Skip to content

Taking Payments

There are a lot of ways to take a payment. Provide your ideas to help advance Clover’s payments acceptance process here. We are listening and we use this feedback to prioritize our roadmap.

Here are quick descriptions of each category so that you can easily locate and post ideas in the correct place!

1. Virtual Terminal: Provide all feedback on the Virtual Terminal in this category. How can we make this solution more useful for merchants?

2. Refunds/Exchanges: If you have any feedback on Clover’s refund or exchange functions please let us know here.

3. Recurring Payments: Share your thoughts on accepting recurring payments here. Tell us how we can improve.

4. Invoicing: Is there any functionality that can be added to our systems to enhance the invoicing feature? Put your ideas in this forum category.

5. Voids: How can we make voiding a transaction easier and simpler? Tell us your suggestions to improve this payment feature.

6. Invoicing: Share your thoughts on invoicing here. Tell us how we can improve.

7. Discounts: Ideas in the forum category should talk about the built-in Clover discounts feature which can be found in your dashboard. How can we make giving discounts easier and more effective?

8. Taxes: What functionality can be added or improved to make charging and managing taxes easier.

9. Tipping: How can we enhance Clover’s tipping options to benefit merchants, employees, and customers? Place all ideas related to tipping here.

Taking Payments

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

50 results found

1. I need a report available on the terminals (that employees have access to) that breaks down sales by revenue class. I have a bar/restaurant and tip out is done based off of sales (liquor/food).

94 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, 

If comparing to the Employees Report within the Web Dashboard, which shows Employee Sales Summary and Employee Summary by Revenue Class, would this information suffice, or are there additional details/classes that would be helpful for this on-device report?

Also, does the Reporting App on the device help with this request, or is that also missing pertinent information that your staff would like to see?

Thanks, 

Clover Product

2. virtual terminal on the dashboard to be able to involve his inventory to track stock amounts and sales

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Many of them need itemized invoice feature in clover dashboard / Virtual terminal

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When batching out, Clover should have an option to be able to print all transactions out that are included in that batch.

This is something that First Data terminals can do like the FD130 or the Verifone VX520. A merchant presses batch out or closeout and the batch report prints and lists every single transaction by amount and last 4 digits of cc.

I have lost sales of Clover devices just because this functionality is lacking. In one case, I was giving the merchant a free Flex, and he didn't want it after he found out he can't print a…

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

All - We have are updating this status of this request to Under Review,  as we did not fully understand that this ask is for a detailed batch report to print from the device.

Detailed transaction level reporting is available on the dashboard today. The team has been working on multiple reporting enhancements, but they are focused on the dashboard. 

We do have a team reviewing this request.  Thank you for understanding our confusion and we will return with an update as soon as one is available. 

Thank you

Clover Communications

5. The Invoicing tool in Virtual Terminal should have a drop down menu that is connected directly to the Clover Inventory in the register.

1. This will allow the open to invoice to still be seen on register screen with the Orders app.
    2. Once paid this will automatically update the Clover inventory and Sales reports

Right now, the way its set up there is really no real advantage for me to use it over any other invoicing apps out there.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. PLEASE!!! Please update software to be able to store cards on file through the clover itself as you have through the virtual terminal.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please give an option for merchant to title/label the invoice.
    Please elicit greater character count (no limit) in the Note/Description section, as opposed to 255 characters.
    Please include an "Insert tip" option, on customer's invoice, prior to paying, once merchant has sent the invoice to their email.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add Automatic Taxes On Invoices - Virtual Terminal and the ability to remove taxes if needed

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Enable a "Create New Order" function on the web dashboard. That will enable a salesperson to create a new/custom order & make edits/adjustments without the need for using Clover Station at the Point of Sale. That way, once the order is complete & ready for pick-up/payment, any associate can pull the Open Order up at the Point of Sale & collect payment at the time the customer picks up their order.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This use case will be supported when we add the ability to build orders with inventory items in in the VT. That feature has significant demand and is on our long-term roadmap. 

10. Merchant, Tina Gaudino of Richardson Koudelka LLP, suggested adding a web link in Virtual Terminal to send customers in lieu of sending invoices.

The web link would require customer to fill in required information and send back to merchant via email.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Merchant charges other businesses for products. They need the option in Virtual Terminal search field to search the business name and not just by a person's name and email address as the people and email addresses may change from time to time. In the customer field the business name is an option, requesting that be added to the search field to easily locate the correct business to be charged.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When I receive payment for an invoice that I sent through the virtual terminal in a form other than through Clover (cash, check, etc.) I would like the option to cancel the invoice without sending an automatic email to the customer. What happens currently is I will send an invoice via the virtual terminal, then I receive a check in the mail (for example) for the invoice, I cancel the request for payment I sent through the virtual terminal, and then the client receives an email saying their invoice was canceled. This frequently leads them to email me asking if…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. As I clean up overdue invoices, I've found about 40 where payment had been made another way (check, warranty coverage, etc.). When I canceled the invoice, I was not aware the customer would be notified via email. I was suddenly bombarded with calls from confused customers thinking they were getting billed again.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Currently it will show "Employee" ran the payment under the Transactions tab. It would be very helpful to know who sent that.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. A few merchants have contacted me regarding the invoicing on the Virtual Terminal. They would like the ability to change the payment time frame on the emailed invoices. It currently only gives you the option of "pay within 7 days". They would like to be able to change it to "pay immediately" or to change the days out for payments (for example- "pay within 30 days"); or not have any payment time frames at all.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. To stop a charge backs ! when we send the virtual terminal invoice That basic email you have created you need to protect us with letting the "PAYEE" put in as much information as possible, like card billing address and an acceptance button with Regs and or disclaimers somebox where they can check off the amount to be charge before pressing the authorize transaction button.
    As of now the person receiving the email only has to enter a card number. Anybody can have the card number is my point. That would help us. Greatly.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Invoices from Virtual Terminal do not identify the employee who sent the invoice and payments on those invoices refer to generic "employee". Both should be able to be traced to the employee who created the invoice

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Merchant would like to be able to export transactions ran via the VT app and have the notes section also populate on the excel sheet. She currently adds an order note but when she exports the payments the notes section is blank.She needs this to help with her invoices being sent. I advised of clover Go showing the notes but she needs the invoice option via the VT

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Under reporting (using Clover Flex terminal), would like to see an option to eliminate or hide server & employee totals on the nightly close out batch totals. Not required with our business sector - waste of paper!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow each transaction to print on batch header report from terminal each night

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?