Skip to content

Taking Payments

There are a lot of ways to take a payment. Provide your ideas to help advance Clover’s payments acceptance process here. We are listening and we use this feedback to prioritize our roadmap.

Here are quick descriptions of each category so that you can easily locate and post ideas in the correct place!

1. Virtual Terminal: Provide all feedback on the Virtual Terminal in this category. How can we make this solution more useful for merchants?

2. Refunds/Exchanges: If you have any feedback on Clover’s refund or exchange functions please let us know here.

3. Recurring Payments: Share your thoughts on accepting recurring payments here. Tell us how we can improve.

4. Invoicing: Is there any functionality that can be added to our systems to enhance the invoicing feature? Put your ideas in this forum category.

5. Voids: How can we make voiding a transaction easier and simpler? Tell us your suggestions to improve this payment feature.

6. Invoicing: Share your thoughts on invoicing here. Tell us how we can improve.

7. Discounts: Ideas in the forum category should talk about the built-in Clover discounts feature which can be found in your dashboard. How can we make giving discounts easier and more effective?

8. Taxes: What functionality can be added or improved to make charging and managing taxes easier.

9. Tipping: How can we enhance Clover’s tipping options to benefit merchants, employees, and customers? Place all ideas related to tipping here.

Taking Payments

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

566 results found

1. Speed up pre-authorization process. When you preauth you have to back out of the tab to start the next. Instead it could preauth then just save the tab and go back to the main bar and more section. There are lots of "taps" happening when trying to pay / authorize etc

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Allow the user to opt in and out of certain notifications to their email, SMS, or Clover G2 App!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Voids  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, 

Thanks for your feedback. Can you please provide further details on what you would be looking for? We see value in notifications of refunds processed by other employees. Any additional context or requirements you may have would be great. 

Thanks, 

Clover Product 

3. An Item is taxed when a modifier is selected for an item. In California a sandwich or salad that has hot meat like chicken or bread is toasted is required the whole item to fully be taxed.

For example, when I add modifier Toasted, Clover needs tax the item.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Taxes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. The additional fees button adds the fee below the tax line--this is not correct. Any fee that is not voluntary is taxable in CA.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Taxes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow splitting of a guest check for Pick Up and Delivery orders. Clover is so traditional in the way of programming. The functionality exists for tables...cross it over to other ordering types. One person calls in and orders for 10 people or their department. FOCUS would allow me to split the check by item over multiple orders in one check. This function is CRITICAL!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Dine in deserts should be taxed.... take out deserts should not be taxed. Please allow for this, I have to give free money to the state. My previous POS allowed for this. My customers are gonna be giving the state $12,000

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Taxes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It would be nice if you can charge an order to a customer. We have multiple hospitals that charge transactions to their department. It seems to have the functionality to charge to a customer but it doesn't work. After being on the phone with Clover support for over an hour, it seems that it doesn't work and it also doesn't flow through on reporting.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, 

Thanks for your feedback. Can you clarify that the following is what you're trying to do on device?

1. Create an order
    2. Lookup a customer
    3. Use customer's card on file to pay for the order

If so, this feature is currently under review. 

Thanks, 

Clover Product

8. Gratuity should only be based on the price of the product. When I enter a delivery charge it is included in my gratuity percentage because gratuity is a percent of the whole bill. There should be an option to add an additional fee for a delivery fee that is not taxed or included in gratuity but instead tacked onto the end total of the bill.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tipping  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Native functionality to support the typical discounts retailers use, such as: (1) Buy One, Get One for x % off; (2) Bundled discounts; (3) Spend X discounts; (4) Quantity Discounts

Retailers frequently offer promotional discounts to encourage upselling, promotion of new products, and to clear out old inventory. This is so common within the industry that Clover needs a much better solution to effectively serve retail merchants.

Zaytech offers an app with some of this functionality, but it is buggy and doesn't work with variants

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Discounts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. To stop a charge backs ! when we send the virtual terminal invoice That basic email you have created you need to protect us with letting the "PAYEE" put in as much information as possible, like card billing address and an acceptance button with Regs and or disclaimers somebox where they can check off the amount to be charge before pressing the authorize transaction button.
    As of now the person receiving the email only has to enter a card number. Anybody can have the card number is my point. That would help us. Greatly.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I am unable to reply & comments are closed on the reply question from [Kevin Nathan, Admin, Clover] to my original post with this same heading.
    My reply answer is that I do mean redemptions, even though my original post says activations. I meant to say redemptions. Text of original post and reply from [Kevin Nathan, Admin, Clover] follows.

"Net batch totals should reflect the net amount deposited into the bank. Gift card activations <I meant redemptions> are included in the net batch total and need to be manually subtracted to match bank deposit.
    I propose that gift card activations…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Have a feature that allows us to customize categories for when tips are appropriate and when they are not. For example, if someone orders from the dine in/restaurant category, have a feature available for tipping. If they order grocery items, they should not have an option to tip.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Outreach Request  ·  1 comment  ·  Tipping  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add an option to view projected recurring schedule for payments or number of projected payment. Give an opportunity to confirm the correct information.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. This features is only available with Clover Station 2018, Solo and DUO. Currently, unsupported by Clover Mini and Flex.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When Enabled, Additional charges should automatically apply to every order unless removed by employee.

As of now, additional charges need to manually be applied to every order

Thanks

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Invoices from Virtual Terminal do not identify the employee who sent the invoice and payments on those invoices refer to generic "employee". Both should be able to be traced to the employee who created the invoice

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Customer places an order for $300 and leaves a deposit of $150 but later calls to change from one items to another but doesnt change significantly the price, when removing the changed item, it will have to be refunded. Then now the customer has to close out the order but now has to add more money to the $150 original deposit. They were very confused and no one don't want to have that when it comes to customers and their money or order. The deposit amount should apply to the total order and any changes made not affect the deposit

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Currently, Virtual Terminal has a wonderful invoicing feature. Two additional features could help with the invoicing and I have had requests for both:

1) Invoices have a due date default of 1 week. Merchants would like more flexibility to set due dates such as the invoice being immediately due upon receiving the invoice or up to 30 days after receiving the invoice.

2) Adding inventory items to invoices from clover inventory has been suggested and I have had many requests for this feature to be added to the invoicing in Virtual Terminal.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Invoicing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. You are not able to exchange when using this counter service software. only on register software can exchanges be made but not able to have modifiers.
    on counter we use modifiers but can not exchange only refund of refund item. why?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I work in a place where it is customary to tip out the back of house workers that make my job possible. When we had cash tips, this was very easy. However, now that we are a cashless facility, this is much more difficult. Is there a way to be able to direct a portion of my tips to the BoH workers when I close out for the night? This would be a very appreciated feature for my fellow employees who work so hard to make sure I can do my job effortlessly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tipping  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?