Skip to content

Taking Payments

There are a lot of ways to take a payment. Provide your ideas to help advance Clover’s payments acceptance process here. We are listening and we use this feedback to prioritize our roadmap.

Here are quick descriptions of each category so that you can easily locate and post ideas in the correct place!

1. Virtual Terminal: Provide all feedback on the Virtual Terminal in this category. How can we make this solution more useful for merchants?

2. Refunds/Exchanges: If you have any feedback on Clover’s refund or exchange functions please let us know here.

3. Recurring Payments: Share your thoughts on accepting recurring payments here. Tell us how we can improve.

4. Invoicing: Is there any functionality that can be added to our systems to enhance the invoicing feature? Put your ideas in this forum category.

5. Voids: How can we make voiding a transaction easier and simpler? Tell us your suggestions to improve this payment feature.

6. Invoicing: Share your thoughts on invoicing here. Tell us how we can improve.

7. Discounts: Ideas in the forum category should talk about the built-in Clover discounts feature which can be found in your dashboard. How can we make giving discounts easier and more effective?

8. Taxes: What functionality can be added or improved to make charging and managing taxes easier.

9. Tipping: How can we enhance Clover’s tipping options to benefit merchants, employees, and customers? Place all ideas related to tipping here.

Taking Payments

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

571 results found

1. I think we should be able to change the date customers get charged. I run a wine club and sometimes my dates change for when I need to charge a customer. The only solution the customer service gave me was to end each individual persons subscription and then add them with the new date. Also if that is going to be the solution we should be able to have a way to do a mass add or delete to them.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Many of them need itemized invoice feature in clover dashboard / Virtual terminal

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Merchants and their employees need to be automatically notified when an invoice is overdue and/paid. Merchants want to be automatically notified when an invoice is overdue so they dont have to log in and look at each invoice. MErchants also want the reminders of past due to be automatically sent to the customers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Invoicing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. In the Tips program, it would be very helpful to also show the Cardholders Name or Last Name. Rather than having to look for the last 4 digits on the receipt and on the screen.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tipping  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, 

Thanks for your feedback. Would you mind elaborating on the problem you're running into by not having the Cardholder Name in this Tips report? Also, to confirm, are you referring to the Tips app on the Clover device, or on the Clover Web Dashboard?

Thanks, 

Clover Product

5. Retailers give store credits to customers (on a slip) and have it enabled as a payment tender. When store credit is chosen and it covers a partial payment
    and then the rest of the payment is by credit/debit card the payment receipt only shows the credit/debit card payment not the store credit. It should show both payment methods on the receipt.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Restaurant merchant runs multi shifts per day and would like the ability to filter employee tips report by the hour to receive an detailed tip report for just the servers working on Shift A or B etc. Currently tip reports are via a 24 hour period.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tipping  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. An option to 'Automatically void a transaction if' Street Address and/or Postal code does not match. (No Workaround)

VT Fraud Tools has it separated between two options.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Any payment received requires Name, Email and or Phone number via clover go app, or URL, or QR code

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback. For URL and QR code, merchants can make these fields required within "Account & Setup > Hosted Checkout Configuration".

Thank you, 

Clover Product

9. when you create an invoices it should allow you to add more items in case customer buys multiple items and once the customer receives the invoices allow them to enter tip

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Back Log  ·  3 comments  ·  Invoicing  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allowing different pay types other than credit card payments to have an option of signature on the customer facing screen. In the Signature settings we have selected "Always require signature" but it only prompts for a signature for a credit card payments. We would like to have it prompt for a signature for all payment types.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. We need to be able to process payments offline in Canada too! 🇨🇦 Roger's network was down on Sunday so that meant no data or wifi. We lost hundreds of dollars by only being able to take cash . Please fix this now!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When entering a charge in the virtual terminal, we enter the customer name but that name will not appear in the transaction report unless we set the customer up first and save all their info. This is time consuming. Since we already entered the name when charging, that name should appear in the report.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. To improve the invoice with the date that you want to be paid and not the same date you send the invoice, columns for each product being sold, message box to say something for the customers order, to be able to edit the invoice

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Hello Clover,

A lot of my Retail merchants would like the ability to assign a customer to a manual refund. Just like how merchants can assign customers to a sale in the Clover Register.

The reason for this is sometimes the Merchant is unable to process a refund via the Orders/Transactions app via the debit card on file. When that happens they are only able to process a refund via a cash payment but sometimes the customer is not in the store to receive the cash.

As a result the merchant has to perform a manual refund. When doing that…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When I receive payment for an invoice that I sent through the virtual terminal in a form other than through Clover (cash, check, etc.) I would like the option to cancel the invoice without sending an automatic email to the customer. What happens currently is I will send an invoice via the virtual terminal, then I receive a check in the mail (for example) for the invoice, I cancel the request for payment I sent through the virtual terminal, and then the client receives an email saying their invoice was canceled. This frequently leads them to email me asking if…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Customers who regularly order online but have gift cards are not able to order online using the gift cards. This needs to be changed because it's no different than them using them in store. Our loyal customers want this!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. We would like to have a control field added to the Virtual Terminal Invoice option, that will transfer over to reporting. We use control numbers for all transactions, on a normal transaction that number carries over to reporting. There is no such field in the Invoice option. This forces our accounting team to spend long lengths of time researching customer names, rather than already having the control data in reporting.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow the customers country to be listed in address for when merchant accepts payment from foreign customers.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I would like to display Payment Link names (QR Code, Link and button) in the dashboard so I can differentiate between various campaigns. Currently, they all show up as "Custom Item" and that's not very helpful.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Merchant wants the option to send invoices trough the clover devices and also wants to be able to have the option to scan to pay

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?