Skip to content

Taking Payments

There are a lot of ways to take a payment. Provide your ideas to help advance Clover’s payments acceptance process here. We are listening and we use this feedback to prioritize our roadmap.

Here are quick descriptions of each category so that you can easily locate and post ideas in the correct place!

1. Virtual Terminal: Provide all feedback on the Virtual Terminal in this category. How can we make this solution more useful for merchants?

2. Refunds/Exchanges: If you have any feedback on Clover’s refund or exchange functions please let us know here.

3. Recurring Payments: Share your thoughts on accepting recurring payments here. Tell us how we can improve.

4. Invoicing: Is there any functionality that can be added to our systems to enhance the invoicing feature? Put your ideas in this forum category.

5. Voids: How can we make voiding a transaction easier and simpler? Tell us your suggestions to improve this payment feature.

6. Invoicing: Share your thoughts on invoicing here. Tell us how we can improve.

7. Discounts: Ideas in the forum category should talk about the built-in Clover discounts feature which can be found in your dashboard. How can we make giving discounts easier and more effective?

8. Taxes: What functionality can be added or improved to make charging and managing taxes easier.

9. Tipping: How can we enhance Clover’s tipping options to benefit merchants, employees, and customers? Place all ideas related to tipping here.

Taking Payments

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

571 results found

1. The first receipt that gets printed out after any transaction is our merchant copy that allows the customers to leave a tip & sign at the bottom. We collect these at the end of the day to either add in our tips & as a reference in case a customer files a dispute with their credit card company for fraudulent charges stating that they haven't dined here. I need to be able to reprint this receipt just in case the first one gets lost, damaged, incorrectly printed, etc. Sometimes we run out of receipt paper and the receipt does not…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Please change the virtual terminal customer search box back to the way it was so I can see multiple different customers at one. This new update or change that happened a few weeks ago allows me to see the first one and then when I scroll I am only able to see in between two. I have already contacted your support team who told me they can help me. PLEASE CHANGE THIS BACK ITS IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND THE CORRECT PERSON.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, 

In order to better understand the issue here, are you able to provide a screenshot of what you're seeing in the Virtual Terminal customer search?

Best, 

Clover Product

3. PLEASE ADD ANOTHER TIP BUTTON... 15% 18% 20%

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Tipping  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. At the bottom of the receipt so that customer can select the percentage.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tipping  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. The merchant would like the ability to select the tax rates to apply to a custom item. At this time custom items will only allow default tax

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Taxes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. When exchanging or refunding an item it would be nice if the stock is enter back in the inventory

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. After just recenly purchasing the system and bringing it online, we have been told by tech support that features described on clover.com/help may or may not be applicable to us, as Clover only has the .com help set up for US clients, with no way to differentiate what applies in Canada and what doesn't. I need a way to add a business rule to allow for tax exemptions under certain circumstances, as using a business rule like as is outlined on the clover.com/help page would be far more helpful than making one of our two required taxes optional. Please bring…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Taxes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Have the payment options per guest available. Discount, split pay, etc.
    * Once guest 1 checks out ability to add to other guest order.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    • Split a guest check w/ multi payment> Guest 1 checking out early paying by Gift Card and cash or CC. If you use the GC it take the amount of the entire bill not guest 1. Please allow it to take off funds for guest 1.
      • Have the payment options per guest available. Discount, split pay, etc.
      • Once guest 1 checks out ability to add to other guest order.
    3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Would like to have an option to remove tax by item in register. Only option is to remove tax from whole order.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Taxes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Have permissions for employees on which discounts can be used. Instead of all or nothing.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Discounts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. When batching out, Clover should have an option to be able to print all transactions out that are included in that batch.

This is something that First Data terminals can do like the FD130 or the Verifone VX520. A merchant presses batch out or closeout and the batch report prints and lists every single transaction by amount and last 4 digits of cc.

I have lost sales of Clover devices just because this functionality is lacking. In one case, I was giving the merchant a free Flex, and he didn't want it after he found out he can't print a…

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

All - We have are updating this status of this request to Under Review,  as we did not fully understand that this ask is for a detailed batch report to print from the device.

Detailed transaction level reporting is available on the dashboard today. The team has been working on multiple reporting enhancements, but they are focused on the dashboard. 

We do have a team reviewing this request.  Thank you for understanding our confusion and we will return with an update as soon as one is available. 

Thank you

Clover Communications

13. On the Clover Go device the order needs to be changed.
    Currently, I select an item, insert the client card, flip the screen for a tip, they immediately flip it back to me because it then pops up remove card, THEN it asks them to sign so we flip it back. There needs to be a way to add tip, then immediately sign.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tipping  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I had a restaurant owner ask if we had the ability to have a tip report that has the option to deduct a percentage off the tips owed to a server to cover the discount rate the restaurant would pay on the tips. Example. Server has $100.00 in credit card tips for the day. The tip report would calculate the 3% fee the owner will pay on tip and deduct the $3 and say the server will be paid out $97. This feature will save the owner thousands of dollars a year. I lost the deal due to not having…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. MERCHANTS THAT REQUIRE SIGNATURE/TIPS ON PRINTED RECEIPTS ARE ABLE TO ADD TIPS TO CHECKS AND GIFT CARD TRANSACTIONS IN THE TIP APP. HOWEVER, THE CLOVER EQUIPMENT DOESN'T INCLUDE THOSE TIPS IN THE REPORTING APP AND DO NOT APPEAR IN THE WEB DASHBOARD. SEVERAL MERCHANTS HAVE PREVIOUSLY CALLED EXPLAINING HOW THIS HAS MADE IT DIFFICULT WHEN CALCULATING THEIR END OF YEAR TOTALS BECAUSE THEY HAVE BEEN ADDING TIPS TO CHECKS AND GIFT CARDS THROUGHOUT 2020 IN THE TIP APP.
    THE FEATURE OF SHOWING CHECKS AND GIFT CARDS IN THE TIP APP AND BEING ABLE TO ADD TIPS IN THE APP SHOULD…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Remove, Move or Shrink G Pay and Make Credit Card Payments the Bold and Obvious Choice for Paying Online

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I would like to request a feature. When we do discounts, we offer a discount for veterans and police that covers the sales tax in our county (6.75%). I would like to request removing the whole number requirement and allowing us to put in a 6.75% discount for our front line heroes.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Discounts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. We are a church. We get checks in mail. We want to retrieve customer name in the virtual terminal, select the inventory item, select payment type, enter the amount and send receipt.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Have the ability to override a price in the order without a discount, creating a new item, or variable price item.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Discounts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?