to be used, it is our only option as the small font is too hard to see at a distance for our chefs, and the medium font wastes too much paper. Although the large font is not ideal, it still uses less paper than the medium…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Have a report available on the POS that shows the expected cash deposit for an employee at shift change

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. make the default note bigger to include so we can include our warranty on every receipt to customers

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Can you make a report that shows expecting deposit for each employee. I can see the tip amount and the cash sells if I click on details, but I would like it to show on the Employees Reporting page all the employees and what their expected deposit is for a given date range. This is available on the Report app on the device

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. With more and more states outlawing plastic bags, we are forced to purchase reusable high-end high-priced bags for to-go items. In order to pass that cost along to customers, it would be nice to have clover let you add a service fee for these items by choosing the type of order so that the amount could be added only for takeout orders as opposed to dine-in orders. A surcharge by order type would solve that problem.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It would be nice if the Clover Flex would be able to connect to ethernet. On the device, it shows it as an option but there is no port for an ethernet cable.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clover Flex  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Alarm for COO orders needs to be louder and more persistent coming from the Clover device as employees are not hearing the order coming thru

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I want to be able to send a customer an email invoice from the dashboard and have them see that they can tip if they want to. I do mostly remote work and get paid via credit card when the work is complete. Square has this ability to add it to the invoice. It'd help remote customers make some more money. Thank you.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. It would be great to be able to customise the keyboard settings to enable the user to include a separate number row at the top of the keyboard rather than having to hard press the top row of the keyboard to access numbers. This would be similar to other android devices.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. change Sticky Label font size

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I would like to see other options for SIM card providers. AT&T doesn't have a good connection everywhere so having the option for other mobile carriers would allow for more merchants to use the SIM option.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Provide a running TOTAL sales for open orders on ORDERS app. Owner has to manually add up sales on open orders in order to see accurate sales reporting by hour, not just paid/closed out orders.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Order receipts printed on a Star 700 kitchen printer do not follow the formatting options that are selected in order receipt setup. For example, when using a medium or small font, the printed dotted lines always print regardless if this option is selected or not in the setup. Grouping items also is inconsistent based on the font size selected. The order receipt preview does reflect the selected options, but the printer doesn't. Clover Station Duo running counter service app.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. There is no Near Field Communication on the Solo.
    I don't have enough counter space for the duo but need NFC, why isn't that offered. You can ********* the oldest terminals that plug in through the phone line or ethernet, but it's not offered on a WiFi, cloud based system? Not sure what to do but its very inconvenient and my customers are asking for NFC that i cannot provide.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Some merchants want to switch processing companies but would lose access to the reporting data in one account. For instance, they are able to easily compare sales between today and this day last year. If they were to switch merchant processing companies, they would lose that privilege and would have to manually log back in into their old account for comparison. A way to export and import this data between different MIDs would be greatly beneficial.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?