Skip to content

Taking Payments

There are a lot of ways to take a payment. Provide your ideas to help advance Clover’s payments acceptance process here. We are listening and we use this feedback to prioritize our roadmap.

Here are quick descriptions of each category so that you can easily locate and post ideas in the correct place!

1. Virtual Terminal: Provide all feedback on the Virtual Terminal in this category. How can we make this solution more useful for merchants?

2. Refunds/Exchanges: If you have any feedback on Clover’s refund or exchange functions please let us know here.

3. Recurring Payments: Share your thoughts on accepting recurring payments here. Tell us how we can improve.

4. Invoicing: Is there any functionality that can be added to our systems to enhance the invoicing feature? Put your ideas in this forum category.

5. Voids: How can we make voiding a transaction easier and simpler? Tell us your suggestions to improve this payment feature.

6. Invoicing: Share your thoughts on invoicing here. Tell us how we can improve.

7. Discounts: Ideas in the forum category should talk about the built-in Clover discounts feature which can be found in your dashboard. How can we make giving discounts easier and more effective?

8. Taxes: What functionality can be added or improved to make charging and managing taxes easier.

9. Tipping: How can we enhance Clover’s tipping options to benefit merchants, employees, and customers? Place all ideas related to tipping here.

Taking Payments

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

572 results found

1. Clover needs to make the system at the register user friendly for TAX FREE WEEKEND in Texas. Only apparel and footwear are tax free in my store leaving everything else being taxed. If a customer comes up to checkout with $200 in apparel and $200 in gifts on the same transaction ONLY the apparel is allowed to be tax free under the state rules. Clover needs to have a option where we can ring up all the customers items on one transaction and then be able to click on each individual item and remove the taxes if needed. How Clover…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Taxes  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. It is time consuming and really impedes the process of checkout when we have to stop the process, back out and then add an additional tip for an assistant in addition to the service provider bc the client does not get an option to tip the assistant on the screen. it could be like a total additional screen even?

ALSO, it is a BIG DEAL that when clients tip a percentage it is added onto the entire ticket and not just the service amount. it takes a lot of time to explain it every single time, and in the event…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tipping  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. merchant would like to apply surcharge to all online orders regardless of the card type to avoid paying fees for debit transactions as well as credit.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Hello,

Is their a way we could remove the "Done" and "Thank you" page once a transaction is completed? For merchants that have quick serve restaurants it is very time consuming when they have a line of customers out the door to have to view these two screens before starting a new transaction.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Would like to be able to close bills as a room charge and include gratuity to be factored into shift reports. We can create special tenders but can only process them for the exact amount of the bill. This also applies to paper gift certificates.

For example, if a customer has a $45 bill and a $50 gift certificate, it would be nice to process the special tender for $50 and have the remaining $5 count towards the servers tips. Or if they are charging a $25 meal to their room but want to include a $5 tip, we could…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. You should be able to revise customer payment information. We have a lot of customers that are on a monthly subscription with us. There are times when they have to get a new card and we need to be able to update that customer's information with the new card. OR a minor change like that CC expired and we need to be able to update the credit card exp date. Simple things like that would sure be useful rather than having to delete the entire customer and set them back up again.

Also, seems silly that once we enter the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I would like for Cash and Check transactions to be available to be entered on Clover.com Dashboard, when away from Clover terminal. My client who uses Clover receives check payments in the mail and it would be easiest for them to enter these checks at their desk rather than up at the terminal, especially while it is being used. And they multiple locations, so will pick up cash and checks to bring back to their main location, but cannot enter these at the main location as they are required to do so at the specific location's terminal.

Bonus if these…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Opt-In tipping instead of Opt-Out.

There's a big difference between asking how much you want to tip versus giving the option to tip if they press an optional button. Especially for services that don't usually but would sometimes like to tip (such as retail).

Leaving customers with thinking about if the person behind the counter is judging them for not tipping is not the final impression a customer should be left with and that is the only option with opt-out tipping being the only tipping option.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I used to have Square and I can say that Square estimate/invoice system is far superior than Clover. I will really appreciate if Clover can match the capability that Square has for the invoice and estimate.

I send a lot of wedding and special events invoices and we like to make them with all the details of their purchase. We will like that Clover lest us select the items that we have on our menu to add it to the invoice or estimate, add the quantity needed, add a description, date of service, reminders, the option to make a deposit,…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Invoicing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I just had a server bring me a receipt. She went to enter the tip and it said tip was stored on device. She didn't use a hand held. Why can't she confirm the tip or let the manager have power to change the tip. This has happened numerous times. This has to change or else I need to change point of sales systems as my staff keep losing their hard earned tips.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The ability for the signature verification screen to be turned on and off. Merchant liked this feature as it allowed them time to check customers ID.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. In my job I do not deal with customers face to face all my clients are dealt with online so I am often needing to send an invoice for payment. It tends to get very busy around here and I often forget to check back to see if they have paid their invoice leaving customers waiting longer than they should for their results. With our previous provider when a payment was made I received an email notification with a copy of the receipt to my preferred email as a reminder this was one of my favorite features whereas clover only…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. You really need to Add Editing to Invoices as it is essential in case you make a mistake or need to adjust a price.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Would like the option for discounts to apply only to particular revenue class. IE, we have a $20 food credit option but there is no way to apply it to the bill without it also discounting beverages/liquor

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Discounts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. We need to be able to offer quantity discounts and for them to be automatically applied.

I have a donut shop and offer a $1.50 discount when customers purchase 6 donuts and a $3.50 discount when they buy 12. Wen they buy 18, they get $5.00 off ($3.50+$1.50), when they buy 24 they get $7off ($3.50+$3.50), they buy 30 they get $8.50 ($3.50+$3.50+$1.50) and so on.

Right now the only way I can apply the discount is by setting up a $1.50 and $3.50 discount and manually applying them to each sale which adds quite a few steps to the…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Loosing 40 Jewelry store locations as the Stock Quantity does not add the item count back to inventory. Could you please implement this asap?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I have a business that uses manufacturer coupons to discount items. I need the ability to charge sales tax on the price before discounts.

Exp:

$100 item 9% sales tax $5 coupon.

Before coupon sales tax is $9.00. After coupon sales tax drops to $8.55. Because it is a manufacturer coupon we need to charge sales tax on $100 not $95

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. In the old system we used, our clients on recurring payment would sometimes pay their monthly draft in person before the draft occurred. We called that "COLLECT AT CLUB". That would cancel out their upcoming payment and mark them as having paid that month's draft. This does not exist in Clover but what could make this doable would be to allow the START DATE (or NEXT PAYMENT DATE) to be edited like the End Date is. Currently, the START DATE is set and permanent. In order to change the NEXT PAYMENT, a client must be deleted and re-set in the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, 

Thanks for reaching out. In order to assess the business opportunity here, can you please provide more details on your exact business use case? 

Thanks, 

Clover Product

19. I love the QR ecommerce feature under payment links. The problem I have, is that I can't connect the QR code to a certain item in inventory. So when I run a report, the QR code item sold shows as "uncategorized". Could you please add a way to connect an inventory item to the QR code payment link function?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Linke Clover payment to Quick Books. we have a recuring mothly payments and we want it to be linked to invoices on Quickbook

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?