Skip to content

Devices/Hardware

Welcome to the feedback forum for Clover Devices and Hardware. Please share your ideas for how we can update our hardware to improve merchant and customer experiences at the point of sale. We are listening and we use this feedback to prioritize our roadmap.

Here are quick descriptions of each category so that you can easily locate and post ideas in the correct place!

1. Device Setup: Were you able to easily put together and configure your device? Please express your thoughts on the device setup process here. 

2. Individual Device Categories: Share your ideas that have to do with all things hardware including the design, functionality, durability, compatibility, and more.  

3. Accessories/Peripherals: In this category, you can post all your thoughts on Clover accessories and peripherals such as the pin-pad, cash drawer, scales, scanners, and printers.

4. Other Device/Hardware Suggestions: Place your idea here if you have feedback that does not fit in any of the other forum categories.

Devices/Hardware

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

249 results found

1. add the servers name to the order sent to the KDS it only reflects on the printed receipts now.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Customers that already setup for recurring payments sometimes have an update on their credit card with a new expiration date only. There seems to be no way to apply the update without replacing the card. This requires to call the customer and acquire all of the card information. This is more time consuming that necessary for the customer and myself. This feature was available for Payeezy Gateway. Please consider making this available on Clover Virtual Terminal.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Wall mounted Solo options for servers would have allowed us to gain 2 major accounts. They ended up going with xxx because they felt if Clover couldn't accommodate something as simple as a wall mounted server station, then what else are they missing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please add the POS interface to Clover Go app.
    We are a restaurant and our staff would like to use tablets to take orders.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clover Go  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. When making the orders on the KDS there needs to be the actual time on the top bar of the screen not just the timer when the item was fired.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  KDS  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Clover should give an option to change the long receipt barcode into fewer numbers. I have to note down the transaction ID or barcode for review purposes later on. Printing out is impossible. It is much better to key a few numbers then I can pull the previous transaction again whenever I need quickly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. On future generations of Clover Flex terminals suggest moving the position of the ON/Off button. Here is the feedback from several merchants: when passing the terminal for payment many customers prefer to pick up the terminal when entering PIN or inserting card and often accidentally turn off the terminal. This is very annoying in a fast paced environment.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clover Flex  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. A quick reference guide for frequently used functions was expected when we switched over to Clover. I will make my own for my employees but it would be nice if Clover would put one out.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clover Mini  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I would to display the register items in order of most frequently sold items rather than alphebetically.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clover Mini  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. invoice keyboard option to use number pad instead of qwerty like the sales amount keypad

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Clover Kitchen Display System (KDS) - Groups similar items together. However, for customers who are using CLOVER DINING SOFTWARE which costs more, the printer separates items by guest, irregardless of wether the items are identical. ALL WE ASK, is that the KDS be a reflection of the regular paper printer, where the orders are separated by guests. CUSTOMERS who order the KDS will more than likely, be the same customer that uses CLOVER DINING. Why would they not design the KDS to separate by CUSTOMER, when that's how Clover Dining Customers are used to operating. PLEASE HELP.

Example: Add option…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow me to customize card reader time out, current timeout period is too short for me.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Clover Go  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. On the new clover kiosk, it should be an option to show the items on Kiosk instead of having to select the items to show online and to show on POS, the clover kiosk is at the business, and we would like to show our menu to our customers that are at the business.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Order receipt DOTTED LINE format option doesn’t work with Star 700 kitchen printer.
    When using the Large Font along with the dotted lines, the dotted lines wrap to two lines instead of only one.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The chime that plays when an order is fired to the KDS is not loud enough. We turned up all the volume settings in the settings app, and with a noisy kitchen, it is very hard to hear. In some spots of the kitchen, I can't hear it at all. There also should be a way to change the type of chime that plays. Some chimes are easier to hear. I noticed in the settings app, you can change the chime type for notifications, but you cant for orders that fire to the KDS. Very disappointing. Hope its an easy…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I have the external scanner hooked up to my clover mini. I need the ability to shut off the onboard scanner. It is an awkard customer experience to have the little scanner window pop up when there is an external scanner.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Full disclosure regarding my "clover rewards not working" complaint write up:
    My previous write up was extremely critical and I want to now speak of a much better customer service experience.
    Today, tech customer service rep, Rodney, helped me to see that my rewards program is working as intended by reviewing my dashboard. My issue was not the rewards program.
    The problem we still have, however, is our orders app on our clover duo is not working correctly when our customers "check in" with their phone number. When we complete the sale, the customer's name and their sales history from…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. We need the ability to alarm kitchen staff when a new order ticket is printed. The kitchen staff cannot constantly stare at the order ticket printer. So many POS/Printers offer the ability or at least a plug-n-play peripheral to make sound, however Clover chose not to build the feature to send signal to printer to make sound. This feature should have been there from the start considering how helpful it is to ensure orders are started timely. Please Please Please make this happen for the thermal order ticket printer.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I got problem with customer complain that when we select pay. the customer see only the amount of the items price + tips, but they don't see the taxes include. For example: the item about is $9 + taxes $1. So total on my cashier screen is $10 but on the customer screen is only $9 with tips option. It's show total include taxes anywhere on the screen alt all. Is there anyway you can add it to the screen that would be better.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?